Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
MoranZee
Suuba
Toejam
7 posters

Frequency

Toejam
    Toejam

Frequency - Page 18 Empty Re: Frequency

Post  Toejam Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:13 am

I was actually thinking of mentioning it, but oh o.o! I just realized something. A little while ago I looked up a bit of norse mythology on wikipedia for ideas for the story, and I remember it mentioning something about a creature eating midgard from the inside or something. If that's what Behemoth is, it'd actually make a really good plot point. I think I'll make use of that later ^^. Anyway gonna continue from where I left off the day before yesterday, and hopefully add some more so I'll be back on track.
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:55 am

At that moment, TJ’s eyes grew wide and he completely froze. Su walked out into the street where they couldn’t see her, pointed at them and whispered something again. In a matter of seconds, a mass of dark mana appeared before her, and as it took form TJ appeared with one massive demon arm and a look of blood lust in his eyes, baring his teeth and quickly dashing towards the two. As he quickly ran at them for the few seconds he was in the light, he was spotted by one of the two men facing him. Before the both of them could react, TJ had already approached the first from behind and shoved his claw deep into the man’s back. The second, horrified silently backed away and started to run, but was no match for TJ’s speed and was pinned to the ground while his neck was torn open by TJ’s fangs.

Su watched calmly for a period then looked backwards somewhat alarmed. She looked up at the building across the street and quickly dashed towards it while avoiding the light. She ran into an alleyway, and as quickly and quietly as she could leapt at the building, kicked off of it and did the same to the building on the other side giving her enough reach to grab on to a veranda with a stairwell to the roof. As Su slowly crept up the stairs TJ went on with his unusual ritual. Su soon approached the top and saw a figure that seemed to be trying to get a better look at what was going on in the streets while trying not to be noticed.

Su crept up behind the figure and drew a kunai, silently raising it while she crouched down so she’d be in arm’s reach of killing her target. A thin person in a solid black outfit covering her entire body, and something similar to Su’s covering her head. As she brought the kunai down on her target the area was filled with the sound of metal on concrete and her target quickly got to their feet looking at Su through a mask. Su glanced once at her enemy, reached into her pouch and threw down a smoke bomb. As the smoke began to fade Su had disappeared from sight and was already down in the streets with TJ. He approached her looking somewhat satisfied and soaked in blood, and she stared at him in turn. As she got closer to him, she whispered, “sorry TJ.” All of a sudden, she punched him as hard as she could in the stomach knocking him unconscious, and dragging him over to a bush. She tossed him behind it and glanced back at the building, then quickly ran over to some nearby and dashed up the stairs to another rooftop.

Su scanned the shadows and saw her target as they did her, and her target quickly dashed in the opposite direction. Leaping across building to building, Su following in tow but slowly closing the distance with her speed. I’m gonna have to get serious. This is no ordinary assassin or whatever, and they already saw too much. Su held out one hand and a wall of ice arose in front of her target as they were about to leap to another building and blocked their path. They glanced back then jumped on top of the wall giving Su enough time to get to that building and leap upwards towards them. They back-flipped over Su’s head and dashed westward leaping down into an alleyway and disappearing into the night. Su leapt down and muttered, “Don’t think you can escape a ninja so easily!” She muttered closing her eyes and placing one hand on the ground. Through the vibrations I’ll be able to easily locate their position...she had stayed in position for a few moments then opened her eyes. Gotcha. She thought quickly dashing in the opposite direction and running down the alleyway.

This isn’t fast enough...though it’s not quiet, it’ll give me the upper hand. Su thought. “Terrain Mastery! Ice!” She said as quietly as she could. She held one hand out and her feet were covered in an ice that did not seem to bother her in the slightest. As she started to run again, she started to slide her feet in a skating motion leaving a trail of ice behind her. She began to gain in speed and noise as she skated through the streets while trying to avoid the sight of people as she noisily skated by and occasionally through alleyways. She exited another alleyway and saw her target running down the street as Su quickly approached while forming an icicle to finish the job. As Su was just in range, she took a swing at her target but the attack was dodged and Su got a cut on her stomach.

Su placed her hand on her cut for a moment as she stopped and turned around. She held out one hand and the spell melted away from her feet. Su masked her voice as best as she could and said, “There’s nowhere left to run. If you try I’ll find you and kill you. Let’s settle this now.” She stated. Her target’s ruby red eyes gave off a daring look as a sly female voice answered, “If that’s what you wish...” Su armed herself with a kunai and within seconds her target was right in her face with a dagger in hand, thrusting it at Su’s chest. Su quickly parried the attack and returned the attack with a horizontal slice aimed at her enemy’s throat but was stopped also.

The two continuously engaged each other attacking from different angles but both blocking each other’s attacks in turn. The sound of metal on metal echoed through the streets as they continued to fight at an equal level. Neither seemed to be losing any stamina as they followed up attack after attack both mercilessly trying to kill the other. Su finally blocked an attack and shoved her opponent back with enough force using both hands. Her target smiled and said, “You’re pretty good. Let’s see if you can keep up with this.” She drew a second dagger and took on a battle stance as she dashed towards Su again. “Watch me.” Su said drawing a dagger of her own.

Su’s enemy took the preemptive strike leaping at Su aiming to hit her head with a kick and was stopped as Su raised one arm and quickly thrusted her kunai towards her leg. She placed her leg on Su’s right shoulder and leaned off of it for a moment to block the attack as she used her free hand to break the fall and quickly get on her feet in an attempt to trip Su. Su jumped over her legs and turned leaning back slightly in an attempt to catch her target with her blade before she could retaliate, but her attack also missed as her enemy dodged it without looking back. Su quickly followed up the attack with a constant barrage of swing and quick stabs which were all blocked by her enemy’s daggers though she did not even turn around or look where Su was attacking.

Su started to lose her patience and her swing became more violent, then she stopped. Her target turned around and Su took a swing at her which she avoided and quickly stabbed Su in turn, but the attack went right through her. “After-image technique.” She muttered quickly turning around and blocking an actual attack by Su. Su quickly pulled her arm back and leaned her entire body back, sidestepped, and took another swing from an unsuspecting angle of her target. The attack was blocked again but she had her target in a difficult position. “It’s time to get serious. I’m fighting to kill.” Su muttered to her enemy revealing a grin through her mask.

“Diamond Dust!” Su shouted holding one hand out. A pool of water surrounded her, and within seconds icicles sprang out from it. Her target leapt from where she stood to a safe range and readied herself once more. “Don’t think it’s over yet.” Su said as the icicles shattered into snow and surrounding Su as she disappeared along with them. “Stealth...” Her enemy muttered glancing around cautiously. Su appeared from behind bringing both her weapons down on her opponent and missing, then disappearing in a cloud of snow once more. Once more from above Su came down on her opponent swinging her weapons but not proving successful. She disappeared again but this time approached directly from in front spinning around and with both weapons aimed at vital points then taking rapid stabs. As she began to stealth again, icicles rose up from the ground and pinned her. “Did you really think I was so simple to outmatch?” The assassin said. She held out one hand and another icicle appeared behind Su, then quickly impaled her and stopped in place as it exited through the front of her chest.

Su froze for a moment then smiled as she said, “nice try, but you’ll have to do better than that.” Su’s body turned to leaves and fell upon the icicles as she appeared behind her target again quickly thrusting her dagger towards her. The assassin leapt forward, turned on her heels and thrusted towards Su’s neck from her left side but hit nothing as Su disappeared in the cloud of another smoke bomb.. Her target covered her mouth and glanced around looking for Su. Immediately four clones of Su appeared from all sides and attacked, and her enemy failed to figure out which was the real one, getting a small cut across her arm as three of them disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

“Looks like I’m going to have to ditch.” The female assassin said clasping her hands together and muttering a could-be incantation. “No you don’t!” Su shouted appearing behind her again thrusting her dagger into her enemy’s neck. Her hands fell limp and Su’s dagger began to slide through the body quickly pulling Su in. As Su entered the body she was trapped in a circular body of water levitating in mid-air. The assassin stood nearby in Su’s field of vision surrounded by a pool of water Su had left behind and continued her chanting, then finally said, “you put up a good fight. Maybe we’ll meet again.” She held out one hand and the water began to ripple and grow in size as it rose up and covered the street. The water crashed down on the trapped Su like a tidal wave and pushed her down the streets of Elias where no people were and eventually stopped soon after she fell unconscious from a lack of oxygen.

Su eventually woke up and coughed a couple times to get whatever water might have still been in her out. She shook her head and groaned, then glanced around to be sure nobody had seen her. The streets were completely empty; all that was their were some closed shops and Su herself lying in a pool of water. “She enchanted the area so normal people wouldn’t come around here. How sickeningly sweet.” Su said with a look of disgust on her face. She searched her pockets and pouches but couldn’t find any of her weapons or tools. “She jacked me! That bitch! When I find her I’ll...” Su stopped and placed her hands on her head. “She got away. How did I let her get away?” Su looked at her hands as they trembled even as she made a fist and violently punched the ground. “Nobody gets away...nobody survives when they fight me! But now somebody knows TJ’s secret!” Su pulled her mask off, gripping it tightly and tossed it into the water beneath her. “Damn it! I have to find her and finish her off, no matter what it takes!” She glanced up at the sky and saw the sun beginning to rise over the horizon. “Gotta get TJ back first though. Can’t afford to be caught by normal people too.
    Suuba
    Suuba

Post  Suuba Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:15 am

that stupid worm ate midgard? :c
    wtf
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:47 am

Made a mistake on that lol. It eats at the roots of Yggdrasil I think. Gonna look into that a little more later. Gonna post a bigger portion of the sotry to make up for what I missed lol. I'm gonna have to pick up the pace too. Time's running short. You'll have to make do without the italics for now. I always do things a bit last minute and I'm doing it again so I better run o.o". See you next time!

Last edited by TJ on Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:51 am

TJ picked himself up and rubbed his stomach then groaned. “I feel like throwing my guts up...” He unsteadily stood on his feet and clambered out of the tent into the Fight Arena. “The hell did I do yesterday? Let’s see...visited Verun...hung out with Su and Kooh...heard this weird sound-god my head hurts just thinking about it. Then I think I...passed out somewhere. Or something like that. Maybe I should ask Su about it later. She probably knows why. Gotta get this nasty taste outta my mouth too.” TJ continued to walk and decided he might have breakfast at Verun’s again, if he could stomach it. As he walked by the mailman, he was tapped on the shoulder as the mailman said, “mail for you” and spat the letter in his face again. “That’s really getting old.” TJ muttered opening his letter. It read:

Dear TJ:
    It seems there has been another murder recently, and I strongly believe the Agasuras are mobilizing a force and are doing these things to obtain our attention and focus, and to bring us out into the open so they can obtain our location. Though things are becoming much more dangerous, I can assure you that you will be safe, and I will do all in my power to ensure this. I will continue to investigate into these matters, and have the other members of Yggdrasil on their guard at all times, but I wish you to be cautious as the streets are not safe like they once were. As for our training, I would like you to meet me in the guild room in the early afternoon. Though time is short, I would like to make the best of the time we have. Once a fortnight has passed we shall depart for our journey.

“A fortnight? I don’t even know what that is...” TJ mumbled looking down at the letter. He thought for a few moments then folded the letter up and turned around towards the fight arena. “Think I’m gonna go sleep and then head for the guild room after. I could use a nap.” That was what he decided, and that was what he did. He arose from bed a few hours later as Curt and Robo were just getting up themselves. “Looks like you didn’t get the early bird today.” Curt said with a sleepy grin and terrible bed-hair. TJ snorted and retorted, “do you ever?” Curt looked alarmed for a moment then grinned and said, “Touche, my friend.”

As the two properly got dressed for the day Robo asked, “so what are you doing here anyway TJ? Shouldn’t you be training with the Guild Master?” TJ shook his head and looked up at the top of the tent thoughtfully as he answered, “the Chief has something she needs to do at the moment. But we’ll still be training today, some time in the afternoon. Is it the afternoon?” Curt checked his watch and shook his head. “We usually get up a little while before then. At least on weekdays.” The two laughed and TJ smiled. “But who cares about that? There’s three of us, there’s a deck of cards, and there’s tasty snacks. You know where I’m going with this?” TJ shook his head honestly. “I’m gonna teach you to play Cheat.” Curt said with a devilish grin.

Curt gave TJ a quick explanation of the game, then they dove right into it with a practice round. They began to play more and TJ gradually improved after being called out on a countless amount of times while trying to ‘cheat’. As the afternoon approached TJ had gained a good understanding of the game and was able to easily hide his cheating plays and his fair plays, while often catching Curt while he cheated. Eventually Su emerged from the crystal looking exhausted and sullen so TJ offered her a spot in the game. “We could use a fourth person. Why not join in the fun?” She looked at TJ in such a way that he could not tell if she was angry or if it was just the look on her face, but she decided to join in anyway by silently taking a seat. The four played and Su had stayed silent no matter how many times they tried to get her in the conversation.

