Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

[solved]Sanctuary

Toejam
    Toejam

[solved]Sanctuary - Page 10 Empty Re: [solved]Sanctuary

Post  Toejam Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:42 pm

The Fifth Harmony: Overview:
    Now I'm going to stuff my face. Dinner calls, as does my bed.
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Tue May 12, 2015 5:39 pm

Ch. 6 Pages 176-188:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Tue May 12, 2015 5:40 pm

Pages 188-198:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Tue May 12, 2015 5:41 pm

Pages 198-204:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Tue May 12, 2015 8:22 pm

Keep all hands, feet, teeth and other appendages off the waifu:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:14 pm

Pages 204-209:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:15 pm

Pages 209-214:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:00 pm

No sexy time happened, I promise:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:45 am

Pages 214-222:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:17 pm

It's been a while! I could tell you the whole spiel but it's not worth telling. INSTEAD, you can watch this, because it's important. So very, very important.
    The Truth of the universe. This is it.:
    I am 100% serious about this. Now that your mind is open to the infinite possibilities contained in that bread, shall we?

This week, there's a lot I have to cover, leaving aside the regular week's review, I'm gonna talk about some things I have planned for the future, so as you'd expect it could be considered spoilers, so read it if you really wanna know but don't mind spoilers. I'll put it under its own tag so you'll know.
    A bunch of gay babies+Curt:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:25 pm

Now this is a little something I've had in the works for a while now. To give you a better idea of how things came to be lemme step back a little before I get into it.
    Essentially, Frequency always had a weird way of going about its character arcs. The arcs were typically broken up into short term adventures, such as Toad Island, the City of Iron, the first and second raids on Kimara and such things. As for the characters, their stories unfolded as the story progressed, but never truly concluded. The reason being, of course was that they would continue in Sanc. At times, in stories or games and other forms of media, a character arc would likely happen all at once, and once its over well...you know, that would be that. They'd have their moment in the sun, and the story would progress but it would change them substantially. Frequency was a little bit like that-there were certain moments like TJ coming to understand that he could change, despite being an Agasura or Su and him having the conversation and she realizing that she could do so much more that she thought she was capable of-let alone how necessary her abilities were. These were not definitive conclusions to their stories, but major growths for their characters.
    Now let's jump to the present. There's a whole host of new characters being introduced, storylines ranging from Frequency to USSR, and still the inevitable battle with Asmodeus in the future approaching. A lot of characters have problems to face that may be related or unrelated to one or two other characters, and though it might not be necessary for TJ to jump into the problems and intervene, in doing so he can acquire new allies, some of his memories and new spells/abilities. On the flip side, he could change the fates of those characters who get involved with him, potentially saving their lives, turning the tides of battles and helping them to change in some way or another. I'd rattle off some examples but I'm gonna do a giant spoiler tagged list so you have a good idea of what I mean. Forgive me if it's bad because it's still a rough idea right now, but this is it! So let's get down to it!

(I can't fix one of the tags so deal)So for starters, and since it's the easiest and most obvious I'll start with TJ's. I've broken up each characters 'arc' into a category called a 'Fate'. You know, "Change the fate of the Cerebians and you will change your own". Does it hold true here? We'll have to find out! Each will be named, and I'll mark who it pertains to, and what Fates might be a sub-category of it. It sounds confusing yes, but in essence it's simple, I promise. Just in case, mad spoilers. Seriously.

The North Star(All):
    So with that said, that's that. Major possible spoilers, maybe not at all. I can't say for sure that all of these Fates will come to fruition, but there are many more I've yet to cover here. This is just a taste of some of the major ones, and some of the subs that are possible storylines further down the pipe. As you can see, new abilities can be acquired, new classes, and the fate of the people involved can change. As for TJ's 'metamorphosis'  ability it's just a renamed version of his 'Calling'. I didn't like the Abellan growth tree's name, since it was meant to be temporary, so I opted out having 'Advancement' as the first stage and swapped it out for 'Calling', then had 'Metamorphosis' take it's place. Anyway, I've been sitting here for far too long writing spoilers so I'll leave it at that. I hope this was of use! Until next time!
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:32 am

Can you guess what time it is?
    TIME FOR AN INDEFINITE HIATUS! YEAH!
    Happy hunting!
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:28 pm

Pages 222-234:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:41 pm

I hate irony. I really, really do.
    Illuminati Confirmed:

I suppose there's more that could be said about this but either I don't remember or I have something else in mind. Anyway, I'll take a bit of time to talk about the series as a whole before I go.

