Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

[solved]Sanctuary

Toejam
    Toejam

[solved]Sanctuary - Page 9 Empty Re: [solved]Sanctuary

Post  Toejam Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:38 am

Sanc Pages 53-58:

It's finally happening. I'm actually working. Decided to stop slacking off and try to pick up where I left off in Sanc. Hopefully with this I'll get back into my writing and it'll see some improvements. The beginning was a bit rough, but following it I think it's coming around as a whole. Felt a little strange writing those guys again, but their characters are coming back to me now, so all the little quirks of them are starting to be a bit rounded out also. In truth, it's a bit refreshing. Hopefully if I can get this one done soon I can take care of the others also. Shouldn't be too long until this chapter's done, since it only has 3 scenes.
    Suuba
    Suuba

Post  Suuba Thu May 01, 2014 6:24 pm

Big lazy nerd like holy fuck. tbh yeah it honestly has been a while and im sorry for not bein around. bluh.

For the TJ chapter things, they're kinda funny. If they're are gonna be canon or w/e, they would be written and only stay with TJ (or as you said only known by the sender) you know as a stress relief I guess or help with any growing anxiety of all the shit that went down. Continuing with the 'if they were canon' would they be released as new chapters onto sanc or just a new thing all together.

As for the new sanc chapters, im fuckin laughin. holy fuck. Just a buncha prideful assholes omfg. I fuckin like it, keep at it.
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Sun May 04, 2014 1:52 pm

Glad to know you liked it! I think it's safe to say this'll be finished before Innocent is, since I'm still just a tad unsure about how I want it to play out, that and the lack of storyboards but it'll get some love very soon. Knocking sanc out of the way, I think it'll help me prepare for finishing Innocent, and between doing that and drafting for ch.4 I might give USS a touch-up as I did with Frequency. Or something similar. I'll come around here once in a while to update the chapter's with the rough draft until the good copy of the chapter's finished. Hopefully it'll be soon!

Pages 58-63:

And hey don't worry about the small stuff. There's always time. I'm not going anywhere in a hurry, I can assure you of that. There's a lot of catching up I've gotta do. Maybe there's a lot for both of us.
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Wed May 07, 2014 5:55 pm

Got today's update for you. Trying to do a bit of a reward system for myself here to give a bit more of an incentive to sit down and actually work. Gotta admit, today I made some decent progress! I'd say we're about 2/3rds of the way through the chapter, since all that's left is what remains of Foe Mansion(and it's not that much really) and then the Gothic Room itself.

Pages 66-70:

This one took a few good hours but I'm feeling good about it. All that time I spent away from my writing I've done a lot of thinking, and one thing I noticed is that I wanted to work on the movement of the characters so the way they did things didn't feel so robotic. It's something I've been working on since redoing Frequency, but I think I can honestly say it's improved! These days I find myself utilizing normal attacks rather than skills(partially since I can't remember what they look like and/or describe them) but giving more variety to how they're performed, depending on who does it. Su and Kooh have a more acrobatic style, while Peorth falls back on her teachings from before leaving Asgard, along with her own spin on the style. TJ and Thee don't have a particular style, but Thee focuses more on the use of skills and TJ spells, occasionally trying to batter his enemies with his weapon. Hopefully over time I'll be able to expand the style to fit TJ and Su since they'll be relying on each other when using the Frequency, not just for spells and whatnot. Truthfully, this was all stuff that came to mind while I was planning for Innocent, and I'm hoping when I do go back to finish it off I can implement it and perfect it.
    As for the characters themselves, I'm working on fleshing them out a tad as their stories unfold. With such an extensive cast, I want them all to get a moment to shine, though I won't be able to focus too much on the lesser supporting cast. For now I've got plans for the main characters, certain people in the supporting cast and the backstories for three of the four God's Governors. It's gonna be one hell of a ride, and I've tried reading and experimenting with a lot of new content of varying types, so I'm hoping I can successfully make an emotional rollercoaster out of this one. Stories that could really grab someone's heart, and most of the time rip it to pieces fascinate me sometimes lol. With this one though, I wanna keep the happy-go-lucky feeling of LT while throwing in unexpected feels. With this, I'll take a huge step towards creating my own original story. Until then, I'll keep my fingers crossed that this one turns out good. Whenever you feel up to it, drop in and lemme know what you think. Comments are always welcome.
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Mon May 12, 2014 1:58 pm

