Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
MoranZee
Suuba
Toejam
7 posters

Frequency

AmuXChans
    AmuXChans

Frequency - Page 7 Empty Re: Frequency

Post  AmuXChans Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:49 am

think of me inspireding u =] remember try your best and even if every1 treats u wrong cuz of your drawing just keep doing it and youll get it ^^
    Suuba
    Suuba

Post  Suuba Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:50 am

oh okay then XD
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:37 am

You know,the other day I met a real writer named Ben Akre. Either it was Ben or Dan...i kinda forgot. But anyway, he taught us all about how he became a writer and how he finds material to write. To create a character, he just bases them off everyday people he meets and talks to, and for the places he'll go to them and experience them just to write about it.
    Maybe if you find someone or see something, you'll find a bit more inspiration.
    My inspiration is the many people i meet and the world around us. The simple things like a rainy day or someone tripping over their own feet can inspire me ^^. But what inspires me most are the life lessons I've learned over the years. Still got a long way to go though XD
    Suuba
    Suuba

Post  Suuba Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:58 am

problem for me is not alot of things inspire me.. so fail lol =\
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:31 am

Maybe not yet, but in time you'll find things that wil catch your interest. Just don't let anyone tell you that your work is bad. You be the judge of that ^^
    Suuba
    Suuba

Post  Suuba Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:01 pm

oh okay then XD
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:19 pm

Hmm hmm..first test passed today ^^.
    Only have to do the physical test and the interview and i'll be done until the second school semester starts ;3
    AmuXChans
    AmuXChans

Post  AmuXChans Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:39 pm

Tj I believe u can do it i hope u make it! ^^
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:23 pm

Thanks Amu ^^.I'll be working my butt off so i might just make a miracle happen XD
    Suuba
    Suuba

Post  Suuba Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:32 pm

lol hope you make it TJ
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:25 pm

Thanks Su Razz. Practice makes perfect, so i think im gonna do alright.
    On another note,since that part of the test is outta the way im gonna do some catching up on Frequency(gonna try and finish chapter 15 by tonight...or was it 16?) and in LT as often as i can. Hope to see you all again ^^
    AmuXChans
    AmuXChans

Post  AmuXChans Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:12 pm

kk =D <333 ^^.^^ I cant wait to be out of hospital =3
    Suuba
    Suuba

Post  Suuba Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:32 pm

well see you both in LT soon lol. amu, everyone cant wait for you to get out of the hospital XD
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:56 pm

Yeps, be careful until then. You dont wann end up back in there right after you get out XD
    Suuba
    Suuba

Post  Suuba Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:40 pm

lol that would be hell XD
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:53 pm

Ok so...heres what i got done tonight. Had to leave it at a cliffhanger at the climax XD. Sorry about that guys Razz
    I could have gotten more done...but I went out to buy some pocky. Took a while and i wasted a lot of time XD. There might be quite a few faults.
    The rest will likely be finished tommorow, and i'll do a giant discussion for the chapter as i always do ^^. Good news is that i revealed a little back story behind a couple of our characters. Hope you like what you see

Last edited by TJ on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:58 pm

“Alright TJ, here’s your first lesson! Mastery over the Neutrality Frequency.” TJ glanced up at Curt and asked, “Are you saying there’s more than one kind of Frequency?!” Curt nodded in turn and replied, “There are three kinds actually, but there’s no time to explain it. You’re gonna get killed if we wait too long. Now listen, what I want you to do is summon your partner from within you to fight with you.” TJ sighed and said, “Honestly, I have no idea how to do that.” “Just look at me.” Curt told him. TJ looked directly at him as both his pupils seemed to blur and slowly split apart creating one white and one black pupil in each eye. They slowly started to cross over drawing TJ in. At that moment, he knew what to do. He clasped his hands together, lowered his head and closed his eyes. He thought:

Stand by me as my guide and my weapon, and lead me to victory! Frequency!

“That prayer was kind of lame, but it’ll do. Are you ready?”

TJ smiled and replied, “Anytime.” His eyes flashed a jade green, he closed them and opened them again, now shining a bright emerald green. “I can see her...she’s standing right above him. Nice job TJ! Now show me what you can do!” TJ nodded and told Su, “alright so...I have no idea what I’m doing. Think you can lead?” She laughed and replied, “Not like I have a choice, so just sit back and watch.” TJ started moving on his own under Su’s control towards the approaching Nepentheses at an amazing speed. His dagger armed, he soared through the air with grace and speed cutting his enemies down. But then one of them managed to grab his leg...It held him up in the air upside down for a moment giving him enough time to say, “Put me down your overgrown-“ It slammed him head first into the ground and lifted him again. “Oww...your askin’ for it-“ It dropped him again...and again...and again...TJ now a bit dizzy at this point looked back and said, “Su! Do something about this!” She laughed and told him, “You’re no fun.” He grabbed the vine that held him up and cut it, perfectly landing on his feet and dashing towards the creature. Hands clasped together, he brought them down upon its head and shoved the dagger right through it. As two more approached from behind, he back flipped over tossing three daggers down and following up with a masquerade technique. One Nepentheses crept toward him from his left, and another behind him that he didn’t notice. He tossed the dagger to his left hand in an attempt to take out his enemy on the left but got caught off guard by the other. It sat it’s pot-like base on the ground and used it’s vines to hit TJ. He lost his balance for a moment as the other took that chance to do the same. One showed up from his front and from his right sides, having him surrounded, and all taking turns hitting him. “There’s only...so much...Oww! I can take! Su, help me out of this!”

“Of course.”

She chuckled. TJ saw Su’s spirit leap from over him, place her hands on the ground and create a large magic circle. Tree roots sprang up from the ground wrapping themselves around the Nepentheses holding them still. Su ran back into TJ and said,
    “I hope you’re ready to do something pretty wild.”

