Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

[solved]Sanctuary

Toejam
    Toejam

[solved]Sanctuary - Page 8 Empty Re: [solved]Sanctuary

Post  Toejam Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:02 pm

Spoiler:

And that's where the spoilers end. If you didn't read it that's fine too, cause truthfully I prefer reading things in the order they come too. Though John Green did this to me and my interest was peaked right at the beginning of the book. I'm hoping I can do something similar. If not, at least it'll be something the readers can look at in the meantime. Although, it wound up longer than intended. I might cut out the ruins part from the preview and just keep the God's Governor's Shrine. Six pages is a bit much lol.
    Suuba
    Suuba

Post  Suuba Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:42 pm

[solved]Sanctuary - Page 8 What_by_elmojake-d5yczqd
    oh hi there.
    Could be two words, but who the fuck knows?
    how the fuck was that pushing it? It wasn't anywhere near pushing it >:[
    Contining, Su's arc. Fucking awesome, holy fucking shit. I assume this is after TJ kills some of the 8?
    Are you going to still put that shit on here, or on fuckfiction, or on that itty bitty ass site you made? (^._.^)
    I'm confused as shit. Also motherfucker MAKE THIS SHIT GORYerer. And fucking yeah.

XXXXXXXXXXX
    here have a fucking comic ~~
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:31 pm

Well if we have to question it, it probably doesn't matter too much lol. But if you think so then there's always room for improvements, as far as gore goes. Sanctuary is gonna be another big step in working with things out of my comfort zone, so I'll take that a few steps further throughout it. Glad you like it. This'll be posted prior to the new prologue I'm gonna write for Sanctuary, but it'll still be a little while before then. I'll post this and the prologue on FF once they're both done, but I wanted your opinion on them first.
    Right now I'm going through Frequency to correct the mistakes and fix the dialogue, then I'll do USS(removing the songs too for copyright's sake) and then writing the prologue for Sanctuary. Prologue might be done along the way, but you'll always get the first look per usual lol.
    Back on topic though, it IS after they take out some of the 7. It's gonna be a hella long story cause there's quite a few arcs lol. But yeah the preview was intended to leave readers confused, and if it peaks your interest, all the better. I'm considering posting that sooner than the prologue since I haven't posted anything story wise in a few months. With all that said, I can assure you there'll be more gore. Frequency was the first step I had taken in the matter, but now I think I'm ready to push it even further. Let's hope the readers are ready for what's to come lol.
    Next time I drop by I'll probably post the bonus chapter for hero I wrote. THAT will likely go on the blog. Not sure if I can post it on fiction press without getting banned lol. Also hilarious comic
    Suuba
    Suuba

Post  Suuba Mon May 06, 2013 9:59 pm

questionanationwhat
    yeah I saw it on ff, saw some changes too lmfao
    well lmfao, I think you already confused the shit out of some of the readers on ff, but then again some are actually smart
    lammmmmeeeeeeeee

enjoy motherfucker
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Sun May 12, 2013 7:44 pm

Whether bullshit is two words or one lol. Doesn't matter much now though.
    I did add a couple things to the finished product cause it felt like something was missing lol. I felt there was a small gap in what made Lady Amae decide to form the contract with Su, and what was written there so I added the little Frequency Link bit to clear it up. The name might be changed later, but for now I'm settling with that.
    Made some really good progress on the prologue sop I'll post it now. This time around its actually a good length and focused on some of the others. Though I did take your advice and added a bit more gore. Rather, a lot lol. Hopefully the new style is an improvement.
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Sun May 12, 2013 7:50 pm

Here's the first 6 pages of the prologue.

Spoiler:

I realized there were very few battles between the main story events, and if there were, they were really short and not well described. Initially I thought it was because they would bore the reader, and that it'd make little sense if the characters had a hard time with weak agasura. Story wise though, now that everything is becoming stronger I can make use of it to spice things up a bit like I did here. If you think it works I'll stick with the idea and continue on from there. If not, its back tot he drawing board lol.
    It's been a long time since I actually posted anything Sanctuary related in the Sanctuary forum.
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Fri May 17, 2013 12:23 pm

Here's up to page 14 of the chapter. I'll fit the rest in one more post for the sake of not having to erase stuff to fit it lol.
    Spoiler:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Fri May 17, 2013 12:35 pm

Spoiler:

This prologue went on much longer than I intended, but it did give me a chance to experiment some more. I'm hoping that it turned out well. I dunno why but I just put a ton of time in and got it done yesterday. Probably won't be too long until I start on chapter 1, but I might put it on hold to complete the storyboards and show Project H/H some love lol. In the meantime, if you wanna make any changes to your character's look, now's your chance. Once it goes public I probably won't be making any further changes unless something happens story wise. I try to only redo information that might cause continuity errors or confusion. Man that sounded way too serious for my liking lol.
    Anyway, though TJ looks the same he'll be getting a new outfit later. Since the story is departing greatly from the LT ties, you can make something that isn't in the game. Heck, even I did for the stuff in TJ's memories. Amata too lol. So yeah, that's all for now until next time.
    Suuba
    Suuba

Post  Suuba Mon May 20, 2013 8:49 pm

so many spelling mistakes in allthat shit. just fucking stop. but they were pretty cool.