Pages 70-79:

That's it! Chapter's done! Took me a long ass time to finish it but I finally got through it. Trying to implement the new style while keeping the flow of battle was hard as hell. The biggest challenge was trying to keep the strength of the enemies while maintaining the level of skill and ability that the members of Yggdrasil have. I'd spent quite a bit thinking of how I could give Lady Hug and Pandora some variety to their attacks, so I started utilizing the Gothic Room as a whole. That Pandora fight felt a lot more natural than the battle against Lady Hug. Truthfully though, I forgot to mention why TJ fainted after using the Frequency the first time, so once I go through for edits I'll hopefully either add that or save it for ch.4
    So two big things happened here! One, I'm working on adapting the lore back into the story, and I have to admit trying to merge Greek history with Norse mythology+the nonsense I made up for Frequency is hard as balls. I wanna add more of the mythologies and whatnot but with all the notes and the possible views within one certain mythos or piece of history it can become a bit overwhelming, especially with all the plots I've hinted at and am juggling at this very moment. Secondly, I'm working the idea of artifacts back into the story too. I had mentioned some were stolen from Su's temple, and Pandora's jar and Memorius Sanctum are a few among the many, so you'll see those occasionally and perhaps a story that follows them. I'll work on balancing them out so it's not too much of an information dump 24/7. You know how it is lol.
    So new character! Freya! 2 in 1. Kooh's a keeper. I was thinking of extending the scene here to include more time for Freya, but I think I'll leave it for ch. 4 so I can spend some more time developing her and the ideas/incantations behind the ritual itself. That is, if I decided to add them in. I think I'm conflicted on the matter 'cause it might sound too chuuni. On the other hand, the whole story does kinda sound that way. I'll be adding some more details when I edit it over the next few days. Might put it up on here and FF. The good copy, that is.
    Lastly, I think I might focus my efforts into USS. I thought about it a bit, and it would make a fantastic introduction for further backstory for Hanamah, Samson and co. Also a more in-depth look into Xenym before the attack. I'm thinking within it I'll introduce Reina, her mother and friends, and a couple of artifacts including the Mino Gemstone. I have some new scenes in mind and I'll give the conversations a bit of a touch-up to so it's gonna feel fresh and new. There might even be a fight(among kids but it'd explain how Su winds up so battered). I'm really excited for it, but I gotta admit I might need a few days to kick back after all this writing. Hope you like ch. 3.
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:17 pm

Ch.3 Pages 1-10:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:24 pm

Pages 10-19:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:40 pm

Pages 19-26:
    This is the good copy of it. There were a lot of minute changes and a few big ones, but overall I think it was a big improvement. It flows better imo. I have to admit, reading through it the second time around I still feel that I didn't showcase everyone's abilities enough, but the chapter was essentially focused around Kooh, so she should be a big part of it. I'm still considering the details of Freya's identity, but I think I have a pretty good idea of where she comes from and what her personality will be like. Won't give it all away in chapter 4 though. A girl's gotta have her secrets lol. Truth be told it's been a little busy around here but hopefully I can put some more time into USS and show you what's cooking once it's made some decent progress. I'm feeling pretty good today so with enough willpower I might have something to show by the end of the night. Following the completion of USS, I think I might be working on and off with Innocent and updating both here and at the tumblr, and also drafting ch. 4 of Sanc. Though I think I might draft Unbreakable before that. You've waited an awful long time huh? At the very least you'll get to see a new and improved USS. So far I think it's lovely. I'll keep you updated here and over in the old USS forum. Hope you're doing well!
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:08 pm

Ch 4. Pages 75-79:

I'll talk about the chapter either on Friday or sometime after, cause sometimes I get lazy. But I'll update as the week progresses. Fair warning though, following this things are gonna get a little pretentious and weird. I joked about it back when I started Sanc on FF I think, but I wasn't kidding! I'll try not to screw it up.
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:17 am

Pages 79-88:

I know I said I'd talk about the most recent stuff but I totally flopped. And I'm gonna do that again today! But FRIDAY. DEFINITELY. I swear, if I don't I'll do...something. Something special. I had considered doing a short interlude for a certain character at the end of USSR but that went out the window, SO if I don't hold to my word, I'll do that and post it here. Canon? Perhaps. Though I do plan on keeping my word so, you know. If not I'll kick myself later.