TJ laughed sheepishly and let Su take over again. “Dual Earth Dragon!”He cried out. He stomped the ground bringing out two blue/green slabs of stone and punched them both, releasing two dragons eliminating the two Nepentheses on the left and right. He reeled his arms back, clenched his fists and leapt up towards the air bringing his arms up in an uppercut-like motion. The ground shattered bringing two dragons from it as TJ cried out, “Rising Dragon!” and landed perfectly, all his enemies had fallen. “W-well...that was...quite a surprise. You can control me better than I can myself.” TJ told Su.

Of course. If I don’t know your attacks how am I supposed to kill you?

“I’ll pretend I didn’t hear that.” TJ said laughing. Curt jumped down and said, “That wasn’t half bad! You two are actually learning to synchronize and use your contract in battle. Your progressing even faster than I expected.” TJ stared at Curt blankly and imagined a plane with a ribbon tied to it labelled, “What he just said” flying over his own head. After that he blinked a couple times and stated, “Truth be told, I didn’t understand a thing you just said.” Curt shrugged and replied, “I’ll explain it a bit on the way.”

They continued to walk and Curt requested, “Hey Su, you wanna come out here a moment?” She stepped out from TJ and walked beside the two. “Do-don’t do that...it’s pretty darn creepy.” TJ told her. She grinned slyly as Curt continued, “you see, what happened at the time Su passed away, was that she technically didn’t die, and she wasn’t supposed to die either, but she actually did choose to. The reason? She became a part of you.” TJ glared at Curt and mumbled, “That’s weird and I don’t get it...” Curt laughed and kept going, “During your fight with Choen Palm you stopped her from finishing her attack when Choen made you use the Sound of Frequency right? At that time, you of course stopped her from taking your life along with her’s and Choen’s. Now what happened after is what’s really cool. Since she could sense the mana that is inside of you, rather than ignoring it and continuing to live the way she would, she chose to merge with you. Pretty wacky right?” “UHH YEAH?” TJ snarled. Curt nodded. “That gem in your chest is where her spirit resides. By using one of the three Frequencies, she can sync with you to enable her to use her power in battle and take form. Also, it prevents you from overloading on power because you can easily lose control like the other situations in the past, including the most recent. Lastly, using her knowledge and power she can loosen the seals on your magic which could unlock the secrets of Frequency...and possibly make the discovery of a lifetime! That gem of yours is something more than a hunk of rock. It would sell for a pretty penny, sure, but it carries more power than you could imagine.” Su smiled and gloated, “I told you I’m the best!” TJ rubbed his arm. “Well...I won’t doubt you on that...but all this is just so sudden. Why did nobody tell me this before?” “Most of them have no idea about any of this.” Curt replied. “But there are a few people that you’ve met along the way who know about your situation. In another way most of the people who DID know are likely dead or missing.” TJ was silent for a moment. “I probably killed them...” He whispered. “So why do you know about this whole thing and all sorts of things not even I know yet? Also my memories...it seems like you’ve been able to tap into my heart and read everything that’s happened up until now.” Curt laughed again and replied, “You know, that’s more or less what I did!” TJ clenched his fists and yelled, “WHAT?!” Curt crossed his arms and nodded. “It’s a bloodline trait I’ve had since I was born. In my bloodline of course...but it’s something not even my ancestors could do. After years of practice I taught myself how to use it in more than one way, and peering into the memories of another person is just one of the many things I can use that for. But it won’t work on anybody...at least, not the way I use it on you.” TJ was in awe. He had nothing else to say. “That’s what makes me the King of Awesome.” Curt finally said. “Is that a challenge?” Su asked him. “Bring it on.” Curt replied. “Whoa whoa whoa! Hold up a second! So if you have some bloodline trait that can do something THAT ridiculous, what kind of miracle of God can she use that can make her do what she does?” TJ asked pointing at Su. “Hmm...lemme’ take a look and see what I can find out.” Curt climbed down from a small break in the rocks and requested that Su sat down there. TJ stood from the sidelines and watched. Curt closed his eyes for a couple seconds and opened them again. It followed the same pattern as what he did with TJ, but once they crossed over, it made a white ring with an inner black circle which brightly shone from the outside. He stood staring at her and neither of them moved for a good...maybe five to ten minutes? Curt finally closed his eyes as they returned to their normal red as he glanced over at TJ over his glasses. “What’s the verdict Mr. Wright?” TJ asked sarcastically. “Su is one of the descendants of the four sages appointed by the Gods, although they are also considered Gods themselves. Coming from a long lineage that led to our modern day society and the mass production of special power in comparison to mana, she is one of the last remaining humans who can use mana. Also, since she is the descendant of the Sage of Earth, Terros, she can use abilities that we may never have even heard of in the records of the spells up to this day.” TJ’s jaw hung as he made quiet groaning noises. “Mmm...She’s quite an interesting person. I guess the details that follow her coming to Jienda is something we’ll find out later.” “I...I...I don’t know what to say...” “Take it all in a bit at a time.” Curt said. Su’s grin grew wider by the second. “Ahh...I don’t understand anything anymore.” TJ smiled. Seems that everything Curt said had broke him. “Guys that can read memories...strange girls that are related to Gods I’ve never heard of...I’m some sort of demon thing with a gem planted in his chest and a descendant of a god in the gem. What is the world coming to?” Curt and Su started laughing. “That’s all I’ll tell you for now man. I think if I say anymore your brain is gonna get fried.” Curt said. “Yeah...I think your right on that one. I’ll need to do some reading up on all this later. You can return to the gem Su. Thanks for all the help!” She nodded and replied, “Just remember you owe me your life for everything I’m doing.” TJ’s face twitched as he chuckled and whispered, “Like hell you can have that!” TJ stretched his arms out and did a few squats to prepare to continue walking. “Ready to go?” Curt asked him. “More or less.” TJ replied with a half smile.