Just put su in a tshirt and some jeans or somethng else then what she originaly wore. because I realized it fucking sucked. yeah I have no fashion sence whatsoever
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Wed May 22, 2013 8:24 am

You're right, there was a ton of spelling mistakes I caught so far while editing. Thankfully, that's what the rough draft was for lol. I'll go through it to the end and iron those out and make some slight changes as I go along. By the end of it, it should be a lot better than it is now.
    Though I think what Su wore was fine. I was just giving you the option to change it if you wanted to. Aside from that, I think your fashion sense is fine. Ever heard the phrase "Dare to be different"? You took that chance, and I respect that. Only reason I had TJ wear that outfit was 'cause it was what he had worn in-game. If not for that, I probably would have done something simpler. If you're sure about your decision though, I'll respect that and go with it.
    With that said, I'll be doing some more edits today so hopefully sometime this week I'll actually get something else done lol. My expectations aren't high but we'll see how it all shakes out.
    Suuba
    Suuba

Post  Suuba Wed May 22, 2013 12:10 pm

coughcoughspellcheckcough

lol fuck I dont really give a damn as to what she wears anymore so just do whatever.
    Also, im gonna be gone for a while not sure how long though. so just keep updating and shit until i come back
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:03 pm

Leave it to me. Wherever you are, just be sure to check your twitter once in a while for my updates. Once I actually get to work on chapter 1 I'll post it here occasionally. For the time being though, I'm just working on Hero's storyboards. Once chapter 1 gets the 'ok' from the editors I'll let you see it. Don't want you to have to reread the thing every time I change it lol. And trust me, it has seen a LOT of changes recently.
    As for Sanctuary, the storyboards for chapter 1 are mostly done, and the rest follows the old plot. I took out the whole recap thing, and added some new content you just might like, though it'll be a bit before things pick up again.
    Also I DO have spellcheck, it just fails me at times. Anyway I'll keep you up to date on how things are going over at my twitter per usual.
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:31 am

Whoa! The forum got a buff lol. Anyway, the chapter is nearing completion. It got a new beginning, but the rest will follow a similar path to the original. The dialogue will see some changes, per usual, and though it took nearly a year or so you'll finally get to see chapter 2 after it lol. From there on, its all gonna be new content.

[spoiler="First Harmony part 1"]
    “The words of my friends in the past and present, and the faith they put in me will be my strength through this journey. I’m not the most capable, but I’ll do what it takes to bring them victory.” (TJ)

“That asshole…” She muttered. A girl with long snow white hair, adorned in a beautiful white outfit with golden seams stood before him. “You think he’s done and then he pulls some shit like this.” She turned to her companion and her shining sapphire eyes glared at him. “TJ, you’re gonna enter the hibernating state. I’ll find a way around this.” Behind her a mass of dark energy swirled and gathered, seemingly enveloping the surrounding area as it grew.

Her partner TJ frowned. “You want me to protect myself and let you face off with him alone? Absurd.” He replied.

“Just do it.” She turned back to it and cracked her knuckles. “Even if you don’t do anything I can handle him. This is why I’m here; this is my big moment. I’m gonna murder this bastard and avenge everyone who was killed in his name!”

He sighed. “It is just as Vanir had said. A Cerebian can defeat an Agasura, but they cannot kill them. Only another Agasura could.” A hand beneath a sleeve matching the outfit his companion wore reached out to her back, and the hand suddenly began to change shape, becoming a larger violet claw with red protruding veins. “This is not what fate had dictated for you.” He chuckled.

“What are you tal-” She groaned as she slightly lost her balance and a small trickle of blood ran down her face from the inside of her mouth. He had plunged his hand inside of her, and despite the fact she grinned. “You bastard…you dirty, dirty bastard.” She laughed weakly. “End of the line and you stab me in the back…gotta h-hand it to ya’. You g-got me r-real good.” The white from her hair changed to blonde as the colour from her face drained. Her eyes dimmed and her body began to lose its balance.

He pulled his hand out from her back and with it came a small white sphere surrounded by a blue flame. “It is not your time. I still have plans for you.” He released the sphere and it shot down the corridor to the exit, as her body collapsed to the floor and slowly began to disappear from the head to the feet, like sand blowing in the wind. He grinned wolfishly. “Now then, shall we proceed? Father?”

TJ woke to a horrible ringing noise within his mind and he immediately sat up in his bed, gripping his left eye as he took long deep breaths. The sound he had heard was nothing new to him, nor was the searing pain in his eye. The ‘Sound of Frequency’ and the loss of sight he had suffered from a certain dream were painful reminders of who he was, but they did not provide any answers to the reason behind their occurrences. He took a quick couple of glimpses around his surrounding area and had deemed himself to be in a hospital room. Next to him was a small bedside table, his corala guitar resting against it, the locket hanging from it and a series of items resting upon the table itself; a familiar scene. He reached out to a small mirror sitting on the table and grabbed hold of it, holding it to his face as he looked at his reflection.

His blank expression stared back at him in the mirror through worn out, heterochromatic eyes; one chestnut and the other golden, the latter featuring a familiar unusual seal upon the iris. Despite his dark skin tone, he could tell he looked rather pale, and the amount of sweat he had produced from his nightmare only made him more uneasy. He gently patted his chest, and the familiar sensation of touching the massive gem embedded in it made him feel slightly more secure. His vision soon returned to him as the pain in his eye subsided, as did the effect, in turn returning to match the colour of his right eye.