Soon after Curt watched Su play a card and he grinned slyly, then said, “Cheat!” Her eyes grew wide as she immediately turned in his direction and leapt at him tightly squeezing his neck with her hands and a look of fury in her eyes. “Su! Su snap out of it! SU!” TJ shouted trying to pull her off. Eventually she let go and TJ topped backwards with her while Robo checked how Curt was. “Have you gone mad?!” Curt shouted rubbing his neck nervously. “I’m sorry...” She said looking as puzzled as the rest of them. “I...I just...I’m gonna get some air.” She stood up and exited the tent without a further word, and TJ quickly stuck his head out to shout, “Su! Wait!” Robo placed a hand on his shoulder and shook his head, then said, “give her some time to cool off dude. For her to be acting like that, she must be having a really hard time with something. It’s better we leave her to think things over some. TJ nodded but continued to watch her walk off towards the dark forest on the outskirts of Elias.

After sitting around for a while longer TJ had decided it is better that he met Peorth earlier than later, so he set out somewhat earlier than he had originally intended. He appeared in the guild room with Shabur and Peorth and noticed the two talking. “Good afternoon TJ.” Peorth said in her usual calm voice. “Good day Master TJ.” Shabur also greeted him. “Hi guys.” TJ answered waving too them slightly. “Hope I’m not interrupting.” Peorth shook her head and said, “not at all. It is a pleasure to see you as always. Are you ready to begin our session for today?” TJ nodded once as he answered, “ready anytime!”

Peorth casted the same enchantment on TJ as she had before and he began his practice. As he did he glanced at Peorth and asked, “Hey Chief, you know how mages use mana to cast spells and warriors use...well, whatever they use to use their abilities? If you’re a warrior type class, how are you able to cast enchantments like the one you just used on me?” Peorth crossed her arms and said, “actually, warrior types also use mana, but they do not use it the same way a mage would. As you may know, mana is all around us, and also inside of us. By utilizing what is around us as well as our own we are able to create ethereal or demonic spells. As for warriors, they refine mana into a form called zea, and use it to enhance their weapons and attacks. Some warriors can also use their abilities to support their allies. But they are not only limited to using zea; some study magic and weaponry, which is why you will see some become a bladesinger, for example. Although, they are very rare in this day and age because of the creation of SP.”

Peorth seemed slightly bothered when she mentioned SP but continued anyway. “Nevertheless, as you progress you will come to understand this much better. For now I would like you to focus on the tasks at hand, as they will prove quite challenging if you are not focused.” TJ continued his practice and proved to be doing much better than he had the previous day. Once Peorth came to the conclusion that he was ready to move on to the tougher spells, she called him over and asked him to try using brute force on her. TJ began and did not make much progress at first but kept at it. Peorth was taking his failures very well, and was patient through the entire thing.

As the day passed and time ticked away, the latter part of the day came through. For a few moments TJ’s crystal glowed but he tried to ignore it as he continued, and it eventually faded. About forty-five minutes passed since then and someone entered the guild room. “Hi guys, sorry to interrupt your training.” A familiar voice said catching TJ’s attention. He turned around and saw Kooh approaching them. “I found some interesting stuff on the subject, and I sent Curt and Robo to check the library on the seal earlier today.” Kooh said walking past TJ and toward Peorth with his spell still in effect. TJ’s crystal lit up and began to grow brighter and give off a hot feeling. TJ winced and covered his chest with his hands in a feeble attempt to stop it and causing his spell to lose control. He heard Peorth groan and quickly glanced up in her direction to notice her hands giving off a slight red light

“You okay Chief? Sorry about that!” TJ said earnestly. “It is fine.” Peorth answered calmly. “Only a minor burn.” From the crystal Su emerged out of breath and furious, glaring at Kooh. “It was you...” She said keeping her focus trained on Kooh. Kooh turned around and TJ noticed a piece of cloth tightly tied around her left arm, with traces of dried up blood on the inside. “What do you mean Su?” Kooh asked puzzled. “You were that person from yesterday...the one that was sneaking around at night!” Su exclaimed pointing directly at her. Kooh waved her hands nervously and said, “hold on Su, you could have easily mistaken me for someone else. Why would I be sneaking around anyway?” “Isn’t it obvious? You aren’t active in the afternoons on typical days, including yesterday. At night I’ve heard you talking with our guild members through your badge also...and those eyes...they’re the exact same as those I saw yesterday.”

Su held out her hands and water appeared before her, growing into a long thin curve and freezing over creating a bow. She used her mana to create a string and created an arrow from ice also, and nocked it. “Su hold on a second! You can’t just go around threatening our guild members and saying they were sneaking around and whatever! That’s just crazy!” TJ shouted. Her eyes barely shifted as she kept her focus on Kooh but still looked at TJ. “You don’t know what I know TJ, and you don’t know what she knows. Neither of us can survive as long as she does. I won’t be satisfied until I know she’s dead.” Kooh sighed. “Su, listen to me. I know what I saw, and I think Peorth and I are really close to coming to a conclusion. But now is the worst possible time that we could talk about what’s been happening lately. I’ll admit, the person you saw and fought with yesterday was me, but there was a reason behind all of it.”

Su lowered her weapon and asked, “so you too knew about this Chief?” Peorth nodded once and answered, “yes I did. I was the one who requested her to monitor the city for any suspicious activity. I had a theory, and the most recent events have all begun to prove this piece by piece. I’m sure you know exactly what’s going on Su, so I would like to hear it directly from you.” Su looked sternly at Peorth and said, “Why should I tell you anything?” Peorth kept a straight face as she answered, “because if one of us is in danger, than we all are. If TJ’s life is threatened, than the world is at stake.” She said the last sentence quiet enough so TJ couldn’t hear it and looked at them all fairly confused. “Guys, if there’s something big going on I don’t want you to be afraid to tell me! Aren’t I a part of this guild too? Why should I be left in the dark for everything that goes on?” TJ asked fairly agitated.

Peorth crossed her arms and thought for a moment, then appeared to come to a conclusion as she replied, “You may already know that magic is influenced by the user’s emotions. The more stable their emotions are, the better their concentration and that lowers the risk of failed spells.” The Chief placed one hand on her hip and looked up at the sky for a few moments in silence. “My mother had always told me ‘take everything in moderation. Live life to the rhythm of your own heart and little by little it will all come together in a song you could call your own’. As for you TJ, I want to do the same for you. If you were to know everything before you are meant to, it could hurt you and your future. I know it is complicated, but please bear with it.” TJ shuffled his feet on the spot uneasily and stared down at the ground. “Su, would like you to come with me. Our practice for today shall be ended here. We shall continue again tomorrow.” Peorth said.

TJ went back to his tent and carefully went inside. Curt was lying face down on a book and seemed to be fast asleep while Robo was holding a flashlight over a book while he read. “Good evening TJ. How are you doing today?” Robo said. “I’ve seen better days.” TJ sighed. Robo nodded and continued as he read. “We all have off days. If you can endure the worst of them, though, eventually you’ll find yourself in much better times. What’s to come, I think that if we can defeat Choen palm and accomplish our goals, then afterwards peaceful days will prevail.” TJ half-smiled and said, “guess you’re right. For there to be peace for everyone in Yggdrasil, and maybe even other people outside of our guild, then it really is something worth fighting for isn’t it?” Robo smiled at him and replied, “couldn’t have said it better myself.”

TJ had lay down in his bed but just could not fall asleep no matter how hard he tried. Robo had already went to sleep and Su had not returned yet. Outside of the tent TJ could hear footsteps and he could not resist the temptation of seeing who was walking outside at this time of the night. He unzipped the tent enough so he could see through and saw Su walking towards the Dark Forest. He quickly unzipped the tent and ran after her quietly calling her name. She turned around to him and said, “TJ? What are you doing up so late?” TJ slowed down and started to walk beside her as he said, “didn’t I tell you? I’m nocturnal.” She snickered and said, “alright there owl boy. Let’s go find a tree for you to perch on.”

The Dark Forest was...pretty dark. The fact that it was night time did not make it any less scary for TJ, and to top it off the sound of bats, owls and strange gargoyle-like things flying through the air did not help him overcome his fear. The land was fairly hilly, and where they stood was somewhat higher than the rest of the ground beneath them. Su sat down and just stared off in the distance even though TJ occasionally glanced in her direction. Finally she began, “TJ, tell me something. What do you think I’m good at?” TJ looked alarmed and replied, “is that a trick question?” “No.” TJ rubbed his chin thoughtfully and said, “well, I think you’re good at everything. You can use magic and you’re good at close combat too. Seems like you know everything about everything. Umm...you’re also pretty good at teaching. That’s all I can think of right off the bat.” TJ said with a nervous laugh.

Su chuckled quietly and said, “I see. Nearly, if not everything you just mentioned has something to do with combat. Is that all I’m really good at?” TJ’s expression turned slightly melancholic as he replied, “I don’t think so...I mean, I haven’t really seen the things you can do outside of battle but I’m sure there is a lot that you’re good at.” Su laughed and shook her head. “TJ, since I was a kid all I’ve ever known is combat. Fighting for my own survival and constantly training to better myself. I lived for revenge, then I got it. But fighting and killing is all I’ve ever done. My training at Dark Moon Castle was also a part of that, and when I look back on it, it makes me wonder what I’ve been doing with my entire life. Yeah, there was a lot I learned, but I mean...what is it all for? I might excel in combat, but I dunno what a real childhood is like, or even a proper understanding of what having a family is like. I really feel like I’ve wasted my life away.

TJ rubbed the back of his neck and looked at his shoes. He took a deep breath and began, “honestly, I don’t think it matters what you did. What matters is whether or not you enjoyed it. I believe that...well, you know, as long as you’re doing something that you know you’ll enjoy than not a moment is wasted. If you have something worth doing, then it’s always the right choice. You have something you’re good at, and even if it’s just in battle, it’s not a bad thing right? Sometimes people need someone to protect them, but many are afraid to do that, but you have the ability to.” TJ smiled and placed his hands on his chest. “You’ve protected me more times than I can count, and you’re always looking after me even when I don’t know. It’s like having my very own guardian angel or something like that. B-but anyway! You know...you’ve got a talent, and it’s what makes you special, so don’t feel down about it. Have confidence in what you can do and I know you’ll be able to do great things!”

Su looked at him silently for a few moments and TJ glanced away trying to avoid her stares. She smiled then stood up and stretched. “Guess I can’t argue with that.” She said with her back turned to him. “If I wasn’t this good who would protect you from all the bad guys?” Su laughed and TJ smiled. “I guess you’re not so bad yourself, ya’ big ass kisser.” She put him in a headlock then gave him a noogie as his hat toppled off of his head. “St-stop! I give! I give!” TJ shouted tapping her arm with his hand to tap out. “Let’s head back. You’re gonna be busy for the next few days so I shouldn’t let you stay awake any longer.”

The next three days passed without anything out of the ordinary occurring. TJ continued his practices with Peorth and learned to create barriers, shields, and a few basic lightning type spells. On the twelfth day of their training, Peorth mentioned that TJ would be practicing his hardest spell yet, but it would be the final day of their training before they prepare for the final battle. TJ approached the guild room feeling nervous but doing his best to be confident in his skills. Peorth was waiting in the guild room and greeted him with a nod. “TJ, today will be the last day of my teachings, so I have taken the liberty of picking out one the toughest spells for you to learn yet. Today shall we studying one of the most famous techniques in all of Asgard, especially well known amongst the Cerebians, sealing.”

TJ nodded sternly and Peorth continued, “Not all of the Cerebians would fight to kill their enemy, and not all Agasuras will die so easily. As you may know, many Agasuras have found a way to revive no matter how many times they are defeated, and the amount that are able to are spreading. Much before our time, these techniques were also used, and in the legends of the Cerebians, the creator God Ah had used this technique to seal away the Agasura’s King.” TJ nodded once but kept his mouth shut so he did not distract Peorth. “I shall give you a quick explanation of silencing, along with some time to practice it yourself, then we shall move on to seals created to exile enemies.” That sounds intense...exiling enemies huh. Maybe if I exile Choen Palm, it will put a stop to the demons. TJ thought as he nodded once more. “Then let us begin.” Peorth said.

“Often times, Cerebians who specialized in healing were unable to properly protect themselves when in combat situations even if they knew weapon augmentation or simple offensive magic. The silencing techniques were used to prevent their enemy from casting any kind of spell, use zea, or even using their mana while making them unable to speak. Now, when aiming to silence someone what you are attempting to do is disable them, for what reason will be up to you, but remember this is your goal. It is a difficult thing to explain, but alike to using your mana to create spells to assist your teammates, you can use this to disable your enemies. You have a basic understanding of supporting, so I would like you to try the Silence spell on me. Begin!” Peorth explained.