Curt and TJ walked on to the next area where there were a set of four statues. “These kind of remind me of Moai statues. To be honest, I don’t like them too much...but more importantly, you have any idea what we’re supposed to do here?” Curt took out his dagger and did a downward slash, turning the statue clockwise. “Just gotta get these facing the right directions, then we can move on to the next area. “I see. Do you have any idea what directions we need to make them face?” TJ asked. “No idea!” Curt said. He started tossing daggers around, throwing bombs and making random swings causing the statues to rapidly turn. “But anyway, I wanna ask you something. You always talked about the mass production of Special Power and Mana...but what are they?” TJ asked. Curt slowed down what he was doing and started to explain. “A long time ago, a man by the name of Nathan Farrow founded the Kimaira Research Institute. He studied a pure energy called Mana, which was very common, but nobody knew how to use it, next to the Gods. Now Farrow wanted a get rich quick scheme, and the man was a genius, so by using his head he managed to make a cheap spin off of mana that any human could use, that allowed them to use ‘Magic’ creating the birth of the wizards. Now as you can see, it’s one hundred percent artificial magic. He created a crystallized form of this mana, added a few chemicals and turned it into a liquid which he called an SP Potion, short for Special Power Potion. He released the idea to a few other scientists and they loved the idea, after running a few tests on Agasuras that were captured by fighters and paid to hand them over. The test was a success, so they sold the product to various companies. It sold out within days and the demand for it increased. Now anybody could be a god. Of course, the Gods didn’t like the idea of that. Thus, it ended like the Babel tower thing or something like that. Farrow used it as an opportunity to build a new Institute, which is now a laboratory, not an institute F.Y.I. I’m pretty sure somewhere after that, the old man had gone senile. He became insane with power...and old age. Worst part was it was contagious, but the things he spouted will easily get drilled into your mind once he says them, because they still make sense nevertheless. Anyway, the man had to be stopped along with the tests he ran on humans and Agasuras alike, and the beasts he created. You can still see his creations wandering around the Abyss Ruins...his most recent projects are some of the most horrifying. But yeah, that’s more or less it about the whole Mass Production of SP explanation. It was probably lacking a few details, but you got the idea.” Curt hit the fourth and final statue with an upward slash as it turned again and a small jar with a paper charm on it appeared in between the center of the four. It had something in ink written on it, but since it was in characters of another language neither understood it. TJ took off his guitar, held it above the jar and smashed it to pieces. “Was that what we’re supposed to do?” Curt asked him. TJ shrugged and replied, “If I ever find out I’ll tell you...and my grandchildren, if we get out alive.” They both laughed like idiots for a couple seconds. “Hey dude, it’s open.” Curt stated pointing in the direction of the next area. TJ brushed his nails off of his waiter outfit and bragged, “I AM a genius.” Curt snickered and blew off what TJ said with a wave of his hand. “Rabana is likely to be over there. This will be the highlight of my entire mission...fighting alongside a legend to take out another legend. You sure you’re ready to take him on?” Curt asked. TJ brushed a few stray hairs from his eyes and shifted his hat. “Heh, you say I’m a legend but my story is just beginning. He can bring the Rabana-Man-Hammer down on me as many times as he likes, but I’m not going down without a fight. Hope you’re ready Curt.” “Do you even need to ask? Let’s take him down.” Curt unsheathed his dagger and TJ pulled his guitar off his back as they both walked towards the last challenge of Toad Mountain.

The two approached a platform that was held not too high from the ground level. The gravel floor became a steep hill that had a ladder dangling above it leading to another platform floating high above the ground floor. At the end of the path there was a direct drop to reach a lower section of the area. The higher parts consisted of a platform that wasn’t too high above the one with the ladder connected. It had a bridge that was sprawled from that platform to God knows where above TJ and Curt. Further in the bridged platform had a drop towards a lower section and across from it another platform with a fairly steep hill and a ladder that hung somewhat close to the exit. Above these two platforms was another two, all four with a gap in between them that led to the ground floor. All across these strange formations were strange creatures called Lizardmen. They wore large, thick leather coats that were tied at the chest and something that looked like knee pads. They carried oval shaped shields with a large yellow star, and silver short swords. What the lizardmen actually looked like...something that cannot or should not be described. TJ shuddered. “Those things are hideous! Can we...err...not fight them? Just looking at them makes me want to gag.” TJ told Curt. “Yeah they’re just in the way. No matter how many we kill, there’s gonna be more so let’s just hunt down Rabana.” Curt replied. TJ nodded and Curt led by jumping from the platform. TJ climbed down carefully and chased him as he climbed the ladder. There were about four lizardmen patrolling the platform there so Curt watched them carefully and waited for a chance to move. When they approached the left side of it he leapt up and ran far and fast enough to get by. TJ watched intensely and swallowed hard. “I’m gonna screw this up...I’m totally gonna screw this up...” He groaned. He tightly shut his eyes and leapt up to the platform but got his left foot caught in the ladder. TJ feel on his face and quickly sat up looking back as the lizardmen approached. One raised it’s sword and tried to stab TJ but he rolled to the left. “wa wa wah...” He cried shaking. Another tried to get him on the other side but he did the same. “Curt help me!” He cried out. Curt crossed his arms and told him, “Use the power of your Frequency.” TJ frowned and stood up while screaming, “Not like I know how!” He ran to the edge of that platform and jumped to the one floating nearby tightly hanging on, his legs dangled below. Curt was standing there watching. The lizardmen followed after him, jumping down and taking a few swings at his legs. “Holy crap! Curt don’t just leave these guys to cut me to pieces! I like my legs!” TJ cried. He dragged himself up onto the platform and quietly huffed. Curt jumped up, grabbed the ledge and started swinging back and forth, until he finally went far enough to flip over and land on his feet, than use his hands to push himself up to a standing position. He placed his dagger and shield on his back and in the case and placed his hand to his forehead looking around the area. “Rabana spotted!” He said. “Okay so we found him. Got a plan? I don’t wanna go in and just start hitting him without a second thought.” Curt nodded and waved TJ over. “Alright here’s what we do...” He whispered a bit in his ear and TJ frowned. “...You know there’s no way in hell I could do something like that.” Curt crossed his arms and glanced away for a couple moments. “There goes plans A-Y.” He stated. “So there’s a plan Z?” Curt grinned and whispered to TJ again. “It’s worth a shot.” TJ told him.