He took a deep breath. How long had he been unconscious? What had changed in the span of his fall at Kimara Research Laboratory and his awakening in the present? He set down the mirror and looked to the other side of his bed, finding the IV drip connected to his arm. He considered the possibility of taking it out himself, but he was unsure of what kind of impact it would have if he did, so he refrained from it for the time being. Despite everything seemingly being in order, regardless of his physical weaknesses, he still remained restless. The reason being, his companion was nowhere to be seen or heard. He could not even feel her presence in the gem within him, the place where she once resided. The possibility that what happened in the dream was connected to her disappearance worried him greatly.

TJ had to take action; he knew that sulking would do him no good. He opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. He took a deep breath and tried once more, but only a barely audible squeak emerged from him. Mustering even more energy into his third attempt he managed to release a faint, timid voice that called out for his companion, “Su? Su…where are…you?” He felt slightly more confident in himself from his success, but the celebration was short lived as he received no response. He considered the possibility that she was somewhere else inside the hospital. The two had never actually separated, so the occurrence was also new to him, and he began to understand that her presence meant more to him than he could have imagined.

He turned towards the left side of his bed and placed his feet on the ground, preparing himself mentally and physically to go and search for her. As he rose to his feet, the world surrounding him seemed to distort and he collapsed to the ground. He lifted himself to his knees and attempted to stand again, his legs vigorously shaking as he did nearly throwing him off balance again. He grabbed hold of the IV pole and proved successful in remaining on his feet. Taking small steps he exited his room and walked down the corridor quietly calling out to his missing companion.

After a brief period he began to lose strength in his body and he collapsed to the floor a second time. Someone turned a nearby corner and gasped as they caught a glimpse of him incapacitated.

“TJ?!” The voice belonged to his guild mate Kooh. She wore a sky blue t-shirt that was tied at the chest with matching bell bottom pants and slip-on shoes just as he had remembered. “This is no place to sleep you know.” She helped him to his feet. “What’re you doing all the way out here anyway?”

Su…I need to find Su…” He quietly responded.

“Su? She’s not miss-oh!” She nodded sagely as she walked him back to his room. “The reason you can’t hear here or sense her presence is because your mana is sealed right now.” He looked at her with a puzzled expression. “The little princess temporarily did it so you didn’t lose control of yourself while you were out cold. Everyone is at their most vulnerable when they’re unconscious, especially to ‘possession’ magic. The Agasura within you would have tried to use the opportunity to take over your body.” She paused for a moment. “Hang on a sec’, that’s not right. Peorth removed the seals yesterday, but because it was sealed for such a long period the flow of it was weakened, and your body tricked itself into believing that it’s still sealed. Which is why I’m here!” He seemed slightly disappointed after her explanation. “Why the long face?”

She came…I missed her…

Kooh placed her hands to her cheeks as her face flushed. “I love you two! You’re both adorable!” The two entered his room and she helped him to his bed. “You’ll see her again soon TJ, so until then, work hard to get yourself back in shape. I’m here today to help you with just that! We’ll be doing some meditation exercises to get your mana flowing, and in no time you’ll be back in full fighting force. Gimme a minute, I’m gonna go grab you a wheelchair.” With that said she turned to the door and disappeared.

She soon returned and hauled him into the chair without any warning. He looked alarmed and puzzled as she wheeled him out of the room towards an elevator that took them to the top floor. They passed by a couple of nurses and a doctor that all greeted the two as they passed, each of them bowing as they did.

Everyone…so respectful…” TJ said.

“Believe it or not, all those doctors and nurses we just met are Cerebians.” Kooh smiled. “Most of the Cerebians across Jienda had heard of our venture to Kimara and have been cheering us on since. Everyone is coming to recognize you as the Abellan, and they’re actively joining in the fight against the Agasura. It’s absolutely wonderful.”

He smiled meekly. “No pressure…huh?

She laughed. “All eyes are on you kiddo.”

Kooh stopped the wheelchair before a flight of stairs that led to the room and helped him up, the two eventually arriving at the top and emerging at the rooftop.

“You might wanna wear this,” She said handing him a coat, “it’s still pretty chilly out.” She rolled out a small mat and the two took a seat, sitting parallel to each other. “How are you feeling TJ? Is it too cold? Will you be alright?”

He nodded. “I…I’m ready.

“That’s the spirit.” She placed her hands together and closed her eyes. “You’ve done these exercises with Su right? It’s the same thing. Just relax…let your thoughts and worries go away and your mind be free.”

He followed as she had told him and little by little the various thoughts in his mind seemed to fade away along with the sound of the breeze passing by the two. Shortly after he began to feel much less aware of himself and more of his presence alone; it was small, but it certainly was there, and he could tell that it was not the capacity of it.

“Remember that we’re one with the world around us. Mana is a part of us and everything else; it’s what binds us to the elements, to nature and to every living thing in our world. Take it in, let it out, become one with it.”

He took slow deep breaths. With every breath the knotted feeling in his chest slowly began to give way and he could feel energy trickling throughout his body from the original source.

“You’re a quick learner.  I know you haven’t forgotten the basics of casting magic so I won’t drill you on it. If you plan on practicing though, be sure to do it where nobody is, so they don’t get hurt and so you don’t reveal yourself.” She grinned. “You’re a Cerebian celebrity now.”

He nodded with a flushed face. “Okay.”

She carefully examined him for a couple of moments and nodded. “Your mana seems to be flowing a bit more naturally now. Good! Let’s skip the small stuff and take a step up.” She held her hand out and a trio of icy targets arose from the ground at the far end of the rooftop. TJ tilted his head with a puzzled expression as she nodded proudly. “Not bad at all. Alright TJ, see those targets over there?” He nodded. “Target practice! Hit ‘em with arrows of light if you can.”