For a few hours TJ would focus his mana on Peorth and shout, “silence!” and when he failed she would immediately answer, “try again” prompting him to give it another try. After constant attempts Peorth would open her mouth and nothing would come out, and when she tried skills nothing would happen(though it was quite difficult for TJ to tell because he did not know what she could do).
    Suuba
    Suuba

Post  Suuba Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:17 am

lol ya should made them fight pandora
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:51 pm

Don't worry, I have big plans for her lol. Anyway I'll post the next part. My stupid old man's computer won't let me copy and paste >Sad. actually wait had an idea
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:57 pm

“That will do TJ.” She said and he stopped wiping his brow proudly. Peorth nodded and said, “now, for the final spell...truthfully, it isn’t something we can practice. Nor, is it something that can be conveyed through oral communication. It is something you must feel from deep within you. It is...a part of every Cerebian’s intuition. When the time comes for you to perform this spell, it will awaken in your memory naturally, and what is required to invoke the seal will come to you also.”

Peorth rested one hand on her elbow and placed the other under her chin and thought for a few moments. “You seem to be making a face that shows you are nervous for the coming battle. Do not fret, TJ, for when the time comes I shall release the seals for your Advancement.” TJ looked surprised for a moment and said, “Advancement? What’s that?” Peorth half smiled and replied, “it is the first stage of your transformation, and your first true step into adulthood.” TJ glanced at his own hands and made a sulky face as he thought, I thought I was already an adult. “The three stages are Advancement, Calling, and Awakening. Of course, these are the names translated from the Ancient language. Nevertheless, the spells you have learned now may be difficult and occasionally backfire, but the further you are awakened the more effective and more powerful your spells will become. It will also give you new options and abilities. So fear not, for I am sure you will be fine. We shall be with you throughout also.” TJ beamed and nodded confidently.

“So now that the training is finished, what’re we gonna do now Chief?” TJ asked. Peorth nodded and answered, “for the rest of the day feel free to practice any spells you see fit. If you would like to practice with me than I shall be right here, so do not hesitate to ask.” TJ nodded and took her up on the offer, practicing from the basics to the more advanced spells he had learned over the past few days. He continued tirelessly and continued on until Peorth had to ask him to stop. She chuckled lightly and said, “good...no, excellent TJ. Fantastic!” TJ smiled gently. He had never seen her so enthusiastic before (as tired as she was). She was hunched over a little to catch her breath then she stood up straight and wiped the sweat from her forehead. “You have excellent stamina and have also gained much better control of your mana and spells. I am confident that in the coming battle you will do wonderfully, TJ. But for now, I would like you to save some of that energy for tomorrow. I will send you a letter as to where and when we shall meet, and when we do, I would like you to show me the results of your training.”

TJ stumbled into the tent and collapsed in his bed. He buried his face in his pillow and squeezed it tightly letting out an excited muffled shout. Curt immediately sat up with his eyes wide open and said, “Muh...wha? TJ that you?” He glanced around the tent bleary-eyed and somewhat seeming to focus on TJ’s location. “Haha sorry Curt. Got a little over-excited there. The Chief and I just finished our spell training, and she praised me a lot too!” Curt still had a look of being half-awake on his face as he mumbled, “Oh that’s...that’s great you know...great...you sh-you should k-” He yawned fairly loudly then began to lean backwards back into his sheets as he said, “keep...up...work...” His eyes closed and he fell silent as he fell asleep completely. TJ stifled a laugh and covered himself in his sheets then closed his eyes and eventually went to sleep.

The next morning came around once more and TJ leapt out of bed and into the morning light. He could not hide the happiness on his face as he walked down the street with a bit of a skip in his step and walked towards the Verun’s restaurant. He walked into the store and noticed the waiter in his usual place, then waved and said, “Good morning Verun!” Verun bowed to TJ and replied, “Good morning Mr. TJ. You seem to be in bright spirits today. May I ask the occasion?” TJ grinned shyly and said, “Oh it’s nothing really! Just having a really good day, How are you today?” Verun smiled and answered, “I feel I am in tip-top shape as always, Mr. TJ. Thank you for asking! May I get you a seat today?” “Sounds great. Thanks Verun.”

TJ decided to eat a little more lightly so he ordered a delicious vegetable soup, with a mentioned special ingredient. Verun delivered his food and turned around to walk away until TJ reached out and said, “Ah! Verun wait!” Verun turned around with a curios look on his face as he answered, “what can I do for you Mr. TJ?” TJ slowly retracted his hand and looked at his shoes. “A-about what you said the other day...about the sparks of love or something like that...” Verun smiled devilishly and said, “Ah...you mean the comment i made about you and Ms. Peorth?” TJ nodded vigorously but tried to hide his interest getting Verun’s attention more so than before. “It is quite clear that you two have taken quite a liking to each other. In time, I believe you two will be more than...shall we say, just friends?”

TJ felt something inside him in that comment, as if his stomach was doing back-flips. “What comes after that?” TJ asked staring at Verun over his glasses. “You don’t know Mr. TJ? My, my I have much to teach you! Of course, next comes dating.” He whispered the last part in TJ’s ear and TJ shuddered. “If you two really feel strongly towards each other, then you’ll get married, like my wife Marin and I are.” TJ was not able to hide his curiosity on the word marriage and it was written all over his face. Marriage...marriage...I remember! I think the Chief and Su mentioned the marriage contract sometime over the past while. So if me and the Chief become really close than we can form another contract? Gotta do my best to make the Chief see how reliable I can be. He thought.

Verun glanced around as if he was checking if any customers needed him then leaned in closer to TJ and whispered, “But for when you start dating, I hope that you are a good kisser Mr. TJ. I’m sure if it is your first time, you will be forgiven for a mistake or two, but it can’t stay that way so do your best to learn.” TJ looked puzzled as he asked, “kissing?” Verun smiled then glanced at Marin and waved her over with one finger. She leaned in close and he approached as if to whisper in her ear, then kissed her on the cheek. She smiled as her cheeks flushed and she quickly walked off and TJ looked horrified. “You mean I have to do that?!” Verun gave TJ a salute with a sly grin and walked off into the employee hallway leaving TJ to eat his soup in an awkward and confused silence.

TJ eventually left the restaurant and continued on walking towards the mailman in a flustered manner trying to get a grip on what just happened. He stopped in his tracks as he heard the mailman’s voice say, “mail for you.” TJ raised his hands to his face and caught the letter just as it was spat at him and he grinned. Then a bag of Ely hit him in the face an his smile turned into a frown. He rubbed his nose while glaring at the mailman over his glasses, then turned his focus to the letter and read it. It said:

Dear TJ:
    I have decided that we shall meet at twelve o’clock at the base of the mountain area. There, we shall test out your ability in live combat to gauge combat ability with your new spells. I shall be waiting for you there at that time, but do not feel pressured to come at that exact time. Prepare yourself as thoroughly as possible and come when you feel that you are completely ready. As for the Ely, it is a gift from me. I put some in to make up for what you may have used during the duration of our training, as you would not have enough time to take up quests to gain Ely or guild points, and the rest is a thank-you gift for all the hard work you have put in over the time we have worked together. There is a quest sheet attached to this letter, so once you complete the quest requirements bring this to Ignate and he shall reward you accordingly.

TJ separated the sheets and glanced at the quest sheet. He mumbled some of the things he went along then fell silent as he read the words: Quest Requirement: Defeat Guild Master Peorth. TJ read the words over and over but they still said the same thing. “This...this can’t be...is this what she meant when she said she wanted to see the results of my training? I can’t fight her! She’ll kick my ass! But even if she wants me to fight...how could I seriously fight the Chief? I don’t want to try to hurt her...” TJ groaned. People around him started to stare and he noticed, covering his face with the rim of his hat and quickly running off down the street, towards Elias field.

TJ continued walking through the fields occasionally bumping into people but still paying them no mind. Peorth’s words were still fresh in his mind along with the quest’s requirements. For him to fight her...this is what she wanted was it not? He tightly held onto his stomach and groaned. It feels like my there’s a beast in me that got seriously disturbed by this entire thing...I don’t wanna go through with this! Fighting Choen Palm is one thing, but fighting the Chief is just impossible in comparison! I don’t...I can’t...TJ thought rubbing his temples. He walked by the windmills gently blowing in the wind on the hills they rested on and his crystal began to glow a faint light. From the crystal, Su emerged and started walking beside him.

“TJ, listen to me okay?” From beneath his cap Su could see his eyes looking in her direction but mostly at her shoes. “It’s not a question of how or why you’re gonna fight Peorth. Heck, it’s not even something you need to question. Just do it! You and I both know Peorth is really strong. She’s leading the Gods to defeat Choen Palm, and she’s no stranger to the ancient language, it’s spells and it’s rituals. Take it from me, I know even if you go all out and do win the fight, she’ll be fine afterwards. Besides, don’t you think it took a lot of thinking for her to come to this decision, and for her to gain the courage to fight you too?” Su suggested. TJ rubbed his arm nervously and shrugged somewhat, then replied, “I guess so...” She put him in a headlock as they walked and said, “Not good enough. Answer me like you mean it!” Through a garbled voice TJ answered, “Yesh ma’am.” “One more time with feeling!” “I’ll win thish fight!” “That’s what I like to hear. Now let’s show her what you’re made of!”
    Suuba
    Suuba

Post  Suuba Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:18 pm

gay
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:55 pm

LOL. C an't say I didn't expect that. Anyway I'm gonna post the next part and run. See you next time lol
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:36 pm

Though the weather was sunny the day still felt fairly chilly. The base of the mountain was bathed in light and TJ approached glancing in every direction for Peorth. Somewhere not too far off from the base of the mountain, but out of reach of the Kobolds and of view of normal people TJ could see Peorth standing alone looking up at the sky. He uneasily but steadily approached her, and his footsteps caught her attention. “TJ, it is a pleasure to see you as always. I assume that you have come fully prepared and aware of what I would like you to do?” She asked. TJ nodded sternly once and Peorth nodded solemnly in turn. “To stand up to your enemies requires much courage. To stand up to your friends requires even more. This is something you have faced before, but it is something I do not want you to fear. On this day I shall be your opponent!”

“Like before, I would like you to come at me at full force TJ. Fear not for my safety, for I shall be fine no matter how wounded I may become. As for yourself, do not underestimate what I am going to do. Fight me as if your life is at stake in this battle TJ, and show me that you are ready to defeat Choen Palm! Now! Show me the results of your training!” Peorth commanded him. TJ drew his guitar and shouted, “Augment!” His weapon gained a bright light and he quickly dashed towards Peorth. “Here I come!” Peorth drew her spear and the two clashed. TJ was overpowered and he stumbled back as Peorth had already dashed behind him and hit him with the pole of her spear. TJ collapsed to the floor and Peorth stood above him, twirling the spear over her head as she turned it over with the head pointing down right at him.

She brought her weapon down with enough force to shatter the rocks where TJ once was after he rolled out of the way and shouted, “Two arrows of light!” Firing two bolts of magic towards her. She spun her spear around in front of her and the spells quickly dispersed, buying TJ enough time to get back on his feet and begin taking weak but fast swings at Peorth with her guitar. She skillfully blocked every attack but missed each parry because of TJ’s unexpected movements. He gripped his guitar hilt with both hands and started to spin towards Peorth. She backed away for a few moments then said, “You’re wide open.” She quickly lunged at him as she shouted, “Dragon fang!” She stabbed him once, hit him a second time from another angle then spun around and hit him in the side with the head of her spear knocking him aside.

“For a relatively blunt weapon, that mountain spear seriously hurts...” TJ grumbled rubbed his stomach. Peorth was already leaping through the air bringing her spear down on him and TJ desperately blocked his face with both arms. A massive seal appeared before him and stopped Peorth in mid-air causing a vibration throughout her body and also causing her to fall back. “Lucky!” TJ said getting to his feet and holding out his hand. “Lightning Storm!” He shouted as small clouds appeared above the two and rained down bolts of lightning. Peorth and TJ both darted aside to avoid the rain of attacks. “Backfired...” TJ mumbled diving out of the way of another attack. Peorth spun her lance above her head just before the lightning struck her spear and though some of it had shot off in different directions, some had remained on the spear giving it a silver glow. As she spun her spear faster the clouds gathered around her and disappeared.

“TJ you cannot forget that your spells are only mana. They can easily be manipulated to your enemy’s advantage. See for yourself.” She quickly dashed towards TJ and he dashed back to avoid her attack. She thrusted her spear right from the very back and TJ desperately blocked it with his guitar feeling a jolt of electricity running through his body and his body going completely stiff. Peorth spun her spear around then held it over her head as she leapt through the air as if to stab him right through the chest, but she landed right in front of him and stabbed her spear into the ground. “Field of Blades!” She shouted. Spears shot up from the ground beneath TJ and around him impaling him mercilessly. The spears disappeared and TJ collapsed to the ground tightly gripping his various wounds. TJ began to use his mana to silently heal his wounds as Peorth recovered from her last attack and drew her spear from the ground.