From where they stood, stood Rabana, straight across from them. Curt removed his dagger from the case and took his shield from his back. TJ shuffled through his pockets and removed the dagger Curt gave to him. He looked down at it and looked at Rabana. He fits the description Curt him exactly. From the sandals to the flower on his head...and that creepy smile too. Somehow I feel like...what we’re doing is almost wrong...but he is an Agasura...right? I wonder...if I ever became like that, would I have to be exterminated too? No, I can’t think that way...gotta use the Frequency to my advantage. I won’t let it best me! TJ tightly gripped the dagger and glared at Rabana. Su...I hope you’re ready for this. He thought. Curt led the way and TJ followed slightly behind him, but beside him nevertheless. Rabana raised his left arm in the air and his mantle twisted around itself. He pointed his fist towards TJ and Curt and it took the form of a drill. Curt nodded at TJ and they both side stepped out of the way, Curt threw three daggers at Rabana while sliding from the left, and TJ dropped to the ground and slid beside him from the right. The mantle became fists again and Curt got “Clothes-lined” by one of them. TJ clasped his hands together and cried out, “Frequency!” He stepped forward swinging his right arm, and raised it, bringing it towards the earth. Rabana turned around and knocked TJ away cancelling out his attack. “You alright man?” Curt asked stumbling back to his feet. “I’m alright, but it did hurt a ton.” TJ replied wiping the dust off of his face. “Alright then let’s hit him again!” Curt told TJ. He back flipped a couple times and dashed towards Rabana armed with two daggers, one in each hand. Rabana stepped forward a couple times and reeled back his mantle’s fist, finally bringing it out for a straight punch. Curt jumped and ran along the mantle towards his face and dived holding both daggers pointed at Rabana. Rabana blocked both with thousandth hell and tried to cut Curt with devil’s aid when he landed but failed as Curt blocked that too. Curt stepped back and dashed towards him taking a swing with his right hand but was blocked again, immediately followed up with a punch to the stomach. Rabana retreated back a couple steps and reached out with his mantle’s arm grabbing Curt by the face. At that moment TJ leapt from above him with his signature jump attack, trying to catch Rabana by surprise. Curt was dropped and TJ was grabbed by the other fist slowly being brought closer to Rabana. He made a wide smile and started flailing both swords violently cutting TJ’s chest. “Mmph!” TJ yelled in a muffled tone behind the mantle. Curt tossed a dagger into the air and grabbed it throwing it with enough force to actually combust and burst into flames. Rabana tossed TJ aside and turned back to Curt, teeth grit he took a swing at Curt with both fists but missed as Curt back flipped out of the way. When he brought them down though, he did it with enough power to smash the ground and break the entire platform as a hole. It crumbled and fell to the platform below them crushing the lizard men in a shower of boulders. They all fell with them, TJ hadn’t stood up yet but Rabana and Curt managed to land amongst the mess. Curt waved his hand and coughed trying to clear away the dust from his face. Through the clouds Rabana leapt out at him bring down both fists catching Curt off guard. He crossed his arms over and blocked both fists with the daggers he carried. “Urrgh...come on....come on...!” He muttered under his breath. He took a step forward which turned into a dash as he let go of the daggers, tossed them into the air and approached the off-guard Rabana. Curt reeled back his fist and hit Rabana with a left hook, followed up by a right straight. He grabbed Rabana by the front of his mantle and threw himself on the ground, placing his left foot on Rabana’s chest and throwing him into the oncoming daggers. Rabana hit the ground with a loud thud and slowly slid across the gravel. Curt leapt back onto his feet and took another dagger from his case. The sound of TJ coughing could be heard in the background. Rabana stood back up slightly ticked off, he reeled the arms back and dragged them across the ground running towards Curt. Rabana raised one arm in the air bringing it down towards him but Curt rolled out of the way unexpectedly falling right into Rabana’s trap. The other hand wrapped around Curt’s legs and lifted him up, slamming him down on the ground over and over. “Ugh! Damn it!” He said trying to break free. A large rock sailed through the air and made clear contact with Rabana’s forehead, followed up by TJ sprinting towards him muttering, “Frequency!” He punched Rabana in the stomach with his left hand, uppercut him with the right and grabbed him by the part of the mantle around his neck to give him a head butt. TJ’s emerald eyes glared in the light as he clasped his hands together and gave him an uppercut that sent him flying towards the other platform. “Frequency!” TJ cried out and dashed towards the other platform. He disappeared for a moment, appeared over there and placed his arms by his sides, clenched into fists. The lizardmen all turned to TJ and raised their swords to cut him. TJ leapt towards the air bringing his fists hitting the falling Rabana in the back of his head falling to the cracking ground followed by TJ crying out, “Rising Dragon!” The ground shattered as dragons rose from the ground defeating all of the lizardmen and heavily damaging Rabana, then swirled around TJ and disappeared. TJ landed and collapsed to one knee breathing heavily. “Haah...haah...urrgh. That’s just not gonna cut it Su. We need stronger attacks if we wanna take him down.” Rabana stood up in an almost drunk fashion. He turned to TJ his bindi was cracked, and tears were welling up in his eyes. He grabbed TJ by the shirt, using his right hand and the mantle’s right slowly pulled back. He placed TJ in front of him and slowly stepped back. “Heh...aww jeez. Looks like we’re not gonna escape this one. Using the Frequency that much really drained me.” TJ stated. Rabana leaned back, putting all of his weight into the right side of his body and almost trotted towards TJ bringing forth his mantle’s fist with all his force. “WATCH IT!” Curt yelled to TJ shoving him out of the way a moment too late. Rabana had made a clean haymaker on the two sending them both back to the platform across from them smashing the rubble that still rested upon it. “Auggh...for God’s sake that hurt so damn much!” TJ groaned shaking his head back and forth. His body sprawled across the rocks; he looked around him and asked, “Curt? Hey Curt you alright? Curt!” No answer. “Damn it...we’re in trouble. Gotta keep fighting though...we can’t go down like this.” Rabana continued to approach the two. TJ sat up his left arm twisted and he fell back. “GAH! HOLY SH*T! MY FRIGGIN’ ARM IS BUSTED!” TJ thrashed left and right tightly gripping his arm trying to fight the pain.