He nodded once more and turned to the targets. He held out both his hands and three spheres of light appeared around him, each acting rather abnormal. The three seemed to be out of shape and fizzling slightly, and shortly after burst and dispersed alarming the caster. He fell to the ground looking rather surprised.

“You alright? Guess I should have expected something like that to happen after you just got back into it.” She helped him to his feet and he thanked her. “Let’s try starting with one at a time. The Divine Arts is a big enough step in itself.” She smiled wryly. “I considered starting out with the normal Wizard skills, but I don’t think you can hit something that far with bubble bubble.”

He prepared another spell, this time only a singular arrow while Kooh shouted ‘You can do it TJ!’ With all the force he could muster he fired it, and after travelling a few feet it fizzled out. He began to look rather dejected and Kooh gave him a pat on the back. “This…needs practice.” He said.

Later that day TJ was doubled over, sweating profusely and heaving as Kooh laughed lightly.

“It’s a work in progress, but you’ll get there.” The guild badge pinned to her pants lit up and she shifted her gaze to it. “Hang on a sec’ TJ.” She turned away and tapped it twice. “Gotta run TJ, apparently Axle got held prisoner by the warrior bees over by the Longest Tree. You better practice up while I’m away! If you’re not out of here by the next time I’m free we’ll have another practice session, so I’ll be expecting you to put in the work mister!” He smiled and nodded meekly as she spread her wings and prepared to take off. “Kooh, away!” She took off and shot off out of Elias towards the fields. He solemnly watched her fly off as he thought of how she may have forgotten that their identity was to be kept secret.

A few days later TJ was sitting outside of the hospital, basking in the sunlight and warm weather when he caught a glimpse of another of his companions exiting it. Wearing his usual black coat and matching gloves and shoes, and the plated headband around his head he turned to his guild mate upon hearing his call.

“Axle? Is that you?” He asked.

Axle ran over to him and slowed down as he approached. “TJ! It’s been a while bud! How you been? You sound better already too.” Axle replied.

After he neared TJ could see the various bandages across his body. “That looks like it hurts…what happened?”

Axle chuckled. “This is what happens when you get stung by humanoid bees. As if their stingers weren’t enough, they were sure to stab me a few times with their spears. Though I was hospitalized for a few days I’m in top shape now.” He scratched his cheek. “On that note, the big boss asked me to help you get back into shape too, but since I had to be hospitalized for a while I didn’t.” He shrugged. “I’m here now, so how about you and I get to training you?”

TJ nodded. “Sure. Is it more magic practice or meditation?”

“Magic? Pfft heck no! You and I are gonna do some good ol’ regular exercise.” He reached into his pocket and drew a small piece of folded paper. He began to unfold it and spread it out across the bench TJ sat on, and then pointed to a spot on the map. “Check this out; I made a map of the whole hospital and then I made a route for the run we would do after I got released. So we’re right here. First we’d run around here to the back, then through the gardens and then around this wing, to the next wing over here, then we’d circle around to the front for a second lap. It’s gonna feel great to get out there and stretch these old bones again.”

His companion laughed uneasily. “H-hey…doesn’t this seem like a bit…much? It might be enough for a blader like you, but I’m just a bard! My stamina isn’t that good!”

Axle slapped him a couple times on the back and laughed heartily. “TJ, if you’re looking to get in my good books you’re on the right track! Now suit up soldier! The Agasuras don’t wait for slowpokes!”

The two began their run, Axle leading while TJ followed in his wake. As they ran TJ could not help but notice that his friend did not have his blades on him as he usually would; though they let him bring his guitar into the hospital, things were not likely as acceptable for sharp weapons. Despite the fact, it did not seem to bother Axle in the slightest, while he felt a great deal more vulnerable without his weapon on his back.

“You holding up alright back there? Your ribs aren’t gonna snap on us now right?” Axle asked glancing back at him.

He held his ribs and cringed slightly as he remembered Choen Palm stabbing him with a crossbow bolt. “Yeah…I’m alright. After being hospitalized for so long I think my body should be functioning pretty normally.”

“Good. I heard what had happened from the Chief. Saw the aftermath too.” He shuddered. “I didn’t even think it was possible for someone’s body to twist like that. Let alone for bones to stick out thro-”

“A-Axle! No more! Thanks…”

He chuckled. “Sorry. It’s just one of those things that once you see it you can’t un-see it. Hard to forget, but let’s leave that there. You’ve been out cold for a while so you probably don’t know what you missed out on. Got any questions?”

TJ thought about it for a couple seconds as the two continued their run. “Well…I do, but it’s just general stuff. What kind of things happened while I was unconscious?”

“Let’s see…the boss has been pretty busy making preparations for the war…”

“War?!”

Axle gestured for him to calm down. “Not that kind of war. Well, it technically is that kind of war but it’s not gonna be happening any time soon. Before the Cerebians can put a stop to the Agasura there’s a ton of things we have to do. Lately we’ve only been recruiting more people for the cause and trying to get the attention of any Cerebians across Jienda to the matter. We also started looking into getting to the God’s Governor’s shrines. So far we’ve opened the path to one of them, so there’s three others we have to find, and then we just have to get the other God’s Governors.”

“We already have two of the God’s Governors? Who’s the second?” He asked curiously.