Peorth walked over to TJ and shoved her spear into one of the wounds in his chest then lifted him up. TJ’s pained eyes met hers for a brief few moments and TJ could have sworn he could see melancholy in her sapphire blue eyes as she tossed him aside. As TJ lifted him self off the ground he could see her using various enchantments on herself instead of attacking. She could have easily finished me off right there...why didn’t she do it? Is she holding back on me? And those eyes...seemed so sad...TJ used the opportunity to heal some more then stood on his feet and drew his guitar, augmenting it once more. Peorth placed her spear by her side and turned to TJ. “TJ, fight me like you mean it, or you will be severely hurt. More so than you are now.” She told him.

She lifted her spear from the ground and held it by her waist, than dashed at him again. As she thrusted her spear at him TJ held out his hand creating another shield before him and stopping her attack. Peorth fell back and spun her spear around weakening TJ’s shield, then finally taking one over-head swing and shattering the shield in TJ’s face. TJ climbed to his feet as quickly as he could and started to step backwards as Peorth charged him once more, being stopped by another shield. Peorth shook her head and armed her spear, she took two horizontal swings in both directions, then spun around and took one final swing and shattered TJ’s shield again. “TJ, you are holding back...you’ve created too many shields to do so again anytime soon, so you are vulnerable to my attacks now. Fight me seriously, because I shall end this here and now!”

Peorth raised one finger to the sky and shouted, “Beserker!” She held one open hand out at TJ and said, “Warlord Style Awakening Technique: Last Breath!” Peorth’s spear gained a crimson glow and after taking one step she disappeared. She was already in TJ’s face and immediately went right through him, then disappeared again. She continued to appear and reappear performing various stabs and swings to him but he could only stand with both his arms in an ‘x’ shape attempting to protect himself. When Peorth finally appeared once more in front of him, and rapidly started stabbing at him mercilessly, it seemed TJ had finally met his match.

Peorth out of breath and what seemed to be victorious placed her spear upright and leaned against it. TJ stayed in the same position and had not moved, nor even taken a single breath. “I...could hear her...” Peorth said breathing heavily.

You can’t lose...

“Through every single attack I could hear her voice reaching out to you...”

You won’t lose...

“It seems that I should not have underestimated the bond that you and Su had shared even outside of combat.”

Fight TJ!

“Now it is time. Show me what you can do TJ.” Peorth finally said. TJ lowered his arms slowly and opened his eyes revealing them in a bright tint of blue. “Frequency!” He shouted lowering both his arms to his side. “barrier Break!” All over TJ a blue mana surrounded him, then grew larger and dispersed in a wide area of effect spell hitting Peorth and causing her to freeze as if she was stunned. TJ pounded his fist into his open hand and said, “Brute force!” He raised one finger to the sky and said, “Elemental combat!” His hands turned cold and blue as if they had frozen over but he still had perfect movement in his joints. He dashed towards peorth and punched her once in the stomach, then twice across the face and elbowed her in the stomach again. He put her in a headlock and spun her around, then tossed her aside and quickly dived after her pulling her into a roll and throwing her into the air. “One hundred Arrows of Light!” Arrows of Light appeared by the second and quickly stormed towards Peorth striking her one after the next and keeping her airborne.

TJ swung his fist horizontally, then vertically downwards punching the ground and shouting, “Mother Gaia!” The ground shattered open and rocks shot up from before him striking Peorth from each and every direction. “Righteous Might!” TJ said raising both hands to the sky. The hole he created in the earth before him lit up and a massive beam of light shot out from it with Peorth in the center of it still airborne. Finally TJ doubled over out of breath, and stumbled falling backwards unconscious. Peorth was shot out as the spell dissipated and landed hard on the ground, burned and bruised. She stood up a bit unsteadily and said, “Very...very good TJ. You have exceeded my expectations.”

Su appeared from the crystal and looked down at him. “Right until the very end he was holding back because he was afraid to hurt you. You wouldn’t believe how much convincing it took to finally get us in sync so TJ would be able to activate the Frequency.” Su said with a chuckle. “I am quite amazed at what just happened. I have not even taught him those spells yet he was able to do them so skillfully from pure memory. He had even used some of the Arcane Arts there. The bond between you two is truly bearing fruit. Thank you for doing so much for his sake Suuba.” Peorth told her. Su shrugged and said, “It’s not like I do it for him you know. I have my reasons for doing things and this guy could use some help so I just did my thing. No big deal.” Peorth almost smiled as she said, “I expected no less.”

Su hauled TJ over one shoulder and helped Peorth get back to town by letting her use her free shoulder. Peorth explained that she was going to return home to prepare herself for the coming day and to speak with the guild members, and that Su was free to join in the conversation if she wanted to do so. Su took TJ back to their tent and flopped him down in his bed, then said, “That wasn’t half bad. You’ve got a long way to go if you ever want to even compare to my standards, but for now you’re not all bad. For a child I guess!” She chuckled and returned to the crystal as evening dawned and the day passed peacefully.
    Suuba
    Suuba

Post  Suuba Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:29 pm

(gasp) 5th teir skills? =D

ya know i thought the fight would have been a little more voilent or somethin? but thats just me
    plus im the BEST!
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:34 pm

Truthfully, I was thinking of making it a bit more violent, but on the other hand I didn't wanna overdo it. Since the fight with Choen Palm was coming up, I didn't want those two to kick each other's butts so bad that they couldn't fight in the next battle. On the other hand, the two were holding back on each other until the very end. Somewhat. Unlike what happened in the training battle in TJ and Su, TJ hadn't lost himself to his demon form, and he wasn't using the Contemptuous Arts either. Still, the fight with Choen Palm might be more up your alley lol. I'll have the next part posted sometime soon. Working on it right now lol
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:47 pm

TJ got out of the bed the next morning feeling a bit confused and still fairly exhausted. He stood up and stretched, then glanced around the tent and noticed that both Curt and Robo were missing. “Wonder where everyone went...” TJ said. He exited the tent and passed by the mailman once more. “Mail for you.” He said as he usually did and TJ covered his face purely from reaction. He caught the letter but still covered his face and he turned out fine. He glanced at the letter for a few moments then opened the letter. It said:

Dear TJ:
    You had shown me very well developed combat prowess and ability that I had not known you knew at this point in time. I am very proud of you, and I feel even more confident that we will be successful in our mission. Your bond with Su has proven to be very reliable, as it has even given you the ability to use the earth element, and advanced her ability with the Water Element. Please keep up the excellent work. Aside from that, we shall be leaving Elias for the Kimara Research Labatory tomorrow, so if there is anything you feel you need to do before we leave take the time to do so today. I would recommend going to see Verun today. I am positive that he would not be pleased if you left again without saying goodbye. Everyone shall be gathered in the guild room in the afternoon to give you the chance to decide who you shall be taking with you for the upcoming battle, so please be sure to show around that time, as soon as you can.
    Sincerely, Peorth

TJ chuckled and said, “she always has a weird way to put things.” He folded up the letter and walked on to Verun’s store. As he walked down the streets he saw various people decorating Elias with all sorts of decorations: streamers, confetti, and some were even rolling cannons into the city. TJ looked at them puzzled, but did not know who to ask, and had no intention of asking even if he did know. He walked into Verun’s store and noticed Marin at the counter today. “Hi is erun in?” TJ asked trying to hide his embarassment. “Of course!” She answered with a smile. “Do you wanna grab a bite while you’re here TJ?” TJ nodded and she guided him to his seat.

TJ waited nervously but patiently and Verun soon exited the staff hallway with his meal. “Good day Mr. TJ. I see that you have taken quite a liking to our little establishment. It is a pleasure to have you, as always.” Verun said with his usual smug smile while he placed TJ’s meal on the table before him. “Heh well you know...can’t pass up good food when you come across it. Been coming here for a while now so I figure why not do it again?” TJ said it in an optimistic tone but could not help looking down at his hands in his lap. Verun stared at TJ and said, “come now Mr. TJ, I know you better than that. There is something wrong isn’t there? I may be just a waiter, but I too, am a person nonetheless. Feel free to confide in me.

TJ looked into Verun’s eyes in an almost pleading way and said, “well...you know...we’re gonna be leaving Elias and stuff tomorrow to fight Choen Palm. It...well, I trained for this with the Chief. She really believes in me, and I wanna believe in me too but I just dunno...I’m scared Verun! I haven’t really thought about it until now...and the more I think about it the more uneasy I become. I’m afraid my friends would be hurt...and the chief too...all for my sake. If I can’t beat her I dunno what’s gonna happen...I might not see you, Marin, or anyone again if I can’t do it...what do I do? I just don’t feel like I’m ready for all of it...it just feels like everything is suddenly being forced upon me and what I’ve done just isn’t enough to succeed.”

Verun looked surprised, then he smiled. This time it was not in his usual smug way, but in an almost melancholic way. It was clear in the smile and the look in his eyes that he was deeply concerned for TJ. “Mr. TJ...” He began, “you shouldn’t despair for the future. Keep your chin up and believe that you can accomplish your goals no matter what it takes. You have good friends in your guild, and a wonderful leader to see you through whatever you may face.” He placed his hands on TJ’s cheeks and squeezed them together. “Besides, that doesn’t sound like the TJ I know. Where are your usual smart remarks and witty comebacks? Come now, look into my eyes.” He ruffled TJ’s hairs then placed his hands on his shoulders and said, “you will succeed. I know you will. After everything is done you and your entire guild can come here to celebrate. We shall be waiting here for you with a meal fit for a king, and you will be our guest of honour. Now show me a little of the TJ I know so well.”

TJ could not help but smile as he said, “jeez it’s just like you to say something corny like that. But you better be ready ‘cause I’m gonna be coming here with a hungering vengeance!” Verun chuckled and Marin joined the two beaming. TJ finished his meal and paid his bill and as he prepared to leave he quickly ran over to the two and said, “th-thanks for looking after me all this time guys. I really appreciate all you’ve done for me recently. Dunno how long I’ll be gone, but as soon as I’m back in Elias this’ll be my first stop for sure.” TJ said earnestly. Verun and Marin smiled then closed in on TJ and held him in a group hug. “Take care Mr. TJ. You better come back in one piece okay? As long as you can eat solid food I have no complaints though.” Marin nodded and said, “If you ever need your makeup or hair done be sure to come see me. I’ll do it better than the stylist! Be sure to look after your ‘princess’ also!” TJ snorted and said, “pssh I don’t know what you’re talking about. Honestly...” He laughed. “I’ll miss you two. Take care okay?” The two waved and said, “Until we meet again!”
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:50 pm

There was more, but I'm gonna post that tommorow. I've got two days before I go on vacation to wrap up Frequency so wish me luck lol. After that gonna be gone until like...the end of August. Hopefully when I'm gone I can take some rough notes for my next work. See you enxt time Wink
    Suuba
    Suuba

Post  Suuba Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:26 am

that was boring
    as for the fight it was alright, for a not very violent fight lol
    btw have a good time on your vacation =)
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:14 pm

Finally finished a good deal of today's portion. It's pretty long so I'll post it in 2 messages.
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:16 pm

TJ thought for a moment then shrugged. “It’s a little early, but I think I might head to the guild room.” He walked down the street towards Elias Palace once more and requested permission to enter the guild room. TJ opened his eyes and as always he was in the guild room, this time filled to the brim with the many faces of Yggdrasil. He smiled gently, reminiscing of his first arrival there and seeing all of his guild mates for the first time. Peorth was standing beside Guild Master Shabur and Curt and acknowledged TJ with one of her usual nods. “Good day TJ,” Peorth began, “I was just about to begin briefing our guild members on the upcoming mission. You are much earlier than I had expected though.” TJ laughed nervously and asked, “well...is it a bad thing that I’m early?” Peorth shook her head. “Not at all. It is good to see you so eager to partake in guild activities.”

Peorth cleared her throat. “Now, as you all may know Choen Palm has the Kimara Research Labatory well guarded. In the Abyss Ruins, located outside the Labatory you will encounter Grells, Hippocampus, Campers, and Coralas. To those who have already taken the tests require to advance your class, they will not be of much threat to you. To those who have not, stay in groups, stay close together, work as a team and always be vigilant! More importantly, I have a theory that Choen Palm may have found a way to connect Midgard, the home of Humanity to Jotunheim, the Home of the Giants. Our previous visits to the Kimara Research Laboratory have proved that the giants truly do exist in this world. I believe the more recent efforts she has been employing have not only created new types of giants, but also strengthened them greatly. Choen Palm is not someone you should take lightly; using the original concepts of creatures from Nathan Farrow’s notes and the updated written works of his descendants, she has created an abundance of the creatures we may face along the way.”

“This is what we are faced with, and this is something we shall overcome no matter the cost. The Agasuras have created some kind of alliance with the Giants, which may or may not be correct, as giants do not usually follow the orders of others, not even giants.” Peorth stopped for a moment to take a breath and nodded. “Escort Team, after you have completed your first task, I would like you to search the factory and rescue any people that were captured and used as test subjects. Demolitions Team, once the people have been rescued and escorted from the laboratory, you shall begin a search and destroy mission. Anything that may be of use to Choen Palm, or any traces of these creations must be disposed of immediately. If you find any notes and/or documents, keep them as complete as possible. We may find a way to reverse any effects from the testing. Scouting Team, you shall take the initiative in searching the laboratory and finding out the location of enemies, what they are and what they are capable of. Gather as much Intel as you can and relay it to the guild as soon as possible.”