TJ! Haha I’m pretty sure that last punch dislocated your arm. You won’t be fighting with that.

“Ugh...but if I can’t fight, then how can we take him down?! Even if you took control we still won’t be able to take him down.” TJ told Su.

Just say the words and I’ll take care of it. You know what they are, and you’ll know what to do. You ready?

TJ swallowed hard. He stood up his arm dangling by his side. With whatever strength he had, he lifted it up and clasped it together with his right. He knelt down and closed his eyes. “By the words of my pact, come forth and fight as my guide! Frequency!” His eyes lit up a jade green. A large magic ring appeared around TJ, the same as Su used but with more details. It emitted a bright green light and unleashed mass amounts of wind. Buy me as much time as you can Su. He thought. TJ looked up and said, “Losing is not an option!”

Then let’s make a miracle happen!

TJ stood up and leaned back his hands wide open and palms facing the air. He closed his eyes and looked to the sky; the gem in his chest brightly shone and from it Su was released. “Hehe let’s have some fun!” She said, removing her dagger from the sheath at her hip. What was different this time was that she was wearing a ninja’s garb. It was a dark green, almost black. It wasn’t sewn at the entire body area, so it had a navy blue sash tied around her stomach. Along the seam in the chest was a silver material and behind the sash were all sorts of tools like knives, smoke bombs, ninja stars and the like. She wore a pair of thin leather gloves, the same green with gold around the rim of the wrists. The boots were that same colour, but were steel toed and had a thin sheet of metal where her legs were, covering a small part of it. Behind was the same thick but light leather material the boots were made of. She wore a headband, along with the piece of metal which had a symbol similar to that used on the magic circle. It was tied around at the back of her head, only covering a portion. Around her neck, a ninja’s face mask. She reached to her sash and removed two of the smoke bombs. She tossed them to the ground and created a wall of gas that stopped Rabana in his tracks. Two knives and three stars pierced the smoke and flew right by Rabana, not including those which hit his mantle. Su dashed through the smoke carrying a short sword in her left hand and a dagger shining a bright green in her right. She stabbed him in the stomach, the blade going right through him and slid right under his mantle’s arm. She immediately got back on her feet and stabbed him in the back without turning around. “Haha gotcha’! ” She said with a sly grin. “Frequency! Phantasm Magic: Forest’s Minuet!” The world around Rabana twisted and turned as everything started to fade to black. Things came to light again and Rabana stood in front of Su, surrounded by trees. “Tag! Your it!” She said poking the bindi on his head. She turned around and disappeared in a storm of leaves. Rabana tightly gripped his swords and glanced around him, likely expecting Su to come back and strike from the trees, but she didn’t even appear. As soon as he let his guard down, the root of a tree broke through the earth and stabbed him in the back. He looked back in horror, and more of them started to follow suit. All over the roots of these trees just shattered the ground and stabbed him. Shortly after they all faded away. Rabana collapsed to the ground and Su was sitting next to him. “That’s gotta hurt. But the fun’s just beginning!” She happily said with a laugh. Rabana felt something wrap around him, his arms and legs were tied by vines. He was trapped in a small room made entirely of vines. He weakly looked around him as they slowly came apart from the wall and approached him. With the utmost force and speed they started to hitting him or jabbing at him in every way. Bruised, battered and bloody he was dropped as everything around him turned black again. “Hahaha this is just too much fun!” Su laughed. “This is the last one, so try and survive it alright?” Rabana stood up on his hands and knees quietly huffing and trying to regain his breath. The wind gently blew and the grass swayed with it. The two were in a giant meadow; blue sky, and nothing but grass as far as the eye could see. Strangely enough, Su was sitting at a white table with a parasol sitting in the center of it erected to block out the sun. She was dressed casually, jeans and a t-shirt drinking something from a tea cup. “Tea time is over, so let’s finish off this song.” Su snapped her fingers and the wind blew ten times harder than it had before. Blades of grass scattered and surrounded Rabana. Behind him a small bundle appeared and from it Su jumped out carrying a dagger and stabbed him; then disappeared. Again from the side she appeared, carrying a two-handed sword and cut him, then disappeared. Knuckles, staves, swords, she used them all and continuously and disappeared afterwards. She finally appeared in front of him and clasped her hands together. She bowed her head and whispered, “Gold dragon...release and destroy my enemy.” The ground rumbled and the grass finally came down. The wind calmed but that which Su emitted was powerful enough to blow Rabana away. The loud roar of a dragon echoed through the meadow and Rabana looked up in horror. Su smiled. A large golden dragon’s claw came down beside her as it’s tail came down with a thud on her other side. “Say hello to MY little friend.” She finally said with a hearty laugh.