“You don’t know who it is?” Axle laughed and TJ frowned. “Sorry bud but I ain’t telling. Anyway enough of that. Big Boss said we can’t really do anything until you wake up. Now that you’re back the real fun is gonna start. Apparently there’s been some new Agasuras cropping up across the continent, and the boss was all like, ‘defeating the Seven Sinners will be paramount to our progress towards besting the Agasura’ or something like that.” He said it in a monotone attempting to imitate Peorth.

He chuckled. “That impression was awful! But she would say something like that, wouldn’t she?” He attempted to regulate his breathing so he could talk while he ran. “Axle, are you scared of the Agasuras at all? I mean…I am. Fighting Choen Palm was one of the hardest things for me. I tried really hard to be strong for everyone cause they were counting on me, but knowing I have to face her again worries me.”

Axle snorted. “You don’t plan on throwing in the towel now do you?” TJ shook his head. “If you ever feel afraid then put your confidence in me. I’ll carry all of Yggdrasil to victory on my broad back!” His partner snickered. “By the time we cross swords with Choen Palm I’ll be so strong she’ll be quivering in her boots. I tell ya’, just gotta give her two in the kisser and she’ll be down for the count, you know?”

He began to laugh. “You’re certainly a force to be reckoned with. Do you wanna take my place?”

The trainer shook his head in response. “The last thing I need is to have that gem stuck in my chest! Besides, magic just isn’t my strong suit. I’ll stick to my dual blades thanks.”

“We’re all good at something right? I’m glad that Yggdrasil is so diverse.”

“You said it bud, but just ‘cause we’re a huge guild doesn’t mean you get to slack off when training! Now lemme’ see you kick it into high gear!”

Axle sped up and TJ trailed behind, heaving as he tried to match his trainer’s pace.

At the end of the run TJ was lying face down against the bench while Axle exited the hospital carrying two cups.

“Here you go. You really worked up a sweat so it’s time to get some water back in your body.” Axle said handing his companion a cup and receiving his thanks in turn. “It’s alright to have your fears TJ, and you can show ‘em too. We’re not all as strong as we might seem. But just like you, we know there are people that look up to us and get courage from seeing us being totally badass, so we do whatever we have to to uphold that image. I know as well as everyone else that you’re a badass in the making; just need to tap into your inner awesomeness and work on your spells some more. You’ll get there someday, trust me on this one. Until you get there we’re gonna be with you every step of the way.” He scratched the back of his neck. “I dunno the finer details when it comes to regaining your memories and the spells you lost with them, but if there’s someone or something that needs an ass kicking, you can count on me to get the job done.”

TJ beamed. “Thanks a lot Axle. Especially for coming to help me get stronger. I’ll work extra hard to show you how strong I can become.”

Axle grinned in turn. “That’s what I like to hear. When you can beat me I’ll deem you an official badass. Better work your ass off and make me proud.”

“You bet.”

On TJ’s last day in the hospital he caught a glimpse of a small note written in beautiful handwriting with a coupon attached. He grabbed it from his bed and read it. It said:

Dear TJ:

Your hair is a very important part of your body. I understand that it would be difficult to maintain while unconscious for nearly three months so I took the liberty of doing so. I hope you do not mind. Your hair has grown a fair bit over the past few months so I strongly recommend a haircut. In battles, hair can be both fashionable and functional. I have attached a hair coupon to this note so feel free to go see the hairdresser. I shall be located in the guild room as usual.

PS: If you do not wish to be considered the king of the jungle, I would recommend that you tame your mane first.

Love, Peorth

His face flushed as he placed the paper down. The realization that Peorth had been handling his hair care during his stay in the hospital completely caught him off guard and left him confused. Though he had felt that way initially, he held the note to his chest and smiled. The kindness of the members of Yggdrasil was something he held dearly, and would not forget so soon.

“She certainly wasn’t kidding…my hair has grown out a bit. Seeing her make a pun that bad is a first, but I’m glad she’s lightening up a bit even in times like these…though it’s at my hair’s expense.” He said under his breath.

With hair like yours people will start to realize how feminine you really are.” A familiar mocking tone said from within his crystal.

He looked alarmed, then absolutely enthused. “Su? Is it you! Like the real deal?”

Duh. Who the hell else lives inside of that goddamn rock of yours?” Su remarked.

Tears began to form in his eyes and he quickly wiped them away with his fingers. “Thank goodness! I didn’t know what I’d do if you were gone for good…”

The emerald crystal embedded within TJ’s chest emanated a bright light and from it she emerged. A girl close to his height turned to him and brushed the blonde strands from her face revealing her bright emerald eyes. She had two golden hoops on each ear and a bandage on her right cheek. She was clad in a crimson t-shirt and black jeans, with a black newsboy cap; she also wore silver sneakers. As she stretched he noticed an unusual looking book hanging from her waist, which he deduced to be a sorcerer’s book. Just like him, it had seen her hair had grown exponentially over the span of the time he was unconscious.

She sighed and wiped the remnants of his tears away with a handkerchief. “You’re such a baby! ‘S not like crying is gonna kill that bitch. If you plan on beating her you’re gonna need to man up already.”

He laughed quietly. “Someday I’ll be stronger, but until then gimme some time to grow up a little more. I’m not ready to carry the fate of the world on my shoulders just yet, but I’ll get there.”

She frowned. “Your optimism makes me gag.”

He laughed again. “Hey…Su…”

“What?”