Everyone murmured in agreement and Peorth continued. “TJ’s Subjugation Team will come in after the other teams have already begun their missions. I shall be taking part in this, escorting and fighting alongside you against Choen Palm along with the two other people you choose TJ. A path shall be cleared for us so we shall make our way directly to Choen Palm’s location and subdue her. You must not forget, that Choen Palm has the power of the Agasuras on her side so she is not to be taken lightly even if alone. TJ, you have already faced her once before, but you are yet to see the extent of her power. Truthfully, I am yet to see this myself, and it is quite dishonourable of me as I must confess that even I am unsure of what she truly is capable of. The genius of Nathan Farrow is not something only of the past; it is an inherited gene, and as the final descendant of Farrow Choen Palm also is able to create more than just creatures. Though this is just a theory, I believe that she may have used science and magic to give herself inhumane powers.”

“Forgive me for not being able to inform you any better, but this is the extent of my knowledge. I am a failure to this guild as it’s leader and I have much to learn.” Peorth said to murmurs of disagreement. “You are all very kind. Now that everyone has their tasks, once we have stopped Choen Palm I shall search for her means to bringing the Giants from Jotunheim to Midgard and stopping it permanently. If I am correct, she is using Yggdrasil’s powers to open portals between the worlds. Once I am able to locate it I shall seal it away once and for all. Now without further ado, TJ please select those who you would like to take with you for the battle.”

TJ glanced around nervously and said, “so...the Chief coming with me is a necessity right?” Peorth nodded and replied, “That is correct.” “So what about Su?” “You and Su are one person, so you are still able to bring two more allies.” TJ scratched his chin thoughtfully and glanced around the guild room. “Ah I know! Curt and...Robo! I want you guys to come with me to take on Choen Palm.” Curt did a fist pump and Robo gave a nod of approval. Everyone clapped and Peorth waved her hands to hush them down. “TJ has made his decision. All of you know your specialties so I will leave creating squads up to you. Tomorrow we set out at the break of dawn, so do not dilly dally and always be vigilant! Yggdrasil, dismissed!” Peorth said. Everyone started to file out from the guild room discussing their plans and leaving through the gate of light nearby.

“That was quite the speech Chief!” TJ said impressed. “I can’t believe Choen Palm is a descendant of Nathan Farrow though...and that she created all those things. I think the Grells were those weird jellyfish things...with the funny brains.” TJ shuddered. “Choen Palm is not just anyone TJ. Science and Magic were never meant to be merged. To those who do so, can only bring forth disaster.” Peorth explained as Curt and Robo laughed uneasily. “It was something God Ah had never intended to happen, but he strongly believed that the Vandels would do. Though the Vandels have made many mistakes over the centuries, we, the Cerebians shall continue to look after them. We each serve our own purpose, whether we know it or not, even if it may be living along side the Vandels.” Peorth glanced at her watch. “There is still much time before the day is over. Have you finished all your preparations TJ?” TJ nodded.

Su appeared from TJ’s crystal and said, “well you know, if you two aren’t doing anything why don’t you go to Elias’ Anniversary Festival?” TJ looked puzzled and Su muttered, “I’ll explain later just play along.” TJ nodded and nervously said, “w-well, I don’t mind. I’m all good to go and stuff.” Peorth seemed to have an almost blank stare, but was actually contemplating the idea as she quickly answered, “that sounds pleasant. Shall we meet at Elias Palace’s entrance around seven?” TJ nodded vigorously and Peorth half smiled. “Then I shall take my leave.” She bowed slightly then exited the guild room leaving the five of them there. “What’s this festival about?” TJ said staring at Su over his glasses. “Let’s walk and talk. I’ll explain it on the way.” Su answered. “What do we do?” Curt asked Robo. Robo shrugged and said, “Not too sure. Wanna head to the Fight Arena again?” Curt grinned and the two dashed off before Su and TJ left.

TJ and Su walked around the city while checking out the various things people were doing to celebrate Elias’ Anniversary. Shops seemed to be getting in new stock and products to celebrate with, some stalls opened around the city selling festival food, and some people had even put on festival clothes, often in red and gold. Su explained that the reason for the celebration was to acknowledge Elias becoming the capital of Jienda and to invite people from all around to come and celebrate. “Anyway, the reason I want you to go with the Chief is to improve your relationship. You two make me feel awkward just by being around. Aside from that, for you to do the Advancement Ritual you need to be in sync with the Chief. It’s a little like our contract. Besides, you might remember something if you do go.” Su explained. TJ was looking away but still had a thoughtful look on his face.

The day passed by and the preparations for the Festival almost seemed complete as the afternoon turned to evening. TJ made his way through the streets and saw Peorth waiting in front of the gates. She had changed clothes into a completely pink outfit. She wore a pink hoodie with a massive heart stitched on to the left side, pink jeans and a pair of slip-on sneakers, also pink. She spun a cap around on her finger (it was pink with a heart sewn on the front) and grasped it in both hands as she saw TJ approaching. “Good evening TJ,” She said, “shall we set off?” TJ looked surprised, “where to Chief?” He asked. Peorth pointed to a cannon sitting right outside of the airport’s gate. The cannon was pointing vertically, oddly enough, and Peorth sat down beside it not finding anything unusual about it at all.

“What’s with the cannons Chief?” TJ asked curiously looking at it while he sat down next to her. “I believe this is a more recent addition to the festival held by a group of people that call themselves the Game Master Association, or GMA for short. They have created creatures that look alike to certain Agasuras that will drift above the cannons across the city, and to those who can shoot these creatures down they will be rewarded prizes. To use the cannons you just need to use your ignite skill near them. The cannons are magical so they will pick up the heat from the skill and fire off automatically, and also create cannonballs when there are no more inside. They are not replaced immediately so watch your shots carefully.” The sound of a cannon firing off caught TJ off guard as fireworks burst above the heads of the people who fired the cannon just down the street.

“Peorth half-smiled and said, “It has been so long since I have been to a festival. The festivals we had back on Yggdrasil were so much fun when I was a child.” TJ stared curiously as he thought, the Chief hasn’t really said much about her past. “Sadly, there are pieces of my past that I cannot recall. Someday I hope to find them again to remember my past in it’s entirety-ah, there is one TJ, now is your chance to shoot it. A small light pink ball of fur with three other pink balls of fur that seemed to be ears and a tail on it seemed to be rolling by in the sky above them, and TJ stood looking at it dumbfounded. The sound of two rocks clashing together sounded beside TJ and the cannon fired directly hitting the creature, causing it to tumble backward and disappear. Fireworks went off and a small bag of Ely fell between TJ and Peorth. “W-well...that sure did the trick.” TJ said staring down at the bag. “Check your bag for your flint TJ. I will teach you how to ignite the cannon.” Peorth said half-smiling.

The two watched the fireworks and occasionally joined in when they could as they talked about their adventures. Time seemed to pass so quickly as they laughed and talked up a storm. “...then this giant worm just sprang out of the ground and almost ate me! Man I was scared out of my wits!” TJ said with a smile. “Even after losing your memories you still did some very extreme things TJ. It sounds like you had a full adventure before the difficult times began.” Peorth commented. “But here you are...I am glad to see you are safe even after all you have been through. I strongly believe you will be okay no matter what difficult times you will face. I will do my best to be there with you every step of the way TJ.” TJ smiled and nodded then said, “thanks Chief. I’ll be counting on you.” He glanced around as people started to get up and leave. “Looks like the festival is over...that’s too bad. I was really enjoying it.” Peorth checked her watch and said, “yes it is quite late. Shall we leave also?” TJ nodded and the two started to walk away.

“TJ...” Peorth said slowing down to a stop. “Today...thank you for today. It has been quite some time since I last enjoyed myself this much. I have spent much time doing vigorous training and it seems I have forgotten how enjoyable it really is to take some time off and just have some...fun.” She chuckled and TJ smiled. She walked closer to him and said, “I hope that after we finally defeat Choen Palm we will have time to do more things like this...like when we were young...” She leaned towards him and kissed him on the forehead as she whispered, then turned around and said, “see you tomorrow TJ. I wish you the best of luck!” Then disappeared into the night leaving TJ alone and dumbfounded.

TJ started on his way back to the fight arena still confused and barely able to walk in a straight line. T-that was a k...k...kiss...right? Did that really just happen? Maybe I’m crazy...He thought then laughed weakly and nearly tripped over his own feet. A clumsy smile made its way on to his face as he straightened himself up and did his best to walk normally. “Gotta get it together.” He said quietly. “Tomorrow we set out. Better get in bed and get as much rest as I can cause we’re gonna be up and out of here pretty early.”
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:18 pm

he next morning came rather quickly; it had felt as if TJ had only slept for a couple minutes before Peorth was inside his tent shaking him and Curt awake. “It is time to rise TJ, we must leave while the night is young.” She said full of her usual calm energy. TJ sat up without even opening his eyes and muttered, “You’re a backwards person Chief.” TJ said She seemed to let that remark slide as she woke up Robo also. TJ and Curt placed their glasses on their eyes and started to get ready to set out, packing away their things and exiting the tent. They packed up the tent and Robo climbed into his MG, then they set out for the Kimara Research Laboratory.

As they passed Elias’ Iris Stone Peorth held out one hand and stopped them. “Leaving by foot will take much too long. Most of Yggdrasil has already set out by this time, and have gone to the many cities across Jienda, so we have a couple days to get there.” Peorth drew a crystal surrounded by small pieces of bronze metal and said, “should there be any stops we need to make, this will cut down the time we spend by travelling greatly.” Peorth said. Su emerged from the crystal tired but awake, and said, “before we head to Elfa, I wanna go to Aoich once more. I wanna see my old boss once more before the time comes for us to settle the score with Choen Palm.” Peorth nodded. “Stay close everyone, I shall take us their immediately.” She said as the crystal lit up. In a bright flash of light all three of them had disappeared.

They appeared in front of the Iris Stone in Aoich and everything was exactly as they had expected. The streets were nearly barren, aside from the occasional adventurer coming and going and those leaving Dark Moon Castle. Nearby stood Tamori with his arms crossed and his eyes wide open, at this time of the day. Su walked over to him and said, “Hey sorry to wake you boss.” He stared blankly at Su for a few moments and said, “Ahh...Trainee Suuba, it has been quite some time since I last saw you.” “It has hasn’t it? I’ve come a long way since then. My magic has improved and I’ve made use of some of the ninja arts you had taught me, with my own spin on them.” He chuckled. “It’s just like you to do something of the sort isn’t it?” She laughed. “Guess so. Still, we’re not here to chat idly. I have big things lying in wait for me. Whether I’ll come back to see you, or whether I’ll come back at all is questionable. So I guess I just wanted to say thanks and stuff...for teaching me and all.” Tamori smiled and replied, “it has been a pleasure being your teacher Suuba.” He held out his hand and Su took it.

After they shook hands Tamori said, “I knew the day would come where you would set out to do great things. A genius girl, adept at magic, physical combat and a natural as a ninja...from the moment I saw you I knew you were special. Though I may be a retired ninja, to be able to train someone of your caliber was quite enjoyable for me too. I’m proud of you Suuba. You did a lot better than any of the other ninjas could in all of Dark Moon Castle. Whatever you’re going off to do, don’t ever show weakness. Strength in confidence!” His eyes began to water and he quickly wiped his tears away. “Come here you...”He said pulling her into a one-arm hug. “Kick some serious ass out there kiddo. I’ll be rooting for you.” Su grinned and said, “thanks Tamori. You can count on it.”

From Aoich the five of them had set out for Elfa preparing themselves for the upcoming battle. TJ asked Su how Tamori learned to sleep with his eyes open and she said it was a ninja trick. The four travelled through the desert for a few days occasionally stopping to eat and rest. The days were sweltering hot and the nights were chilly, but they still pushed on. Their efforts bore fruit as Elfa came into view and they eventually approached it, arriving early in the morning before the sun rose. They stopped near the Traveller’s Bar and Peorth gave them the OK to take a break. She tapped her guild emblem and muttered, “we have arrived in the City of Elfa. Lay the beacon down right out on the entrance to the Labatory and stand back. I would recommend covering your eyes too.”

Peorth began chanting what seemed to be an incantation, and the seal she had shown TJ in the guild room appeared beneath her, lighting up the darkness of the city. She continued chanting and runes started appearing around her, slowly turning in a full circle around her until her chanting stopped, and they shot off into each and every direction. The seal disappeared and Peorth took a deep breath and said, “right, that should make the Instance available to the entire guild. Scouting Team, sync your watches and start the mission in T-minus sixty minutes. Everyone else, you know what to do. We shall be coming shortly.” She turned to the other four resting. “We are approaching our destination. Gear up, and prepare yourselves physically and emotionally. This will be the toughest challenge you have faced yet.”