Mmk I'm here so I'll start from the beginning.
    Whole lot of changes:

Anyway that pretty much covers all I have to say on this week and last week's stuff so if you have questions you know where to find me. With that said, until next time!
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:08 pm

Pages 88-93:

Su confirmed for bear eater:
    I'll make another post for something unrelated in the spirit of Valentine's Day!
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:46 pm

So I'm gonna warn you now. This is riddled with spoilers, especially for Vanir's story, and somewhat for the main story. Well actually a fair bit for the main story since it goes into the past a bit. It's also a tad inappropriate because there's a certain person like that, but if none of that bothers you feel free to read it. Again, a lot of this is not something you should do for various reasons. These guys are fictional!

A quick FYI, this won't be included in the FF release. It's actually a part of USSR, but the story will end where the epilogue does...after I make some edits. Sometime. This isn't canon to the main story,(though technically it is, it doesn't change it any so it's not necessary information when reading either Freq/Sanc)
    Another Time, Another Place:

How did this happen?:

If you did read this, I hope you enjoyed it! Took me a few hours to write but it was something that I had in mind for a little while. I feel like there could be more but with this I'm satisfied. So with that out of the way, happy Valentine's!
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:06 pm

Pages 93-99:

The Power of friendship. And fire.:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:50 pm

Page 99-110:

Dangerous Alone-Stupidly Dangerous Together:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:26 pm

Pages 110-120:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:28 pm

Pages 120-131:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:31 pm

Pages 131-134:

I wrote 24 pages over the last 11 days. This is it. Chapter's done. Ughghghgh. I'll be back tomorrow to talk about the recent updates, and probably the chapter overview Friday. Enjoy!
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:14 pm

Well i Just spent 3 hours writing up stuff on this and then I hit backspace. GG NO RE
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:11 pm

The Fourth Harmony: Overview:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:52 pm

GAL and TAD Act 1:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:23 pm

Ah! My Goddess!:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:11 pm

Ch. 5 Pages 145-156:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:11 pm

Pages 156-166:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:14 pm

Pages 166-176:

Finished this chapter in less than a week. Had some time off work so I went all out. In terms of pages its short, but I think it's just the way I wrote it-on the other hand, it's not crazy long like ch. 4. I'll talk a bit about this tomorrow hopefully, but today and through then too, I'll be doing edits on the previous chapters so I can finally...you know, actually finish them. Ch. 3 needs the most work lol. But it can wait. Hopefully if all goes well I can do the review tomorrow and have the Chapter Overview finished by Monday evening when I get home. Look forward to it!
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:21 pm

This'll be on your test:

This was supposed to be a lot shorter but then this happened. Goddamn it. Now you get to hear me complain. There are edits to be done. SO.MANY.EDITS. I spent a lot of the weekend just doing Sister. AHRBYFGBVYHGUJFB. I'm not done it yet. Following that there's like another 50-60 pages I have to go through just to get to where I am now. And then the storyboarding. And dungeon making and ughguhgghhgh. And don't even get me started on USSR. That's in a league of its own.
    ANYWAY THE REVIEW. MAYBE TOMORROW. Maybe not cause I'm lazy and still have to work. I shouldn't be here typing this now but I am. I talked about a lot of junk here so there might not be much to say on that. We'll see. Gotta remember to cover TJ's part tomorrow. Kinda important? Maybe? Gender issues. So troublesome. And a guy like me doesn't know jack shit about them. Bring on the pitchforks and torches, then take me out to sea and burn me at the stake please.
    Anyway it's late and I'm tired and ranting about nothing. Until next time!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 7:43 pm