Su turned to TJ and smiled. “Alright, time to make your play TJ.” Su waved and disappeared in a small bit of magic that turned to dust and flew away. TJ nodded and stood on his feet. He stomped the ground with his right foot. All around them small balls of green and red lights surrounded the two an TJ pointed at Rabana. “March of the Fireflies...” Was all he said. They all charged towards Rabana, the green ones collided with him and exploded, pushing him into the air and the red ones stuck to him and seeped his energy. “I can already see the ending.” TJ heard from behind him. TJ held out his hand and clenched it into a fist yelling, “Detonate!” All at once they exploded pushing Rabana further and further into the air. He shuffled back a couple steps, walked forward and punched the ground with all his might. “I’m counting on you Su.”He said aloud.

I won’t fail.
    All of the floating platforms shattered and crumbled to pieces, and along with them TJ started to fall. In the blink of an eye they all stopped in their places and started to hover, TJ rested on one. “Heh, nicely done Su. Thought I would be dead there.”

I told you I could do it...

“Next up is Curt...Hope he’s ready for this.” TJ muttered. One stone at a time, Curt leapt higher and higher using them to reach where Rabana was. Rabana started a heavy descent and Curt ascended until he was finally above him. He hung onto the edge of one of the hovering stones and used it to push himself off shooting directly a Rabana. Curt grabbed Rabana by the neck and soared through the air down towards the ground floor of the area. As he continued to fall he flew by TJ and all that TJ could hear was “WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...” TJ smiled and said, “That must be Curt now.” Curt and Rabana came down with a loud crash. Rabana was sliding across the ground with Curt crouched down on his chest still holding onto him. When Rabana finally stopped, Curt raised his dagger and stabbed him in the forehead, smashing right through his bindi and penetrated the skull. “Finish.” Curt finally said standing up. He wiped the blood that dripped from his mouth and dusted off his clothes. “Incoming!” TJ yelled as the rocks fell from the sky. Curt didn’t move and he turned out to be fine but TJ ended up in a pile of smaller rocks. “Hey Su, next time you think you can wait so I can get somewhere safe?” He could hear her laughing and he frowned. Curt took the mantle and TJ swiped the fork while he wasn’t looking. Curt glared at him and TJ hid it behind his back. TJ searched Rabana and removed one of his beads. “This will make a pretty good souvenir.” Curt wrapped the mantle around his neck and said, “Alright let’s go.”

By this point night had fallen. The two continued on to the next few areas, all a small area with a stone in the center. On these stones were images of people with different emotions. The first one was a person laughing. “TJ laugh.” Curt stated. “Try saying something that’ll make me laugh funny guy.” Curt pointed a dagger at TJ and he chuckled nervously. The gate to the next area opened. Next was anger. “Let’s not go down this road Curt. You don’t wanna see me when I get mad. I can turn into a Hulk.” TJ said uneasily. Curt lowered his glasses and glanced over them at TJ. TJ glared over his glasses and continued. “You REALLY don’t wanna see me when I’m mad.” Curt lifted one foot and stomped TJ’s foot, then flicked him in the face when he leaned over. “Aww jeez what the hell?!” TJ snarled. “Gate’s open.” Curt stated pointing to the gate over his shoulder. TJ scoffed and continued walking. The last one was a person crying. TJ was silent for a moment. “Now Curt, let’s talk this ove-“Curt guided his foot right to TJ’s weak point cutting off what he said. Well, maybe every man’s weak point. TJ fell to the ground holding that spot and whimpering, “they’ll never be the same...” Curt walked on. TJ eventually got up and followed. Finally they entered the last area, where there was only a chest. “A sweet treasure to commemorate our hard work. How kind of someone to leave this behind.” TJ kicked it open and there was nothing inside. Curt just patted him on the back and said, “Let’s go man. We’ll camp out on the outskirts of Toad Town then set off again in the morning.” TJ nodded and Curt guided him back to the base of the seashore.

Curt set up a small tent on the path that led to the mountains and climbed inside. TJ sat by the shore and skipped across into the water. “When you’re ready to sleep just blow the light out on this thing and place it by your mattress.” He placed a lantern by TJ. TJ nodded as Curt walked off and climbed back into the tent. He stared up at the sky and muttered, “The stars at night are quite nice. I guess with all the light in the cities you can’t really see how beautiful the stars at night are. Back in the city...it feels so dark and lonely...” TJ shook his head. “Haha what am I saying? I must be going soft on myself.” TJ blew the lantern out and climbed into the tent. He climbed onto the mattress Curt had set out and gently covered himself in the blanket that covered it. I wonder what the guild is up to...Peorth and everyone. Maybe there’s a few people I haven’t heard of who are awake at this time? He thought. He tapped his guild emblem and let his mind wander to pay attention to the voices.

[Guild]Peorth: Yuta, I gave you a direct order to stay away from the City of Iron. That is no place for you to enter alone

[Guild]Yu: It’s not like I’m going there to fight with the Magnergs or something

[Guild]Peorth: Yuta, the reason for your actions is not the matter at hand

[Guild]Yu: Chief! You already know what happened because of that damn monster you’re protecting!

[Guild]Yu: You often say it wasn’t his fault for the Yggdrasil massacre, but then who is to blame?!

[Guild]Yu: If you don’t want to save your guild, or all of Jienda for that matter then be that way!

[Guild]Yu: I’ll be the one to save us all. I’m gonna pick up where that idiot Trini failed.