As they continued on and were about to leave the city of Elfa and pass through the harbour, they heard a familiar voice call out, “hey wait up guys!” Amu quickly ran down the street in a night gown and slippers. “Amu? What are you doing here?” Peorth asked puzzled. “I’m learning medicine from Tetty remember?” A look of realization dawned on Peorth as she made a face that said ‘ah I remember now’. “She reached into her bag and drew three potions, each an unusual shade of orange. “I’ve also been learning a bit of Alchemy from Unas, the potion shop owner. If you take these while in combat you’ll be able to take attacks without being flinched. As for these...” She drew two bright golden potions from her bag. “Totallis Invictus. It is a potion that will temporarily protect you from any kind of harm for a short period of time, be it magical or physical. Or anything else!” She laughed. “I’ve been listening to the guild chats over the past few months so I could stay up to date on what’s going on. I know it isn’t much, but I wanted to help out somehow.”

Peorth took hold of the potions and carefully packed them away into her bag. “Thank you for your support Amu. I am positive these will be of much use in our battle against Choen Palm.” Amu nodded solemnly. The look on her face was serious, but sad. “Chief, everyone, promise me one thing though.” She said looking at all of them. “What would that be?” Peorth asked. “That you will avenge Trinidell when you fight her.” A long silence fell among all of them and Peorth solemnly nodded. Amu hugged everyone before they left and they said their goodbyes and set out once more for their mission.

They crossed the harbour at a steady pace, each of them occasionally taking a glance over at the sea. It really was time...this may have been the last time any of them would see the surface world. In a matter of hours they would be submerged thousands of feet in the sea in an attempt to stop Choen Palm once and for all. TJ, Peorth and Su all seemed to be thinking of the first battle with Choen Palm and the events that had occurred afterwards. Robo and Curt seemed to be deep in thought but about what was not obvious. They all climbed down the ropes at the edge f the harbour and moved step by step through the sand to the beach.

The sound of the waves crashing against the rocks sounded through the area along with the clacking of the crabs’ claws and feet tapping against the ground. While Peorth, Curt, Robo and Su walked down the small hill of sand onto the beaches, TJ walked directly towards a small mound of land with a sword sticking out of it. He knelt down and brushed his hand against the sword and said, “I can feel magic emanating from this. There must be enchantments on it...maybe to stop people from drawing the sword.” He brushed some moss from the sword and looked at it thoughtfully for a while. Peorth glanced at the three and said, “Clear the area of all creatures, and also further down the beach. Leave no Crabs or Sea Stars alive, quickly now.” The three nodded and drew their weapons and quickly set off down the beach.

Peorth climbed the ladder and placed her hand on TJ’s shoulder. “Knowing him, he would not hold a grudge against you for what happened a few years ago. To know that you have chosen good over evil and are fighting to protect Jienda would make him proud. He lived for many people and causes, and would have died for all of them. He really cared for you almost as if the two of you were joined by the hip. There was hardly a moment where he was not talking about you TJ. Though it may be difficult for you now, someday your memories of him and the past you had will come back to you.” She held out one hand and TJ took it, getting to his feet with the help of Peorth. “Be strong TJ. We shall make it through this trial, and shall return together.” TJ smiled and said, “thanks Chief. Even I’m starting to believe it.”

The two set out after the others and met up at the docks for the Priring submarine. “I apologize for coming at such an usual time Tonio. Thank you for awaiting our arrival though.” Tonio waved his hand and said, “Think nothing of it Ms. Peorth. This is my job, and to help out the Cerebians when they need assistance is the pleasure of any Atlantian. Now please, feel free to board, one at a time.” Su entered the crystal as TJ climbed up first and carefully climbed down into the submarine. Curt and Robo followed afterwards and Peorth gave Tonio a short bow before she followed also. She shut the hatch and climbed down, then started it up. The submarine rumbled and shook then slowly began to submerge itself in the water and set off into the dark depths of the sea.

Curt sat against the edge of the sub making a rhythm by slapping his knees while Robo seemed to be maintaining his MG. Su was standing somewhere nearby and seemed to be deep in concentration and Peorth was watching the submarine’s control panel. TJ looked out the window reminiscing of the time he had come here and was nearly killed by Yuta. “Hey Chief...” TJ said glancing out the window still. She had not taken her eyes off of the control panel but still answered, “hmm?” TJ glanced in her direction for a few moments and said, “You probably know about how Yuta tried to kill me here right? It was pretty weird ‘cause I was sure he did, but I had suddenly woken up in Atlantis perfectly fine.” Peorth finally took her eyes off of her work and said, “ah that...actually, I had foresaw Yuta attempting to kill you sooner or later, so I had Kooh follow you for a short period of time.”

TJ looked puzzled but also bothered by this statement. “So...you mean...Kooh rescued me from that deep underwater? That’s nuts! How did she even manage that?” Peorth half-smiled and replied, “That is a Cerebian secret!” She then turned back to the control panel and monitored the sub’s statistics. “Not funny...” TJ said in a sulky tone. The ship sifted through the water and eventually a massive dome containing the underwater city came into view.
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:19 pm

Tomorrow I'm gonna put in as much time as necessary to finish this off. Got the hardest parts out of the way finally lol. So many characters and so many places...almost there ^^. See you then, then I'll be off.
    Suuba
    Suuba

Post  Suuba Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:30 am

new parts are pretty cool.
    but i couldn't imagine peorth to wear pink lol
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:15 pm

I got the idea from the stories section lol. She actually did wear pink in one of her stories. And I finally finished Frequency! I'm so happy. and tired.gonna post it and sleep,.
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:17 pm

A small hallway-like docking area protruded from the dome itself like a sink’s tap. The Submarine approached it from below and attached itself to the opening. The hatch for the sub released and Peorth said, “good, we are free to exit. Quickly now everyone, there is no time to waste.” One by one the five of them climbed the ladder and lifted themselves on to the platform on the inside of the hallway. They climbed a short group of stairs and dashed down another flight of stairs to the inside of the city. They continued on down the street, TJ taking occasional glances at the places he once passed by and setting off into the abyss ruins.

The area was exactly as TJ had remembered it; the massive machines further into the ruins and the bright lights they emitted-the sickening yellow-green colour of everything around him, and the creatures that surrounded the area...TJ stared down the strange jellyfish creatures hopping along the ground beneath them. “Everyone, you know what must be done.” Peorth said pointing forward. Curt and Robo jumped down first, Curt drawing his dagger while Robo readied his MG’s weapons. Peorth and Su followed after drawing their weapons and TJ last, charging a spell. Curt drew three knives with his free hand and tossed them down on his unsuspecting enemies, then drew four daggers and pinned the grells ahead of him to the ground. Robo came crashing down and skidded to a halt knocking them aside and drawing his rocket launcher to fire four shots and blow them away.

Peorth quickly rushed down three grells dashing in with one skilled spin gathering them together and easily setting her up for three stab attacks, taking down her enemies. Su punched the ground creating an ongoing fissure that shattered under the approaching grells and throwing them into the air. With a wave of her hand two rising dragons shot up and pushed her enemies further into the air. The instant they began to descend, six arrows of light collided with them blowing them away. “Didn’t need the help.” Su said with a grin. “But I gave it anyway. Let’s keep moving.” TJ retorted and led the group forward.

Half fish, half seahorse creatures with bright orange mans quickly approached the five and in a series of magical and powerful physical attacks they were dealt with. “This way!” Peorth called back to them leading them up a flight of stairs that led down a different path from the ground floor. Massive screws drilled into the ground beneath the platform they stood on and those ahead of them were the only things that stood between them and a horde of Hippocampus. “Do not bother with them, we will spend more time and energy fighting them then we have to waste.” Peorth said leaping to the next platform and continuing on with the others following behind. They had finally reached the final stetch before they could enter the Kimara Research Laboratory, and what stood between them were the Coralas. TJ held on tightly to the screw between him and the path they need to take and glared down at them. “Hate those things...so much!” He growled. “Personal vendettas will have to wait until after TJ. We do not have much time.” Peorth said checking her watch. They quickly climbed down a nearby ladder and leapt off of it to the platform running and/or jumping over the two Coralas that crept across it.

They had finally reached the entrance to the Laboratory, somewhat tired but with enough energy and pure willpower to push onwards. Peorth stood in front of the gate looking into the blue swirling energy that led to the inside of the Laboratory. “This is it everyone. Once we enter we must push our way to the top. Most of the giants should already be defeated by the other members of Yggdrasil, but those who have not defeated their enemies will need our aid. It will only get more difficult from here, so if you feel that you cannot go on, feel free to join another team. We shall find a replacement along the way.” Peorth explained. “I’m ready for anything.” TJ said sternly. “Quit? Pfft yeah right.” Su snorted. “There’s no way I could pass up the chance to fight Choen Palm. Been waiting forever for this fight!” Curt said enthusiastically. “Wherever Curt is, I’m there.” Robo stated. “I expected no less from any of you.” Peorth said proudly. “Yggdrasil, move out!”

They appeared inside and looked around the area. It was exactly as TJ remembered, and as empty as he remembered also. The five of them leapt down off the platform they stood on and rushed ahead to the next. “Wait!” TJ shouted. The other four turned back and TJ walked over towards one of the cord pillars holding up the platforms above them. “This is...Trini’as hat...” TJ said lifting up the yellow mage hat. Beside it rested a Wandering Oasis and a small book. TJ lifted the book and flicked through the pages looking at passages of what seemed to be a diary.

Today I’ll be starting my first adventure...decided to study bows...Atlantis had been found along with the Abyss Ruins, Kimara Research Laboratory and Class Upgrade Center...became a gunslinger...can’t remember much about what happened recently. I remember a boy with a guitar...

“What’s this...? TJ asked himself carefully running his finger across the page reading the words as carefully as he could:

I woke up in the City of Atlantis. Apparently I was found unconscious inside the Abyss Ruins. My memory is so fuzzy...I remember a boy with a guitar, and also some weirdo woman with a crossbow saying something about God Ah’s family and some boy being the means to find it. Then there was a giant tree...and an army of something. I also remember falling...but where was I falling from? Maybe it was just a dream...but if possible, I need to find that boy. I could be wrong, but I think that woman put me under some kind of spell. My memories are all fuzzy and my body has just been kind of acting on it’s own for...I don’t even know how long. Better I avoid meeting her a second time...going into the Laboratory was a big mistake. But if I find that boy again, I want to find him, and find out what happened at that time...but also to thank him, because something in me says...that my life belongs to him.

TJ looked puzzled but melancholic. “I...I don’t understand...if I really was that boy in the memory on Yggdrasil, and Trini wanted to stay by me, why did he fight me? And this flower...must mean he passed away...but did I do this?” Peorth stood over TJ and said, “TJ when you entered the Laboratory and met him, I believe the reason he fought you was not because he wanted to kill you, but that he wanted to make you realize that becoming evil was the wrong way to go. He wanted to save you, and protect Yggdrasil along with the one he loved...Amu. What happened in Elfa made him think that you and Choen Palm were working together, and he wanted to stop you by playing the anti-hero. Ultimately, it was the cause of his untimely end by the hands of Choen Palm herself. Ah, I believe this is for you.” Peorth picked up a small piece of paper and handed it to TJ. It was a note in a girl’s handwriting that said:

He would have wanted you to have them

TJ placed the diary in his bag and looked at the hat with a stern curiosity. He removed his and placed the other on his head, but felt nothing. “Weird...I’m not acting all funny like Trini had when he wore this hat.” Peorth lifted the hat off his head and put it on her own and said, “have you ever considered that the magic is not in the item, but the man himself?” TJ looked at Peorth then at his own feet solemnly. “Maybe it was not the fact that he acted unusual because of his attire, but it was his means to become close to you? Nevertheless, the past will be the past. We must push forward.” TJ nodded and said, “right. Let’s keep going.”

The Kimara Research Laboratory seemed more like the Kimara Research Tower, in TJ’s opinions. The cord pillars carried them higher and higher as they ran, jumped and climbed ladders further upwards towards their goal. Tired but still willing, they pushed forward continuously without rest until they met one of Yggdrasil’s members. He was a young man with a skin complexion lighter than TJ’s, dark brown eyes and wind-swept icy blue hair. He wore a blue jacket with leather jeans, blue sneakers and a white leopard print hat. “He was leaning against one of the cord pillars and waved to them as they passed by. “Hey guys, how you holding up?” He asked with a weak grin. “Ken...are you alright?” Peorth asked looking at him with concern. “I”m fine...I’m fine don’t worry! Just got a bit beat up by some of the giants so I told everyone else to go on ahead. I’m gonna rest a little more so you guys go on too.” Peorth nodded and led her team onwards.

They continued to traverse the Laboratory further and further up after running down a hallway and up a flight of stairs that led further up in the Laboratory. Loud sounds echoed throughout the area and the shouts of people could be heard above them. “Quickly everyone! They may need our help!” Peorth said to the four with her. They quickly climbed up a nearby ladder to a higher platform and saw some of their guild mates fighting a giant. It stood at least fifteen to twenty feet high(according to TJ’s guess) and was armed with massive bronze armour (big enough to fit a giant) and a massive red hammer brimming with heat. The giant itself was red with scars across it’s balding head, and face, with shaggy brown hair forming a beard, massive eyebrows and angry yellow eyes.