“What happened at Kimara…when you stopped me from sealing away Choen Palm. You said something before I fell unconscious but I didn’t really catch all of it. Can you explain what you were saying and what it meant?”

Her expression turned hard as she solemnly stared into his eyes. “I…”

He broke away from her gaze and shot a glance to the door as he whispered, “Someone’s coming! Hide, quickly!” She immediately returned to his crystal as Kooh and one of the nurses entered the room.

“TJ, I’m here to pick you up! You all ready to go?” Kooh said cheerfully.

“J-just about.” He replied grabbing his things. She handed him a set of clothes and explained it was just like his old pair, just not bloody and torn from the battle with Choen Palm; as for his armour, he’d need to see Peorth to receive it. “Thanks for this.” After he got changed he checked out and the two returned to the Elias’ market. He decided to set his questions about the Kimara Research incident aside for the time being. “I’m gonna head over to the salon to get a haircut Kooh. I don’t wanna meet the guild looking like this.”

His companion seemed slightly disappointed by his decision. “Really? That’s too bad. I think it looks cute on you. You’re like a life-sized doll.”

His face flushed and he averted his gaze. “That’s not what I want people to think of me! I’d sooner make the Agasuras laugh then I would strike any fear into them like this!”

She laughed. “You raise a good point TJ. I’ll go on ahead then. See you soon!” She waved as she walked towards the castle courtyard, and TJ headed further down the street. His crystal began to glow and he took refuge in a nearby alleyway allowing his companion to exit from the crystal once more.

She stumbled slightly and placed her hand against the wall as she doubled over. “Ugh…I really shouldn’t do that so much in such a short time. It’s been way too long.”

He gave her a puzzled look. “To come out so suddenly…did something happen?”

She glared at him. “Obviously not. If I wanted to sit inside of that crystal all the damn time I would have stayed in it. Not like I wanna see your stupid face either, but we’ve all gotta make sacrifices.” She walked past him. “I was thinking of getting a trim anyway.”

He smiled. “Ah…I see.”

The two entered the hair salon and TJ inspected it like a child in a candy store.

“I haven’t seen this much pink since…you.” Su remarked.

“Sh-shut it!” He retorted and followed with a grimace. “It’s n-not like I wanted all this pink! Marin did this...”

The hairstylist seemed to be gazing at the two with a mix of surprise and pure excitement, which quickly turned to pure joy as she rushed over to the two and hugged them shouting, “Customers! Boy am I glad to see you girls!” She brought them over to a chair as TJ sighed. “My name’s Bonnie and I’ll be giving you two some really cute styles today! So which of you will be first?” The hairstylist was a young girl that seemed to be no older than him. She was short with long blonde hair tied in two circle braids on each side of her head. She wore a white blouse that was also a polka dot green tank top. She also wore a pink skirt with a heart pattern, a pair of rainbow stockings and red slip-ons.

“Go ahead TJ. I don’t care.” Su said nonchalantly with a shrug.

The black cat ears on her head perked up along with a matching tail as Su gestured for TJ to go first and Bonnie hurried him into the seat, excitedly handing him a catalogue afterwards. As he flipped through the various styles available his facial expressions matched them depending on how unusual they were in his opinion, especially those in the ‘expert’ list.

“There’s so many I really can’t decide.” He chuckled. “Su are you sure you don’t wanna go first? I’m not too sure what I want yet.”

She frowned. “I’m not changing my mind. If you can’t decide, let the hairdresser do it idiot.”

He shifted his gaze to stylist reluctantly who was sizing up his hair and she smiled. “You don’t mind if I ask that of you do you Bonnie?”

“I know just the hairstyle for you missy!” He handed her the coupon he had received and she smiled approvingly.

“I’m not a girl.” He muttered.

She was surprised by his response. “Really?!” He nodded. “So you’re just a really cute guy?”

“What?! No…I mean…it’s not…what am I supposed to say to that?”

She laughed as she took a pair of scissors and began to cut his hair. “You know, I have some guy friends that would eat you up! You’re just their type.” He stole a puzzled glance to Su with hopes she’d explain Bonnie’s comment, but she only smiled impishly in turn. “If you’re on the market then I’d be glad to get you together with one of them.”

He knit his eyebrows. “Well I’m not exactly for sale. Is it normal to sell people?!”

Bonnie laughed. “You have quite the sense of humour TJ, and quite the unusual taste in hair too. A guy who isn’t afraid to experiment with his look is a great guy in my books.”

“Thanks.”

“So what does TJ stand for anyway, if you don’t mind me asking? A lot of my customers have their initials as nicknames because they’re not fond of their names, but they’re usually really nice.”

He knit his eyebrows once more. “I know as much as you do. Whoever gave me this name must have had a pretty good reason to do it. I’m thankful I have one at all, so I’m not really one to complain.” He chuckled.

Bonnie stopped in the midst of straightening his hair with a mystified gaze. “So you never knew your parents? I’ve seen a lot of adventurers who have been through that too, but don’t feel down about it.” He stared blankly as she spoke. “Knowing that only made them stronger, and they went off to do all sorts of great things. I think adventurers can take a page from your book too.”

“You think so?” Though unsure of exactly what the stylist spoke of he felt that he somewhat understood what her point was.