Yu has left the conversation.

[Guild]Peorth: That boy...he really doesn’t know what he’s up against

[Guild]Peorth: Should he do something wrong, all of Jienda will be in danger ahead of it’s time. I have to stop him here

TJ tapped the emblem and shook his head. “So I am a monster after all...and the Yggdrasil massacre...that must’ve also been something I had done before I lost my memories. I...have to go to the City of Iron. It must be holding the secrets of my past.” TJ muttered under his breath.

Chapter 16: Part One-The City of Iron: The Second Raid
    The sound of birds chirping and light of the sun over the dust horizon marked the start of the day. The low tide gently brushed the coast of the beach and returned to the sea in the ongoing order. The smell of salt water and freshwater fish wafted through the air. TJ rubbed his nose and stretched climbing out of the tent. “God am I ever tired.” He mumbled. He rubbed his eyes a little and leaned against a nearby rock.

Morning Mr. Poopy Pants!

Su greeted him. TJ muttered and replied, “Morning...and don’t call me that.”He scratched his chest and came across the gem embedded in it again. He sighed and said, “Man I still don’t understand this whole Frequency thing. It’s all happening so quickly...I feel like I’m gonna be the one to destroy myself. Do you think I’m just over-thinking it Su?” He asked her.

I dunno. But with that much power, maybe you can do good with it? As long as your careful right?

She replied. TJ rubbed the back of his neck. “I guess. It’s just weird in a way...like, it’s almost like I’m doing things and don’t know how. I’m even surprised by half the techniques I used. Then there’s also the fact that everyone I can think of knows something about this whole situation but seems to be hiding it from me.” He sighed again and shook his head. “Whatever I guess. Only time will tell right? I know big things are gonna happen when we get to the City of Iron but I can’t fight in this state. I can’t wait for it to heal either.” Su was quiet for a moment, and finally said something.
    I can fix you up. But to do that you’re gonna have to let me out of the gem for a little while.

TJ groaned and replied, “You know, that sounds like a ruse. One of those situations where you let something out of something and it turns out to be evil. Kind of like letting an evil genie out of his lamp.” TJ laughed. “Oh well. Better you doing ‘evil acts’ than me right? What do I do first?” The sound of the tent rustling caught TJ off guard as he immediately turned in shock. Curt stepped out flattening his bed head hair and saying, “Ha ha well, first you gotta fulfill your contract with Su.” TJ’s eyebrows sunk and he lightly muttered something again.

“Are you ever going to explain what this entire thing means?” TJ asked. “Ahh I’ll tell you on the way to our next city. Anyway, I’ll walk you through what to do so let’s get this ceremony started!” Curt replied. “You’re...from some sort of secret colt aren’t you?” TJ sarcastically asked. Curt placed his finger to his lips and removed his dagger from it’s sheath. He drew a large circle in the ground, a circle around that one but not too far from it. In between he drew lines in a zig-zag diagonal fashion, and inside the circle drew a clock diagram. He made a two well drawn fingers, and roman numerals for the numbers one to twelve, along with a circle in the center of it. There may have just been a light image of that star seen in the other seals that TJ and Su used, but from the sight of it, it didn’t seem so. “Alright TJ step into that center circle and kneel.” Curt told him. TJ anxiously glanced at the seal and Curt thinking, the more I see the less I like. “By fulfilling the contract between you and Su, it’ll strengthen your bond and decrease the resistance you receive when using any kinds of Frequency. Also, it’ll weaken the seals that were placed on your mana.” Curt explained. “That doesn’t sound half bad.” TJ said. “Alright then, focus your power and say the words that will invoke the contract.” TJ turned his head toward Curt but didn’t move his body at all. “In English please?” Su started to laugh. “Use the Frequency and do whatever actions you feel are right. The rest will come to you.” TJ grinned and nodded. “Frequency!” He cried out. He clasped his hands together, closed his eyes and lowered his head. “By the words of my pact, come forth and complete the contract that binds our souls as one!” TJ opened his eyes now shining their jade green and the gem in his chest lit up emitting a bright light. The ground shook and the seal engraved into the ground lit up with a similar light to TJ’s. From the gem Su slowly emerged and stepped out in front of TJ, a matching magic ring followed her every step as she placed herself parallel to TJ, the circles just barely touching. “Now you both have to say your vows. Both of you should start.” She nodded.

“By the words of my pact, I will abide by the laws of God Ah to serve and protect my partner.”

Su continued.

“To maintain as a guide...”

TJ picked up.

“To serve as a host...”

And so on...

“As a sword...”

And so on...

“As a shield...”

And so on...

“By the unity of mana...”

TJ worked towards the conclusion.

“Together as one...”

Finally...

“Now and forever!”

The ground rumbled violently and light from the two circles doubled in size and shot up towards the sky. From that small area the winds violently roared stirring up the sea and blowing small creatures around in it’s violent wails. The hands on the clocks of the magic circles started to turn while making a winding sound. They finally came to a stop and everything slowly returned to normal. The leaves from the palm trees gently floated down and the crabs and other sea creatures returned to their daily routine, a bit shaken up. The sea too had become from large waves to small ripples in a matter of minutes. TJ wobbling back and forth placed his hand on his forehead and shook his head. “Ugh...That really does a number on your balance.” He glanced up and looked at Su and Curt. Both of them looked like they got caught up in a typhoon. They were both dripping wet and their hair was a mess. A small smirk appeared on J’s face and he burst out laughing. “You two look awful!” The other two started to see the humour and started laughing with him.