Three people sat on a platform across from where the giant stood, quite frankly beat up and possibly unable to fight. The first was a boy who wore an outfit similar to what TJ wore when he was in Belos, with a Sphinx’s headgear, white boots with golden wings on them and a pair of white gloves. He had large golden eyes and white wind-swept hair like Ken’s, and tightly gripped a spear at his side. The second guy wore solid black armour with matching horns and he carried a broadsword with a design similar to a pyramid. He had pale skin, spiky blonde hair and crimson red eyes. The third was a girl with a bride’s veil, a black and white striped tank top, pink shorts, bandaged legs, bear slippers, and panda gloves. She had pale skin with large brown eyes and a kiss mark in red lip stick on her cheek. All three of them were fairly beat up, and had quite a few burns and bruises on them.

“Are all of you okay?” Peorth asked. “Somehow, but I think we’re at our limit.” The first boy answered. “We shall take it from here then.” Peorth said. “TJ, I leave the initiation in your hands.” TJ nodded and leapt to where his allies stood and held out his hands. His mana began to gather and above the giant a thunder cloud quickly appeared. “Thunder strike!” TJ shouted, and a massive bolt of thunder crashed down upon the giant causing it to flinch and stop for a few moments. “Noq guys go!” TJ began to charge another spell and the three others quickly ran over leaping to where it stood and attacking from all directions. Su jumped onto it’s knee and leapt onto the head, running across the arm and slowly freezing the hammer, while Curt and Robo viciously attacked it’s legs. Su drew her dagger and plunged it into the giant’s arm after freezing the hammer completely to it’s hand, then started to drag it along towards the neck. The creature snapped out of it’s short stun peiod and started to flail it’s arms and constantly move around to chase away it’s attackers.

The onslaught continued and TJ shouted, “Cover your eyes!” He held out both his hands and shouted, “Sun burst!” A light appeared before him and constantly grew brighter than exploded in one massive flash and disappeared, blinding the giant. The creature groaned and stumbled around unable to see and keep it’s balance from the weight of it’s hammer and edged towards the end of the platform. “Aim for the legs and push it off!” Peorth shouted as Su quickly jumped down and created a massive stone slab. “Got it.” She answered. “Leave it to us.” Robo said. Su punched the slab shattering it to pieces and releasing an Earth Dragon while Robo quickly approached it and punched it three times in the other leg with his MG. The creature stumbled backwards and fell off the platform to a clumsy death. “Thanks guys.” The girl said. Peorth gave her a nod and climbed the ladder upwards towards where Choen Palm was.
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:18 pm

They continued further up, more exhausted than before and out of breath. Up another flight of stairs and what seemed to be an endless amount of ladders they went on and heard the sounds of battle continuing on. “Watch out for that gust!” One voice said. “I’ll grab it’s attention so attack from beh-ooh...you okay?” They climbed one more ladder and the roof of the Laboratory came into view, but as they climbed they could see three people fighting another giant. “We must help them!” Peorth said quickly climbing on to the platform above them, leaping to another and jumping right down into the battle.

The three people below them were Kooh, another girl named, Rai, and a boy named Klone. Rai wore a red sports bra-like top and red shorts. She also wore pointed black boots. She had long silver hair, bright blue eyes and carried two swords. Klone wore a violet ski hat covering his silver hair, a ninja’s face mask, green camo pants, and white boots. He was shirtless, revealing past battle scars and fresh wounds from the current battle. The others quickly jumped down and TJ started to heal their wounds while the others engaged the giant. The giant itself was green, with long golden hair and a beard, bright yellow eyes and wind markings all over it’s body. It wore blue shorts, two bronze bangles on it’s wrists with feathers sticking out from them, bandages on it’s feet and it carried a massive fan

With one mighty swing from the fan the giant blew a gust of wind powerful enough to blow them all away and place cuts across their bodies.TJ blocked his face with his hands and said, “Looks like I’m gonna need a new outfit.” He groaned. Rai stood on her feet and stretched, then drew her blades from their case and said, “That’ll do TJ, thanks. Go help out Klone.” TJ waved him over and Rai immersed herself in the battle along with everyone else. Peorth stood behind the giant spinning her spear and rapidly taking stabs at it while Rai and Curt attacked from the front, skillfully dodging it’s attacks and keeping it’s focus off of TJ. Su and Kooh rained ice needles and hail stones upon it’s head without rest throwing the creature off balance. TJ finished healing Klone and he quickly drew his shield and dagger, then joined in the battle.

“How about you Kooh?” TJ called to her. “I’m okay! Just help us bring this guy down.” TJ augmented Peorth, Rai’s and Klone’s weapons then started charging Arrows of Light and firing them from a safe distance. “We need a strong magical attack to bring it down. We’ve lowered it’s defenses but this will not be enough.” Peorth said to the group. “I think the Frozen Mallet and Icy Hand spell should do the job. Shall we Kooh?” Su asked. “Gladly.” Kooh answered in turn. Peorth thrusted her spear into the giant’s back and climbed up onto it’s neck taking swings at it’s head and buying Su and Kooh time for their incantation. The giant twisted and turned swatting at Peorth as she stopped attacking and tightly held on, then finally got thrown off. “Chief!” TJ shouted. “I am fine! I will be back very soon!”

As the giant turned back around ready to take a swing at all of them, everyone had already backed off and a giant icy hand levitated before it, grabbing the fan and pulling it out of the giant’s hands. It hit the giant across the face with it, then tossed it aside far off into the Laboratory. Kooh moved her hand and the Frozen Mallet rose from the ground and was gripped by the Hand. Su lifted her hand and brought it downwards, the massive icy hand following suit and crashing over the giant’s head. The creature toppled over and fell on it’s back, and fell prey to an onslaught of crushing blows from the hand and it’s mallet, until on the final blow both shattered piercing the giant and finally killing it. Su sighed and wiped the sweat from her forehead while Kooh collapsed to her knees and chuckled. “That takes care of that...now for the big boss.” Su said glancing up where they once were. “All of you will need to jump down here if you would like to return to the top!” Peorth shouted to them and waved from a set of cords with a ladder. Robo, Curt and Su easily jumped over one at a time and landed carefully then climbed up

“It is your turn TJ! Make sure to take a long jump, not a high one!” Peorth shouted to him. TJ swallowed hard and took a deep breath. He started to run and leapt, but looked down and felt his heart skip a beat. As he landed he lost his footing and quickly fell but managed to stay up thanks to Peorth grabbing his hand. She slowly pulled him up and let him rest for a few moments as he caught his breath. “God that was terrifying...thought I was a goner...” TJ said guilty but gratefully. “TJ you must be careful. If you cannot fly a fall like that will kill you.” Peorth said sternly as she climbed the ladder. “Right...fly...death...” TJ said nervously following behind her.

They climbed up and leapt across the platform, then jumped to the next one and stood before a tall gate with a swirling darkness inside of it. “It is time for the final battle. You have all done very well, and now it is time to really put yourselves to the test. Choen Palm has likely been expecting us, but has not put up any further protection to stop us from entering. It seems that she is expecting and looking forward to an inevitable battle. Su, I know how able you are with magic, so once i unlock the advancement stage of TJ’s transformations, do not hold back in fear for my safety.” Peorth explained. Su nodded solemnly in turn. “Curt and Robo, as much as you can keep an onslaught of attacks coming. Do as much as you can to prevent Choen Palm from attacking.” The two nodded and Peorth finally turned to TJ.

“TJ, I know this will be most difficult for you. You will be transforming into your first Cerebian form for the first time, and it may be somewhat alarming, but there is no need to be afraid. During that time, a connection shall be formed between us. We shall share pain, mana, a limited set of abilities and you and Su will have to co-operate for the usage of your wings. When in their full form, you will be able to jump and give yourself an extra boost similar to a double jump. You can also use them to glide. Those who have the wings will be gain a power boost, and they can be switched to the other at any point in time. Lastly, no matter how hurt I am do not take your focus off of Choen Palm! Whatever happens I shall be fine. She is your target, and you should not let anything stand in your way. The time has come for us to fight. Yggdrasil, move out.”

They entered an area that looked completely different from the rest. A long corridor that allowed you to see nearly everything in the Laboratory, and far off in the distance there was a massive test tube filled with all sorts of creatures, coral and other underwater plant life, and even unconscious humans. Where they stood was but a short strip of land, connected to another by a pink bridge with all sorts of data flowing through it. At the other end stood Choen Palm, her crossbow in hand and a smirk well suited to her on her face. “I see you have come to me boy. It saves me the trouble of having to search for you. Now be a good child and come to me so we can kill these fools and claim the Heart of Yggdrasil.” She said to TJ.

Peorth walked in front of TJ and held one hand in front of him as she said, “TJ will not be going anywhere. He has made his decision, and he shall be fighting alongside myself and the Cerebians. Now stand down before we must resort to force.” Choen Palm looked alarmed then smirked again. “Peorth Emeria Asgard...we meet again. I thought you had died and disappeared when I had my forces attack Yggdrasil. Seems I had taken you too lightly. But no matter, taking you down with my own hands would be much more fun. After taking you down and crushing your small band of merry men, I shall reclaim the boy and put him through extensive training until he understands his place.” She said calmly. When Choen Palm said that TJ could hear the sound of Frequency in his mind and tightly gripped his ears as it faded. The memory of the boy he saw being tortured flashed in his mind for a few moments then disappeared.

“You...you were the one who did that...I should have known from the beginning! I’ll make you pay for everything you’ve done Choen Palm...for Trini, for Yggdrasil and it’s inhabitants, for Su and Moran, and for...the me of the past.” Choen smiled evilly and shouted, “let’s see you try it boy!” She raised both her arms and they were covered in a black substance that looked like a black hole. As she lowered them two massive circles with the same substance opened up where they all stood before they dodged out of the way. As their eyes darted in Choen Palm’s direction, she already held the gem she had high up and finished a short incantation. “Awaken the Tyrant of the Maelstrom! On my command!” She shouted as the gem lit up a deep purple and TJ’s followed suit.

Peorth drew her gem from her top and said, “Dispel the darkness! Under my jurisdiction!” TJ’s gem turned it’s normal colour and TJ sighed with relief. Peorth pointed towards Choen Palm and commanded, “Su, Curt, Robo, attack her and buy us some time! I’m going to begin the ritual now!” The three quickly dashed towards Choen and attacked. Robo started throwing punches with his MG but Choen Palm quickly dodged them and leapt on to his Mg. She kicked him in the face and back flipped off of it, barely avoiding Curt’s knife and landing behind him, aiming her crossbow at his back. Three Ice needles fell in her location and she quickly stepped aside gliding towards Su and engaging her in close combat.

All around Peorth seals and runes appeared as she chanted, and TJ was knelt facing her inside of the seals’ range. Su drew her dagger and started taking rapid swings at Choen Palm while dodging attacks aimed at her. Choen Palm fought Su off with one hand while firing off her crossbow at Curt and Robo keeping both on the defensive. Su leapt back and placed both hands on the ground, and massive ice spikes shot up from the ground. Choen leapt through the air avoiding the attack and Su said, “Gotcha! Rising Twin Dragons!” She shouted standing up and pointing shattering the ice that took the form of two ice dragons and flew towards Choen Palm, colliding and exploding into a massive ice blast. Su looked but could not see her enemy, and quickly turned to meet Choen Palm behind her with another charged black hole attack

“Oh no you don’t!” Robo shouted quickly pressing the controls on his MG as he shouted, “Mistertein go!” A massive robot exactly like the one TJ had seen in his memory of the City of Iron zoomed by as Su leapt out of the way and cut Choen Palm, it stopped swinging it’s broadsword once more and cut her again, then flew away. She stopped her casting and aimed at the robot as it flew away and fired a single shot. As the robot flew there was an explosion and pieces of the robot rained down through the air. “Okay now you’ve pissed me off!” Robo shouted dashing towards and sliding in front of her attacking with his wheels. He started taking swings again then fell backwards and spun the wheels almost close enough to hit her. The MG leapt back up and fell forward slamming the ground and creating an upwards electric wave which Choen Palm took, but came out unscathed.