“Totally! A lot of my customers are girls, and the few boys that come in here all take the same styles. Sometimes you just have to take a plunge to be fun and different from the norm. It’d be nice if some boys would just take some time off to have a spa day or get their hair done or something. It’s not like al adventurers have to be rough and rugged twenty four-seven.” Bonnie beamed. “I like you TJ. You’re a boy who isn’t afraid to get in touch with his feminine side. It’s not like you can’t be an adventurer and look good while you do it!”

“Trying to maintain an image and be an adventurer at the same time sounds really hard…at the end of most of my battles I wind up with torn clothes and cuts and all sorts of other…messy things.” He replied.

She frowned slightly. “Imagine what a girl has to go through then.” She shrugged. “To each his own I guess. Some boys prefer working out and turning into beefcakes while others like to look good. Feels different for everyone huh?”

He seemed to be reflecting on the matter. “Is there an in between? Like being strong and looking good!” He gestured it was not what he meant. “I mean…well, the reason I’m getting my hair cut is because it’s too long! It’ll just get in the way when I fight. Though being strong isn’t really…my strong point.” He gripped his arm. “If I was strong on the outside I’d be…well, strong. But if I wasn’t strong on the inside then people wouldn’t be able to count on me.” He furrowed his eyebrows as he found himself at a loss for the point he was attempting to get across. “I don’t want everyone to see me just as I am on the outside. Sometimes I need to rely on someone else to get through the tough times.” He stole a glance at Su who immediately shifted her gaze away from the two upon noticing this, but he still caught a glimpse of the tiny smile on her face. “Those that can do that are the people I really like.”

Bonnie beamed. “You’re a really honest person you know? This hairstyle definitely suits you the best. Here, have a look!” Bonnie held the mirror to his face revealing his new hairstyle; the long pink strands of hair now cut much shorter only reaching his upper back, greased and tied back in a thin ponytail.

He looked into the mirror with his mouth agape. The look in his eyes was lifeless and his tone of voice lacked any sort of emotion as he said, “Thank you Bonnie. I shall take my leave now.” He arose from the chair and lifelessly exited the shop.

“Bye!” Bonnie shouted and waved as he left.

“I think he likes it.” Su said crossing her arms with a nod.

“Me too.” The stylist said with a grin.

Shortly after TJ’s departure Su exited the hair salon and found him leaning against the shop’s wall looking dejected.

He turned to her with his lifeless expression and said, “Looks good.”

Su now had her hair cut shorter too, but still much longer than TJ’s. She had it in a single long braid. After he finished speaking she glowered at him and replied, “You know, if I didn’t know how much of an idiot you were already I would have punched you in the face. Twice.” She sighed. “Anyway let’s get going. We’ve kept the boss waiting long enough as it is.”

She began to walk towards Elias Castle’s Courtyard and he reluctantly followed in her wake.

“I don’t want the Chief to see me like this. I look ridiculous. Even more ridiculous than I did with that ‘shaggy prince cut’ Marin gave me.” He muttered.

“What are you complaining about? You always look ridiculous.”

“I know that’s not a compliment but I’ll take it as one. I can’t keep the Chief waiting any longer because of a haircut.” He sighed. “I’m hoping for the best here.”
    [/spoiler]
    Suuba
    Suuba

Post  Suuba Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:12 pm

You dumbass you posted the storry twice >_>
    anyway SO MUCH DIFFERENT SHIT OMFGJBAKHB, reaction to that small first paragraph bs:
    [solved]Sanctuary - Page 8 Long-neck-reaction-meme
    The story's still great, the changes are actually better then that rough draft. subs got a new, but pretty cool, outfit.
    BUT BUT you took out that one guy! >:[ the one that was in place of Bonnie in the rough draft, and I know he's not appart of the game but shit I like  him better. Sassy gay hairstylist hurhurhur
    Overall, 'm happy with this despite you took him out >_>
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:28 am

OH you mean Andrew? I spent so much time worrying about him whether any homosexual readers might be offended by his presence or not lol. I REALLY want to be able to write a good flamboyant character, but at the same time I'm afraid I'm not ready lol. All in all though, I might return there later on and bring him back, renaming him to Clyde. If you remember from the game, she does mention someone named Clyde so he'd probably be the second hairstylist.
    Anyway, I'm glad you liked the outfit. I spent days thinking like, 'is it good? is it bad? need an opinion' so that's a big relief for me. I'm thinking that I might change the part where TJ refers to the last boss as 'father' to his actual name. Don't wanna spoil too much, though I already did for you. My mistake! Then again, in a sense its rather misleading. The rest I won't likely change when I edit it, 'cause I'm pretty satisfied with the end result lol. Little bit later I'll edit the chapter and post the finished product over at FF. The rest of it just continues from where the original did with some slight variations, better overall though.
    Gonna have to dig up my old notebook for chapter 2, but after this I'll put it on hold for a little bit while I work on chapter 1 of Project H/H.