Su brushed her hair with her hand so it looked somewhat decent while TJ wandered around looking for the beret to his waiter suit. Curt placed one hand in front of his mouth and cleared his throat to say, “Okay so that takes care of that. The pact became a contract, so it’s finally official. Now there should be a lot more that you two can do as opposed to what you could do before. Can’t wait to see it.” TJ picked up his hat from the sand and dusted it off saying, “I thought that would just give us stronger attacks. Do we get new spells or something? Su replied. “Since the seals are a bit looser now there should be more transformations for us to do. I still gotta try out the Order and Chaos pacts.” Curt glared at Su and TJ climbed up the ladder staring at her curiously. “What was that last part about Order and Chaos? Could that have something to do with the other Frequencies that Curt mentioned?” TJ asked them. “Oops?” Su uneasily laughed.

Curt started taking down the tent. “Well, since you let that one out of the bag you might as well tell him.” He said to Su. She shrugged and replied, “Yeah sure. Okay so, you know about the three factions right? Chaos, Order and Neutrality. The guild system is based on those three. Yggdrasil is an Order guild, so we gain all sorts of increases in our defence and magic defence. Now those three factions were based on something else, but that’s not important. The Frequency was divided into those three factions too, each with a different purpose and you can use them (So can I but that’s a given). So when you put two and two together, if Order Guilds get defence, then Chaos must be the opposite, and Neutrality is in between. So with Chaos, you get insane amounts of power, but terrible defence and likely weak defence magic. With Neutrality, you get a bit of both, and with Order you have insane defence magic and defence but terrible power with attacks and magic. Depends on how you use it I guess. The Gem in your chest is actually from a set of four. Each piece was blessed by one of those factions, and you have the one that has all three. When you get those four all together, surely something is gonna happen.” She laughed and grinned. “I’ll tell you this much more. If I say too much I think Curt might go on a rampage.” TJ glanced toward Curt and he seemed to be quietly fuming. “With every faction comes someone from that faction who knows something about your past, and likely has a piece of your gem. All three of them are girls by the way!” She told him with a teasing grin. “But then there are three guys from each faction that are meant to kill you. This game has multiple endings, and you can decide how you want it to end, so the people you side with and the choices you make could impact that. The game is just beginning so I hope you’re ready for it!” She waved her index finger at him a couple times and winked. Then turned into a small green ball of light and returned to the gem. TJ looked down and placed his hand on his chest. “So the gems that the people from my memories have or had, are all part of this one gem? Not only that...they could be my allies or enemies. Then there’s the whole three people out to assassinate me. Ridiculous!” Surely, Yuta must be one of them. He calls me a demon and says I’m going to destroy all of Jienda. Three factions, the three gems, my three allies and assassins, and the three Frequencies. Certainly they all make a bigger picture. But what the hell did Su mean when she said it was a game? If things weren’t real maybe it would make sense. Can’t be a dream though...how could I dream in a dream? Now that I think of it, where in this entire thing does she come in? She doesn’t have any of those gems as far as I know, and she hasn’t tried to kill me (I think). “Arggh! My head hurts!” TJ angrily rubbed his temples and shook his head. “Man, what the hell?! I’m so sick of all these riddles and stuff! Why not just tell me what it all means and what I’m supposed to do so I can get on with my life?!” He yelled. “Well, if you knew wouldn’t that defeat the purpose of the game? You have to find the answers. Not like anyone can tell you how to live your life right? Just go with the flow and do what you do. Your life and the answers are gonna unfold as you go along. If you rushed, you’ll miss out on what the world has to offer you. For this, not even I can see the ending yet.” Curt answered. “Easy for you to say. At least you know who you are and what you’ve done in your lifetime. Half the time when I’m using the Frequency I can barely keep my consciousness! But fine, whatever. I’ll go along with your silly game and I’ll reach the end. I’ll reach the ending...the one that suits me best.” Curt packed away the tent finally and stated, “That’s exactly what I wanted to hear.”

Last edited by TJ on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:22 am; edited 4 times in total
    Suuba
    Suuba

Post  Suuba Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:30 pm

awsome section!! cant wait for the next one! and i know im a strange 13 year old girl XDDDDD pocky is awsome. i had some last week. too bad everyone at my house stole them all lol
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:18 pm

This is an example of using other ideas as motivation. When you told me about the far lands,or whatever its called XD, it gave me a ton of ideas that I could build on. I just let my imagination run wild and it turned out to be this and much more ^^. I'm sure that there's lots you can find motivation from too. Dont lose confidence yet ;3
    Suuba
    Suuba

Post  Suuba Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:52 pm

lol its called the farplane. and who ever said i lost all of my confidence? XD me = strange 13 year old girl lol < - randomness ftw XD
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:46 am

Being normal is lame so I'm with you there XD
    I hope to expand on your's and curts character more along the way,on a lighter note.need some more info on dagger skills and personality traits as a start >~<. But nevertheless,battles come first for what's to come. The rest will be completely original skills ^^.
    but I do need your opinion on something...do you think it's better that you act more as the 'guide' for my character and sometimes takes a physical form (I won't be fighting at that point of course) or would you prefer taking up something that fights as an assistant, (like taking up a body made of rock or something)? I know what I'm gonna do for the next two chapters, but deciding how you'll fight in the story that follows is what has me puzzled.
    If you can't decide that's fine XD
    Suuba
    Suuba

Post  Suuba Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:57 am

lol you pretty much know my skills and personality so yuo should be ok on that. i really cant deciede. sorry

Last edited by Suuba on Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    AmuXChans
    AmuXChans

Post  AmuXChans Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:27 am

so quiet i cant go on latale till im recover so =[ and btw tj better amek it
    Suuba
    Suuba

Post  Suuba Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:48 am

lol what amu?
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:20 pm

guess she meant to say make lol.but nevertheless,I'll solve it somehow.theres still lots of time before i need to make these decisions ^^

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:24 pm