Robo growled angrily and drew his rocket launcher firing shots down towards her then shouted, “Ash Cannon!” Another robot flew down towards them, exactly like what TJ had seen in the City of Iron, and uncovering a machine gun between two shields. Choen Palm quickly glided backward right into a water prism Su created and fell inside. The robot fired and continued to do so, each bullet clearly making contact with Choen Palm but none seemed to have any effect. Curt leapt from above and tossed daggers down, landing and throwing three more as the prism lost effect and she broke free. “Now it’s my turn to have some fun.” She aimed her crossbow and fired two shots which Curt and Robo dodged, then turned to Su and fired one shot, immediately turned to Curt before he could finish his dodge and fired a shot at him and Robo. Curt was just barely grazed by the crossbow bolt while Robo blocked it and received a dent in his MG.
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:19 pm

“What’s with her...” Curt said tightly gripping his bleeding arm. “We’re hitting her with everything we’ve got but nothing is having an effect!” Su charged her mana and fired ten Arrows of Light as she said, “It doesn’t matter, just keep attacking until she’s dead!” Choen Palm dodged the spells and fired bolts down on them again. She landed and snapped her fingers, and missiles shot up from the area beneath them and collided with the ground beneath them engulfing them in a series of explosions. They coughed and waved their hands trying to clear away the smoke, but fell prety to Choen Palm’s black hole attack. The spell gave a feeling that felt as if the body of the target was being torn apart from every possible part of their body, and left a searing pain as they disappeared.

Choen stood above them tossing a grenade up and down and catching it with a smirk on her face. “It’s time to silence the three of you. You won’t stand in my way any longer.” Just as she was about to pull the pin a bright light was emitted from where TJ stood as Peorth shouted, “Under my Jurisdiction! By the power of the Cerebians I beseech you! Awaken! Guide this world in this time of darkness and return it to the light! Messenger of Light!” The seals quickly spun around the two as they emitted a blinding light and TJ’s wings spread out from his back. A powerful blue mana surrounded him as his hair turned snow white and his eyes turned bright blue. In an instant TJ disappeared and appeared beside Choen Palm with his fist colliding with her face as he brought her to the ground and shocked her with a bolt of thunder emitted from his punch.

TJ leapt backwards and held out one hand, lifting his allies to their feet and healing their wounds. Su’s hair and eyes changed colour as a small pair of wings appeared on her back and she gained mana similar to TJ’s. “This feels...amazing! I feel so energetic!” Su shouted looking at her hands. Choen palm stood on her feet as her hair brushed against her face. She spat blood into her hand and picked up something from the palm of her hand, holding it for all of them to see. “Do you see this?” She said. TJ took a closer look and what was in her hand was a bloody tooth. “I’ll make you suffer something one hundred times worse than this, for what you did!” She tossed the tooth aside and quickly dashed towards TJ.

She threw messy angry punches as TJ backed off while blocking each punch, then he finally grabbed her hand and Su dashed from behind her as she said, “Resolute Blast!” Choen palm was launched forward and tumbled across the ground in a blast of light mana. “You’re getting sloppy!” Su sneered as TJ stared down his enemy. Choen Palm stood on her feet and charged her black holes again, but Su had already dashed to her location and grabbed both of her arms and shouted, “Decisive Smite!” A bright light was emitted from her hands as Choen Palm stopped casting giving Su the opportunity to punch her in the stomach dash behind her and fire fifteen Arrows of Light directly at her. Choen palm stumbled forwards and turned back towards Su firing off her crossbow but missing her shots. Curt tossed three knives into her back and dashed right by her cutting her side.

Though the attacks did not leave marks they knew they were getting to her. TJ glanced back at Peorth with a worried expression and Peorth said, “I am fine TJ. I just need some rest. Doing that ritual takes a lot out of the proxy.” TJ nodded and glanced back at Choen Palm standing up and furiously firing her crossbow, anger etched into every crease in her face. TJ held out one hand and said, “Dawning Day.” Above Choen Palm a large ball of light appeared in vision and quickly came down upon her. She quickly dodged aside and avoided the explosion of light it created leaving burn marks on the bridge where she once was. TJ enchanted Curt with a physical attack buff and one for Robo on his MG as they continued to attack Choen. Curt ran circles around her throwing knives and daggers, and occasionally bombs while Robo kept her fire focused on himself.

“Enough of this!” She shouted snapping her fingers once more. Missiles shot up from beneath them and descended to where they stood, everyone quickly fleeing in different directions to avoid the attacks. The sound of coughing sounded throughout the smoke and a yell of pain could be heard through it. “Curt!” TJ shouted as he waved the smoke out of his face. “I’m...I’m alright. That bitch shot me in the hand though.” Robo yelled shortly afterwards and the sound of his MG hitting the ground followed after. The smoke began to clear and TJ could see both his allies fairly hurt. Robo’s MG was collapsed to the ground and emitting static with Robo lying near it and a crossbow bolt through his shoulder. Curt was leaning against the platform where Peorth was resting with a bloody hand under his shoulder. Curt laughed weakly and said, “she got my weapon-wielding hand. Too bad I’m not a lefty.”

TJ searched around and saw Choen Palm dusting off her clothes as she said, “that should even things out somewhat. Those two were quite obnoxious. This is between you and me boy. As for her...” Her eyes glanced in Su’s direction. “I’ll take care of her later.” TJ glared at her and said, “you won’t be doing anything of the sort.” She smiled and chuckled. “Oh really now, will you be the one to stop me?” TJ held out his hand and Arrows of Light appeared all around him. “Thirty Arrows of Light!” He shouted sending them forward towards her. She stepped and dodged out of the way of most but was occasionally grazed by some, and Su used the opportunity to get close enough to wrap her arms around Choen Palm and pull her into a suplex.

Choen Palm quickly lifted her self off the floor and fired her crossbow at Su but missed as Su dodged to the side and summoned three massive icicles above Choen Palm. She raised her hand and created one of the black holes above her which were also dodged. TJ leapt above her and aimed to stomp on her face but missed again and was shot in the leg. He groaned and quickly pulled the bolt out, then stopped the bleeding and attempted to stave off the pain. Choen palm leapt to her feet and started firing at the two but did not prove successful. Su quickly dashed in and punched her in the stomach, winding her and dashed behind her. She elbowed her in the back causing her to stumble forward into a straight punch from TJ. Su put her in a full nelson and TJ activated his Brute Force.

TJ followed his punches mercilessly with more and continued to do so. What he did not know though, was that Choen was charging her black hole attacks and placed one right where he stood. He was pulled it and was constantly taking damage, and in the heat of the moment she threw Su over her head into it and the two were thrown back. Choen Palm aimed her crossbow at Curt and he quickly took notice of it, throwing a knife awkwardly with his left hand and managing to intercept the shot. “Shit...” She muttered not noticing she was caught in a binding spell by Su. She was trapped in a prison of light and Su was charging a spell. “Gotcha.” She said stretching both hands out and shouting, “Lucent Dissonance!” All around her sparks of lightning and searing hot mana emerged and assaulted Choen Palm.

The spell faded and Choen Palm stumbled forth but did not give up. She held one hand out and the black hole substance seeped out and quickly wrapped itself around TJ and tightly squeezed him while lifting him in the air, and she aimed her crossbow at Su then began taking shots. Su dashed forward preparing more Arrows of Light but Choen Palm placed TJ in the way and Su had no choice but to stop the spells. “You won’t hurt the boy now will you child?” Su looked at Choen Palm apathetically and said, “let’s see about that.” She held out one hand and began chanting, then said, “Radiance!” TJ began to emit a bright light that cause the substance from Choen Palm to light up and slowly disperse inching towards her. “What’s this?” TJ said looking at himself and the brilliant light he gave off. “Protective and offensive spell. Gives your attacks light damage and deals extra damage to any enemies who are dark. Also gives you protection from certain attacks.” Su quickly explained. “Now go get her!

TJ rushed Choen Palm with a barrage of attacks, drawing his guitar and quickly augmenting it rapidly swinging as Choen dodged. She blocked one of his attacks with her arm and it singed her clothes and a portion of her arm distracting her. With another mighty swing TJ hit her across the face and flung her backwards to where she started. She placed one hand to her cheek as she started to stand again and glared at TJ with a portion of her cheek horribly burned. “Hope you like your flesh burnt.” TJ snorted. Choen Palm raised both of her hands and the substance appeared again, but this time it fired a stream of small purple balls that shot up into the air and quickly descended down upon TJ. In the instant before it collided with him Su stood before him holding out both hands creating a golden shield that absorbed all of the attacks and fired powerful bolts of light towards Choen palm.

Each made contact and Choen palm’s anger seemed to be rising. “You...you are the reason this boy is still able to fight! If you are out of the picture than this will not be a problem...” She glided towards the two and TJ created a seal in front of him to protect himself. Choen Palm reached towards him and her hand was immersed in a dark mana that quickly bypassed the shield and she began to choke him even with Radiance still in effect. TJ tightly grabbed onto her arm and the sound of her flesh being burnt was clearly noticeable but she still continued holding her hand out towards the approaching Su. In a matter of seconds a pool of dark energy appeared in front of Su as she ran forward and hands rose out of it and grabbed onto her legs.

Choen Palm was in pain but still used her free hand to charge another spell. Was she going to use a black hole or one of the other spell she had used previously? The sphere on her hand grew larger by the second and eventually grew larger than she was, then fired a stream of dark mana that covered Su and launched her back causing Peorth to jump out of the way. Su was plastered to the wall in a mass of the strange substance and her reattached arm throbbed painfully. “Even if you escape my spell, that arm of yours won’t do you any good child. You were foolish to use the Contemptuous Arts with such little understanding of the consequences. Choen Palm threw TJ aside and he coughed violently as he got to his feet. She looked at her burned arm with disgust and shook her head.

“You’ve come a long way, and become quite brave to willingly come to fight me boy. But it was a foolish mistake you had made challenging me. Your allies are worn out and wounded, and you have no one to protect you. All I need is one arm to defeat you. Even without my second arm I have no doubts in my mind that I will defeat you.” Choen palm stated. “Even without my allies, I know I’ll be fine. I’ve trained hard with the Chief for this, and not for a moment will I doubt my skills or my ability to turn the tides of this battle in my favour. I have good friends behind me, I have their power on my side, and I will protect them no matter what it takes. You won’t stand in my way.” Choen Palm smirked and said, “show me what you can do boy! Make this battle worth my time!”

TJ held out his hands and said, “fifty Arrows of Light!” Summoning them one after the next TJ pointed to Choen Palm and attempted to strike her down i a barrage of attacks. She leapt back and created a black hole quickly sucking all of them in. TJ spread his wings and leapt towards her, she quickly aimed her crossbow and fired but missed as TJ jumped once more and dove down towards her catching a bolt in his left arm but still tackled her to the ground and tightly gripped his hand to her face in an attempt to burn and suffocate her. He gripped her face as she held his arm with both hands and created a small black hole where she held onto constantly hurting TJ. He switched hands and shouted, “silence!” Her spell lost it’s effect and TJ continued.

Choen Palm began punching his left arm mercilessly, until she finally grabbed hold and hit it in such a way TJ lost his balance and fell on top of her. She quickly flipped him over and gripped his neck with her right hand as she hit him across the face with her left with weak punches that probably hurt her more than they hurt him. When the silence finally wore off she held one hand above his face and said, “End of the line boy!” TJ grabbed hold of her left arm and started to burn through the muscle with his Radiance, then kicked her off as she flinched and grabbed her leg and threw her into the air. He jumped, double jumped, and grabbed onto her legs with both arms and brought her down with two flips, slamming her against the bridge they fought on.

Still holding on TJ spun her around and threw her upwards, then raised one hand and shouted, “Righteous Might!” From where he stood a pillar of light shot straight upwards and burned Choen Palm, and she quickly came crashing down as TJ fell to one knee and breathed heavily. TJ doubled over and started to cough and wheeze. “TJ, the Radiance is constantly using your mana. If you remove the spell it will not take so much out of you.” Peorth tried to hide it but with their mana constantly being drained it was hard to hide it. Choen Palm still stood to her feet, bloody, burned and beaten up she smiled with a hysterical look in her eyes as she smirked and spit another tooth aside.

Now I’ve got you boy...now I’ve got you right where I want you. Look at you...down and looking so pathetic.” TJ looked up at her through his only good eye because his other was large and puffy along with a few other bruises and burns on his face. “I’m going to end this now boy. PREPARE TO DIE!” She whistled, and mines fell from a hatch in the roof above the bridge where they stood and Choen Palm lifted up a grenade launcher she seemed to have been saving for this moment. As the mines fell above TJ’s head he knew it was over, and closed his eyes accepting what was to come solemnly.

In a series of explosions TJ was in the middle of, fire and smoke billowed from where he was and Choen Palm laughed hysterically as Curt, Robo, and Su looked devastated. “I’VE DONE IT! I’VE DEFEATED HIM! THIS WORLD SHALL BELONG TO ME!” Su shook her head and said, “there’s no way TJ’s dead. He and I still share a contract, and so long as I’m alive I’ll be able to tell his condition. You didn’t do shit.” As the smoke began to clear, in the midst of it something stood. Four massive feathered wings rested against the ground and moved away revealing Peorth standing over TJ and tightly holding onto him as the wings retracted and shrunk to a normal size. “TJ are you okay?” Peorth asked. “Yeah, thanks to you Chief.” TJ answered. Choen Palm looked absolutely furious. “There’s no way...how did she...no...no matter...I shall destroy you! I shall destroy both of you! No one shall stand in my way!”

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:37 am