That aside, Project H/H news! Talked with one of the editors about chapter 1 and he gave me some great ideas, so the flow of the story will take a different turn on this run through. The scenes between Kana and Talin will likely be moved into the awakening(The Seeker) and there'll be others for the other four main characters, those chapters serving as backstories and side stories, while the main chapters are where the meat of the story is. It won't really take place in the Earth realm (to my dismay, but its for the best) but I won't shut out the idea entirely. The prologue's complete, so the next time I come by I'll make a forum thread for posting that junk there, so I don't get it mixed up with Sanctuary. If all goes well, this will be the last time I need to write chapter 1, and I'm feeling confident with this one.
    With that said, until next time!
    Suuba
    Suuba

Post  Suuba Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:00 am

Yeah that motherfucker, though I dont remeber bonnie  talking about Clyde. then again I  never hung around that beauty shop bs. Since when  has sht not been spolers for me lmfao? i'm pretty sure that damn  notebook of yours is a fucking zomby. just saying lmfao

lmfao awesome more meaty ass stories xD cant wait for that shit
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:55 pm

Yeah nothing keeps you back from finding out more lol. Curiosity that knows no bounds. As for Clyde, Bonnie only mentions him in one of her little dialogue bubbles, so he isn't really a person in the game, which means I can make him as flamboyant as I like lol. That notebook is still in pretty good condition though, despite rising from notebook hell. I'm hoping the new characters transition in well.
    There wa some other stuff I wanted to say but I forgot, so I'm gonna move on to another forum and post Hero stuff. Before I DO forget though, sorry I didn't post the story yesterday. Had some junk to do and I was way too tired to finish editing earlier on. But its done and posted now, if you haven't seen it yet.
    Suuba
    Suuba

Post  Suuba Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:01 am

like i said I dont hang around there, though  I was there recently never saw the damn bubble bs.
    uh okay? its fine? I dont see why the fuck your sorry o-o seriously
    anyway I saw the update on ff, and holy shit. Lots of fucking changes. like fuck. lmfao I feel theres a hidden shipping pair(not tjand peorth >>) in there somewhere, dont ask me why cuz i dont fucking know
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:59 pm

That's just me. I have a fascination with the strangest things sometimes. Though I really wanted to understand the game and its characters to write a really great fanfic. You'd be surprised at the lengths I went to for every detail lol. That's probably why the updates take so long.
    There'll be other pairings for sure, at least, I'd like to try for a couple more lol. I feel slightly guilty for pairing up people from the guild instead of characters from the game, but we all know fanfics are all about the shipping and most people wouldn't likely care much for the NPCs. Though there are certainly pairs in the works, so if you've already got an idea you'll likely catch on to the rest quickly lol. Good luck finding them!
    I'll probably be starting on the story itself soon, since the storyboards are done now. Its been coming along nicely so far.
    Suuba
    Suuba

Post  Suuba Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:34 pm

yeah I'll probably find all that shit, I already have a good idea from that chapter lmfao
    hurry the fuck up with that shit
    well a majority of ffics =
    [solved]Sanctuary - Page 8 Tumblr_m5h32oA5if1qg9f9k
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:18 pm

I'm finally about halfway or so so I'll post what I've got so far. As usual, you could probably expect a few changes in the finished product, but so far I'm pretty satisfied.

One more try:

Aha! The spoiler button is fixed. Now I won't have to take up half a page with text lol
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:21 pm

Worked on a ton today, wanted to try working my way into the new style of a little less dialogue and a bit more whatever you'd call this and HOLY BALLS the feels I got when writing this. I can't even...you need to see it for yourself.

THE FEELS:
    Suuba
    Suuba

Post  Suuba Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:46 am

nononononononononono noooooooooo how dare you fuck with my feels asshole I mean it was great yeah, but fuck you
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:40 am

The chapters done, the end still needs a few corrections and the rest need to be edited too, but it should be done sometime today. If I don't procrastinate. If I do finish it I'll tweet about it. Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks the chapter has impact though. If its well received I'll continue on that track and expand on the new style, hopefully improving it overall and I'll take what I learned to Project H/H and Innocent.
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:50 pm

Hey, it's been a while huh? Truth be told lately I haven't gotten much writing done so I've taken up a small project to get back into the swing of things, for like the 4th time. These ones only take 30 mins to a half hour, thankfully so it's pretty good practice and not too time consuming. They're pretty much letters that chronicle the thoughts of the main cast in the most recent chapters. They're not canon of course, or maybe they could be, but things that would remain known only to the sender. Right now I only have TJ's, but after a few of these I might switch to another character and do the same.

TJ-Chapters 1-2:

As for me, so much has been going on it's been a bit rough getting back on track. I'm still trying to figure things out, to learn to communicate in that other style and I guess...to kinda catch up on all those years I missed. Or rather, let pass me by. I don't know how I managed that but it's definitely a slow and painful process, full of mistakes. In truth I'm worried about the people who get caught up in it in the process, so I'm doing as much as I can to speed things up. I haven't quite gotten the hang of it though. Gotta keep a positive attitude though, right? I'll keep looking forward.

I hope you're doing alright too. I can only imagine what you might be going through but you know, whatever happens, and no matter how hard it gets, hang in there. The sun always rises, and if there are dark clouds they'll pass. In spite of everything, just keep giving your best in your classes cause after all, school's important. It can be frustrating and tedious at times but the hard work you give will go far. But of course, finding time to do what you love is very important too! I know you'll do amazing things. Keep practicing, and take pride in yourself regardless of what anyone might say or think. In the end, the most important critic is yourself, and if you feel you're not good enough for your own standards, always know that there's no limit to greatness. Aim high, and once you accomplish your goals aim even higher. You'll be astonished at what you can accomplish with the right attitude.
    I should be taking my advice also. I wanna finish Innocent and get back to the other projects. Sanc can wait, though the storyboards are written. I have to draft the storyboards for Innocent cause I deleted them and my documents like an idiot, so I'll have to get the story from here and write from where I left off. Go me! Anyway, if there's anything you feel like sharing or whatever, you can do it here anytime. As I always say, I can't do much right, but I can always lend an ear.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:04 pm