Last edited by TJ on Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I was supposed to write about nakedness and forgot. Noted!)
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:25 pm

This one's...odd. Goes way back, and well...yeah.
    Frequency Going Forward:

Now you're probably wondering-what use would any of this have now? Why's he telling me about this? Idk either. Somewhat.
    In truth, I've thought a little about it, and though ridiculous some of the bits and pieces of them are, I'd realized that perhaps they could still be of use. Though unlikely, some plot points from these might find their way back to Sanc in a new shape and form, and see some use. I have one in mind for sure, and though these are but the skeletons of the plots, I did consider some things during them, and some of them still exist in Sanc to this day. It's all old stuff, really, but I guess it'd be better kept somewhere than lost to the whims of time. ...And old age.
    That's all I have to say for today. Until next time!
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:58 pm

Pages 234-243:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:02 pm

Pages 243-252:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:59 pm

Su's Bandages of Chest Binding:

I suppose I've said my piece for today-I was supposed to talk a bit more about the rituals and such, and spells and their upgraded versions but I might save those for future chapters or the end of chapter review. In case you were wondering why this was so detailed, I employed a secret technique that required a lot of money and time-money and time I don't have, so don't expect it to happen too frequently. Anyway, it's late already and if I'm anything but listless I'll be damned. Got a bit too fired up at the end and it's kinda tired me out so I'll leave it there for today. Until next time!
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:26 pm

Pages 252-260:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:35 pm

Pages 260-268:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:31 pm

Nice Guy Darkness:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Pages  268-278:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:12 pm

Pages 278-288:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:21 pm

It's the eyebrows that really sell it:
    Toejam
    Toejam

Post  Toejam Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:53 pm

I know this is a bit contradictory about what I'm about to talk about but...well, hopefully it's the last time I need to do it. That is, hoping I'm on the right track for once. I'll try and keep this short.

I've come to realize that Sanc has some mistakes-perhaps spelling and grammar, but that's not the concern. The real concern here is the form the story has of late, and how I've been using this site and writing on it.
    Lemme address the first. I've come to understand that the way the plot plays out might be...out of order. Disorganized. Put simply, bad. Due to that fact I'm not happy with it at all, and this frustrates me to no end. It needs to be fixed, and I'm hard-pressed to leave it as is, but to edit it properly I need to mull it over and decide where I want to move certain parts, and what I need to change in its entirety. I'm not happy with how it is now, and if there's glaring faults with the plot the whole thing will come crashing down. I'd promised myself I wouldn't do it half-heartedly, and if it comes off as such I can't leave it be. For the time being, I'm gonna halt the storyboarding and see if I can fix the recent chapter, and how.
    The other matter is how I've been using the forum-in a sense, I've treated it more as a blog, which in this case could be considered...bad. It's not fitting for one of my standing. I'd be lying if I said I didn't understand my position, but there's no lie in the fact that I can't quite fathom it yet. On one hand, I see it as a place to share my findings and discoveries as I seek to improve. The problem is, that makes it more personal-a little too much. That's...not gonna fly. Not here-not for this. At times what I say can be a little too opinion-based and it shouldn't be. I should be more objective if I've come for that purpose, and keep it separate from my life and what it pertains. Less about me, more about the story. Period.
    There's one concern I have there though-some believe that a writer puts a part of themselves in their characters. Their experiences, memories and thoughts can become the basis for various things in the story. This is something I believe too, and yet...I can't quite share all of those things. I find myself conflicted between writing something 'true' to me and what would fit the story. I suppose I find myself struggling between what 'feels' right and what I 'believe' to be right and because of that my work suffers. I can't bring myself to move forward with the way things are now. It becomes an unbreakable loop.

Nevertheless, the point still stands that times call for change. The way I manage things will change, hopefully for the better. I'm gonna take some time away from here to gather my bearings and ponder this some more, and with that in mind I should be able to come to an answer. Maybe after all, I'm wrong about this, but if necessary I can't keep running away from what should be and what is.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:45 pm